• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It's only the league cup but four years without a trophy and another opportunity down. They might get called out for it one of these days.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Torres had a serious injury, RVP was shifted by Van Gaal not Ferguson. Different cases.
And both didn't play as left backs.
Fair on Torres, but RVP wasn't half the player at 32 that we was in his late 20s.

Aguero was a 20+ goal scorer for the champions at 29 and 30. Last season, at 32, his per 90s all dipped and he was shipped out.

Van Nistelrooy is another great example – pure poacher, not speed dependent – playing in Turkey by 32.

Father time shows up extremely quickly for strikers.

IstraBalagina

Fair on Torres, but RVP wasn't half the player at 32 that we was in his late 20s.

Aguero was a 20+ goal scorer for the champions at 29 and 30. Last season, at 32, his per 90s all dipped and he was shipped out.

Van Nistelrooy is another great example – pure poacher, not speed dependent – playing in Turkey by 32.

Father time shows up extremely quickly for strikers.
He's not getting better yes, but the whole attack suffered under Arteta not only Auba.

Haphazard

Sancho is so lucky he is hiding behind utd doing well in the league + Ronaldo hype. Pepe started better than him when he came here and was thrashed (rightly though)

0 goals 0 assists if I am not wrong
Yeah true, though I do think he is a talented player and will come good but it will take time.

Thanks to reactionary fans we don't give players time or look at things in a nuanced way. Quite simply we don't play to Pepe's strengths , he is brilliant at attacking space but many a times we leave him on the touchline without an overlapping rb and having to face 3 players because we are so slow in transition then wonder why he doesn't do more.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My guy is desperate
It was brilliant, Henderson first with couple minutes left was building the play at the middle of the pitch, trying a cross to the side which went straight over and they lost possession.

Then Bruno tries that, hears the whistle, still he shoots, turns back and talks a bit, only then goes to grab the ball. Moss only gives minor extra extra time and they lose.

West Ham had amazing chances at the end, but blew them all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How long until Jadon Sancho back to BVB rumours start picking up?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ole really should be going for these cups more, he will regret it.

He is never gonna win the Premier League or Champions League, so if he doesn't win the FA Cup this season, that's 3 full seasons without a trophy...with the money they are spending and team they have, that's just not good enough.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ole really should be going for these cups more, he will regret it.

He is never gonna win the Premier League or Champions League, so if he doesn't win the FA Cup this season, that's 3 full seasons without a trophy...with the money they are spending and team they have, that's just not good enough.
Top 4 > domestic cups I’m afraid, so he will be fine as long as he avoids an Arteta type run.

If he only loses here and there in the league, whilst City and Chelsea barely lose a game at all then it won’t be held against him.

Riou

Top 4 > domestic cups I’m afraid, so he will be fine as long as he avoids an Arteta type run.

If he only loses here and there in the league, whilst City and Chelsea barely lose a game at all then it won’t be held against him.

Nah, need to be putting some silverware on the table, it's the best part of football.

Won't blame him for not winning the big 2 trophies, they aren't good enough.

2018/2019...FA cup defeat to Wolves.
2019/2020...Europa defeat to Sevilla/FA Cup defeat to Lampard's Chelsea.
2020/2021...Europa defeat to Villarreal/FA Cup defeat to Leicester.
2021/2022...League Cup defeat to West Ham.

...but you gotta be bringing some of those trophies home.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nah, need to be putting some silverware on the table, it's the best part of football.

Won't blame him for not winning the big 2 trophies, they aren't good enough.

2018/2019...FA cup defeat to Wolves.
2019/2020...Europa defeat to Sevilla/FA Cup defeat to Lampard's Chelsea.
2020/2021...Europa defeat to Villarreal/FA Cup defeat to Leicester.
2021/2022...League Cup defeat to West Ham.

...but you gotta be bringing some of those trophies home.
For Ole none of those cups mean anything without a consistent league run, he’d get fired before he could get to the finals.

League cup didn’t save Mourinho and he could have delivered Sp**s first trophy in ages, so I don’t see why that changes for a club with loftier expectations.

Top 4 and above is paramount, losing FA cup to a prem side I could picture being forgiven, 5 games without a win will not.

Maybe one of the beards on here can correct me though.

Riou

For Ole none of those cups mean anything without a consistent league run, he’d get fired before he could get to the finals.

League cup didn’t save Mourinho and he could have delivered Sp**s first trophy in ages, so I don’t see why that changes for a club with loftier expectations.

Top 4 and above is paramount, losing FA cup to a prem side I could picture being forgiven, 5 games without a win will not.

Maybe one of the beards on here can correct me though.

I agree with some of this.

If we wins the domestic cup Double, but finishes 10th...then those trophies will rightly not save him.

Just feel for a team like United, you need to be picking up trophies (even the minor ones) along the way...as soon as our debt eased, Arsène immediately won back to back FA Cups (back to back English Super Cups too, but the uncultured on AM will never be ready for that conversation) you need to keep clubs like this winning, especially with what he's spending...he needs Top Four and some silverware imo.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Seems weird to me that they stick with Ole when elite coaches like Conte are available. Is it something to do with identity, i wonder? An inherited image of that we want our own and no journeymen? Dusted if so imo, they are in desperate titlle for a league win and they have the squad to do it.

Manager: Conte

De Gea
Maguire Varane Lindelöf
Dalot Pogba Matic Beek Shaw
Fernandes Rashford
Ronaldo

Cant wait for the day clubs throw their identity, or rather their perceived version of identity, out of their window. Romance is dead anyway, time to embrace it,

Top Bottom