• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
We’re a good team again heading in the right direction. We’ve finally got leaders on and off the pitch and even when we go behind I don’t panic now because I know we’ll get a goal or two. Our manager might not be the right candidate for the long term but he’s making the right noises, signings and handles the press conferences perfectly. He never throws his players under the bus and keeps everyone focused.

Utd are still a work in progress but I like watching us again and we’re exciting in spells, we’re snide when we need to be and can mix up our play.

I don’t think we’ll win the league but IF Ole pulls it off then he will prove a lot of us wrong, myself included. In saying that, he’s been the perfect man to get rid of the players who lacked the mentality to play for a club of our size, he’s brought in players like Bruno, brought through the likes of Greenwood and handled the Pogba situation better than anyone could.

It’s good right now and we’re on the right path.

edit : Is there a way to get rid of the millions of adverts here when browsing on mobile?

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I refuse to believe Manchester United will become champions. I laughed at their team from 2013 - a few months ago, and even then we beat them at OT with the painfully average team we have..

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Ole wins the league, I will have to consider migrating to the Faeroes or something. The media here, who are already insufferable, will be operating in an alternative universe....

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
I refuse to believe Manchester United will become champions. I laughed at their team from 2013 - a few months ago, and even then we beat them at OT with the painfully average team we have..
Winning a game of football against another team isn’t a barometer to measure how that very club will do over the course of an entire season.

Watford beat Liverpool last season. How did that end up? Watford were relegated, Liverpool won the league.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
If Ole wins the league, I will have to consider migrating to the Faeroes or something. The media here, who are already insufferable, will be operating in an alternative universe....
You’ve got us mixed up with Chelsea and Lampard. Ole isn’t English so our media don’t give him any praise at all.

In fact, Arteta gets far more of an easy ride than Ole does despite being as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Winning a game of football against another team isn’t a barometer to measure how that very club will do over the course of an entire season.

Watford beat Liverpool last season. How did that end up? Watford were relegated, Liverpool won the league.

I never said that, of course one game means nothing. But let's not pretend like United isn't playing some horrible football at times, they've come back from being a goal down the most times in this league to win the game by a small margin, with some lucky penalties to boot.

This United team up top is nothing like Man City or Liverpool of recent times. Piss poor all over the place. Still better than us of course, but who isn't.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You’ve got us mixed up with Chelsea and Lampard. Ole isn’t English so our media don’t give him any praise at all.

In fact, Arteta gets far more of an easy ride than Ole does despite being as much use as a chocolate teapot.
The media here is filled with Ole stuff...you wouldn't believe.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

He's talking about the Norwegian media. I imagine every sports section is going crazy with an article on Ole or Haaland every day. At least now there's something to talk about on Ødegaard. God forbid Haaland plays under Ole. :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Huh, you mean Ole 'at the wheel' Solskjaer? The one whose ex-teammates now make up half the punditry circuit, he doesn't get any praise? That's a stretch.

Listen this whole thing isn't complicated. Utd is Bruno Fernandes and Bruno Fernandes is Utd. The moment people start talking about other players or the coach in their analysis I just switch off cos it's irrelevant. Utd have been a good team for 12 months, Bruno has been a Utd player for 12 months...it's not rocket science, people just want to look for more meaningful answers when the simple answer is staring them in the face.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Huh, you mean Ole 'at the wheel' Solskjaer? The one whose ex-teammates now make up half the punditry circuit, he doesn't get any praise? That's a stretch.

Listen this whole thing isn't complicated. Utd is Bruno Fernandes and Bruno Fernandes is Utd. The moment people start talking about other players or the coach in their analysis I just switch off cos it's irrelevant. Utd have been a good team for 12 months, Bruno has been a Utd player for 12 months...it's not rocket science, people just want to look for more meaningful answers when the simple answer is staring them in the face.
Completely disagree with you. But you can tell Utd are good again when rival fans are saying we’re a “one man team”.

It was the same with Cantona, it was the same with Ronaldo and now it’s the same with Bruno.

He’s a catalyst, sure. But there’s much more to it than that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Completely disagree with you. But you can tell Utd are good again when rival fans are saying we’re a “one man team”.

It was the same with Cantona, it was the same with Ronaldo and now it’s the same with Bruno.

He’s a catalyst, sure. But there’s much more to it than that.

Not saying you're a one man team. A one man team in the purest sense is just a team with only one good player. You have other good players of course, but if Bruno hadn't come last January those other good players would be doing the same thing they were doing before Bruno came in i.e finishing around 5th or something.

I agree he's the catalyst, where we disagree is that I don't think there is much more to it than that. I think it's one world class player with a big personality who's changed everything around him.

And penalties obviously. Lots and lots of penalties.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think it's kinda of hard to get onto United now since they've had good form for over a year now. If you spend enough money eventually you'll come good and players improve.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Not saying you're a one man team. A one man team in the purest sense is just a team with only one good player. You have other good players of course, but if Bruno hadn't come last January those other good players would be doing the same thing they were doing before Bruno came in i.e finishing around 5th or something.

I agree he's the catalyst, where we disagree is that I don't think there is much more to it than that. I think it's one world class player with a big personality who's changed everything around him.

And penalties obviously. Lots and lots of penalties.

Those good players were injured unfortunately. We suffered long term injuries with **** backup last season.

Imagine to see this front four and no Pogba week in week out:

Rashford
James Pereira Lingard/Mata
And then in January Rashford got long term injury (still no Pogba):

Martial
James Pereira Lingard/Mata​

However, I do think Bruno changed something very important and that’s the mentality. It lifts up team’s spirit, the mentality as a team is better & also it makes some player like Pogba to step his game up. That’s why some people made the Cantona comparison due to making similar impact on the team in term of lifting up the team, changing mentality and making players around you better.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's talking about the Norwegian media. I imagine every sports section is going crazy with an article on Ole or Haaland every day. At least now there's something to talk about on Ødegaard. God forbid Haaland plays under Ole. :lol:
That is precisely how it is.

"Ole to consult with Sir Alex before tomorrow's match"

"Sir Alex visited Ole to feed the cat while Ole was managing the Under-11s against Grimsby"

"Ole spotted at Tesco to buy Perrier before training tomorrow"

"Ole's car needs an oil change"

"Silje has just bought a new handbag!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom