• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not only that but this is Ole's team now, he's settled, he's spent and now he's renewed if you don't even challenge it's a worry.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I have some thoughts on United this season though, but I'll keep them to myself. Some on this forum probably won't like it.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Off the top of my head: Botman, Kounde, Pau, Romero, White, Andersen, Tapsoba, Lacroix.

I was sure you would go for Kounde or Pau.

I'm a big fan of Varane btw. I wanted us to sign him too but that's because we already had Gabriel and Saliba.

I think ultimately Madrid will come out better out of this if they replace Varane with Kounde.

How are those players benefiting us more than Varane for challenging the league? In fact, Varane cost cheaper than Pau Torres, Kounde, Romero, and White, thus we went to player who has better quality and cheaper which probably suits our budget. And one of them is below Laporte in pecking order of Spain national team and Laporte is city 3rd choice CB. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rooney was a great player, but how can you take him seriously as a manager...he just always seems all over the place, all the time.

Would be like if Sopranos gets rebooted, and since Tony has passed away, they put AJ in charge ..no one wants to see that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol I remember when this forum was applauding Tierney for going in with the tackles in training after it came out he’d been told to calm down.

No excuse for that stuff in training man.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He tackled his own player in training and injured him? This guy, he needs to grow up.

Funniest thing is they’re so broke they can’t even afford to fire him.

Knight is one of their best players and one of the only ones they could get any money for.

Absolute car crash of a hire Wayne was.

Gn1212

How are those players benefiting us more than Varane for challenging the league? In fact, Varane cost cheaper than Pau Torres, Kounde, Romero, and White, thus we went to player who has better quality and cheaper which probably suits our budget. And one of them is below Laporte in pecking order of Spain national team and Laporte is city 3rd choice CB. :lol:
Pau and Kounde had a better season than Varane tbf. Arguably for 2 seasons in a row. Btw, if you add Varane's wages, it's a much costly move. That's a 5 year deal on 300k pw. I think you know well enough how these wages can have the opposite. You lot and us have learned this the hard way(Auba, De Gea, Alexis, Özil, etc.)

Anyway, as you said. Given how you've invested, you'll have to properly challenge for trophies now or it will be all for nothing.

myoldarsenal

Their fans celebrate transfers like they're trophies these days, 5 years no trophy 8 years no league title most noise they've made in Europe is losing to Villareal and getting lapped by City but they still think spending money is gonna make them what they once were.
This, you go to Redcafe and you'd be mistaken in thinking you're on a forum who's team is on a run of titles.

In truth they've spent nearly £800 million in the last 6 odd years and won absolutely **** all.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Pau and Kounde had a better season than Varane tbf. Arguably for 2 seasons in a row. Btw, if you add Varane's wages, it's a much costly move. That's a 5 year deal on 300k pw. I think you know well enough how these wages can have the opposite. You lot and us have learned this the hard way(Auba, De Gea, Alexis, Özil, etc.)

Anyway, as you said. Given how you've invested, you'll have to properly challenge for trophies now or it will be all for nothing.

It’s not about just signing some random centre back just because they are young, it’s about signing who we need. The three Pau, Kounde and Varane are different type of centre back and the one who is the most ideal for us and the one compliment Maguire the most is Varane.

Gn1212

It’s not about just signing some random centre back just because they are young, it’s about signing who we need. The three Pau, Kounde and Varane are different type of centre back and the one who is the most ideal for us and the one compliment Maguire the most is Varane.
They're not random though. How does Varane compliment Maguire but Pau and Kounde don't?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
They're not random though. How does Varane compliment Maguire but Pau and Kounde don't?

Varane has pace to compliment and at the same time the physicality & height to compete in PL. Pau Torres would only be another Lindelof because you can see they play almost the similar way with similar physicality while Kounde’s height is an issue and concern for PL. We had a problem with Lindelof‘s lack of physicality and aerially and this is why Varane is more ideal for us and that’s why he was our first choice above Kounde and Pau.

Gn1212

Varane has pace to compliment and at the same time the physicality & height to compete in PL. Pau Torres would only be another Lindelof because you can see they play almost the similar way with similar physicality while Kounde’s height is an issue and concern for PL. We had a problem with Lindelof‘s lack of physicality and aerially and this is why Varane is more ideal for us and that’s why he was our first choice above Kounde and Pau.
Fair on Pau.
Despite Kounde's height though, he's brilliant in the air. His overall physicality wouldn't have been an issue either.

Anyway, what's done is done. Varane to Utd it is. Congrats on another acquisition.
I assume CM will wrap your window up. Reckon you'll stick with Dalot as backup RB. Regardless, challenging for 1-2 trophies should be the minimum next season for you.

Top Bottom