• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People make their own decisions brother, stop putting it on those guys it's embarrassing. There's a lot of people who can think for themselves who believe Wenger should have gone in 2015. For obvious reasons.

If you had it your way he would still be at the club now and we wouldn't be progressing. But you were happy chilling around 70 points and getting knocked out the group stages of the CL.
Ooh so now I see why you hype up everything the clubs does. You were one of those guys that hated Arsène so now he’s gone have to praise everything so you don’t look bad, DT and some other posters here do the same thing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ooh so now I see why you hype up everything the clubs does. You were one of those guys that hated Arsène so now he’s gone have to praise everything so you don’t look bad, DT and some other posters here do the same thing.

Didn't hate Arsène at all. Our greatest ever manager. Some just don't seem to be able to see faults in him because he was a legend.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Thinking along the same lines. Ole definitely isn't on par with the great tacticians or the few super coaches, but imo he's way less worse than some assume and most importantly seems to have found a leadership style of man management, culture and pragmatism that seems to suit this United. Will that take them to a league or CL title? I don't think so, but imo it's definitely stabilizing them while their squad also gets better over time and my guess is they'll be a nailed on Top 4 team in the next few years.

Saying that I can't really see how Arsenal can make it back into the CL via the league - all of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea currently have better squads and managers. West Ham are doing fine with Moyes, damn, give Aston Villa one or two more signings and a progressive manager and they could be going places.

Great post.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Utd hired a top manager they could challenge for the league. Look at Jurgen Klopp, he came and spent less than Ole while competing for, and then eventually winning the league.

The owners are just happy with top 4.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Funny to read about stability on an Arsenal forum. Considering the Arsenal fan base, the media etc, murdered our greatest ever manager for exactly that - this all after a stadium change.

But now let’s give the highest spending managers in Europe credit for his players getting on par results.

Even Arteta has won more than Ole.

Blaziken

Wenger got slaughtered for getting top and quarter final in CL, whilst other coaches for other teams are praised for doing the same, even though they've spent way more clearly shows the media have their favourites. The only thing i disagree with most people here is the comparison between Solskjær and Arteta. Ole has improved his team whilst getting the best out of his players, Arteta can't even get Aubameyang to play at his level. Ole probably won't achieve United fans expectations ( League or Champions League), but he is far superior to Arteta.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Funny to read about stability on an Arsenal forum. Considering the Arsenal fan base, the media etc, murdered our greatest ever manager for exactly that - this all after a stadium change.

But now let’s give the highest spending managers in Europe credit for his players getting on par results.

Even Arteta has won more than Ole.

I think it's time to get over the Wenger trauma. He's one of the best managers ever in the game, worked miracles for years and was getting unfair blame by a toxic fanbase that didn't understand the changed environment of modern football. That's not to say I completely exonerate him, imo the man made mistakes and had weaknesses. But the constant comparing of every manager to him doesn't make sense and speaks volumes about the trauma inflicted on the fanbase by how it ended with Wenger and how all Arsenal coaches after him failed. It's the same with the Klopp comparisons, they don't make much sense either.

And yeah, these times it's just common practice to buy success. I know it's been fantastic by Wenger to get these results with spending little; it's an undisputable fact but I don't think it should be dragged into the limelight every time to compare x, y or z to, especially when now it's even more common to just spend money compared to just even back in 2015.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wenger got slaughtered for getting top and quarter final in CL, whilst other coaches for other teams are praised for doing the same, even though they've spent way more clearly shows the media have their favourites. The only thing i disagree with most people here is the comparison between Solskjær and Arteta. Ole has improved his team whilst getting the best out of his players, Arteta can't even get Aubameyang to play at his level. Ole probably won't achieve United fans expectations ( League or Champions League), but he is far superior to Arteta.

Ole hasn't improved his team, the signings Ole has made have improved his team. Everything changed for United when Bruno came in. Tactically Arteta is streets ahead of Ole.

Ole of course came in around December for United. They finished 6th in that season on 66 points. Scoring 65 and conceding 54.

First summer window - Maguire, AWB, Dan James.
In January Bruno also came in. United finished in 3rd but still on 66 points. Positional improvement yes but to start challenging and pushing forward you want point improvement. They scored 66 goals and conceded 36. So it was fairly clear AWB/Maguire made a big difference in defence. But that's expected for £130M.

Second summer window was a bit of a shambles from United. VDB/Diallo/Telles/Cavani the main signings. So pretty much only Cavani as a starter signing. But they did get a full season of Bruno. Full season of Bruno led to a 2nd place finish with 74 points. 73 goals scored and 29 conceded.

What you're seeing here is progression due to signings. Now they've signed Sancho and should be signing Varane. Which will lead to further improvement in point total, you should be looking at 80 points.

But the issue is any quality manager gets that squad (with Varane) title challenging comfortably. Its a fantastic squad.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But you were happy chilling around 70 points and getting knocked out the group stages of the CL.
You’re mocking Arsène’s average of 75points and continual CL qualification whilst dreaming up wild excuses for a guy who barely makes 60 points and can’t even qualify for the Europa Conference. Think you and your brother model yourselves on dumb and dumber.

Great film though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You’re mocking Arsène’s average of 75points and continual CL qualification whilst dreaming up wild excuses for a guy who barely makes 60 points and can’t even qualify for the Europa Conference. Think you and your brother model yourselves on dumb and dumber.

Great film though.

You're happy with mediocrity I'm unhappy where we are now and want Arteta to do well so we can push forward and eventually be challenging for the title.

Monumental difference.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
100% agree but stability for it's own sake is worthless.
Exactly. He's improved them from where they were, they're currently on an upward trend league standing wise, so it wouldn't make sense to sack him. Now, if he goes 3-4 years as a top four team without winning the title then he'll become open to a sack.

Personally don't see how Utd are going to win anything with Klopp, Guardiola and Tuchel around. A title for Utd has the same chance as a top four does for Arsenal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're happy with mediocrity I'm unhappy where we are now and want Arteta to do well so we can push forward and eventually be challenging for the title.

Monumental difference.
I’m not sure I’m talking to the sharpest tool in the box. There’s 20 teams fighting for 4 top places at the table of elite European football, where we used to get a place every year until you, and idiots like you, decided it was somehow ‘mediocre’.

Now we are mid table, which is the very definition of ‘mediocre’. And you think that this new manager, whose shown zero improvement over Unai’s 8th place when he was sacked is somehow going to win the league. 😂😂😂😂😂 Tears!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’m not sure I’m talking to the sharpest tool in the box. There’s 20 teams fighting for 4 top places at the table of elite European football, where we used to get a place every year until you, and idiots like you, decided it was somehow ‘mediocre’.

Now we are mid table, which is the very definition of ‘mediocre’. And you think that this new manager, whose shown zero improvement over Unai’s 8th place when he was sacked is somehow going to win the league. 😂😂😂😂😂 Tears!

The difference was the amount of years spent doing that standing still my friend. Why don't you understand that? Arteta has finished 8th in one and a half seasons and will be sacked if something similar happens again. Arsène was allowed to continously finish 4th and get battered week after week in big games and not progressing in the CL.

One and a half years over 10 years of utter bullshit. Don't call me an idiot again, swear to god.

Top Bottom