• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob has really lost his way. It's like watching a friend or relative get get swayed by some religious cult and they can't snap out of. There are really very few left now that are blindly still repeating DTs stuff about top4 meciocrity now we've seen what really mediocrity is and still blaming Wenger years after he's gone. :lol:
Being objective is all. You can say we were poor then and poor now. Both are true. I wonder how you would for example look at Jose Mourinho? A once very successful manager, regarded as one of the best, who has had a nose dive in his career. The route taken by both different but there are huge overlaps in their destination.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Much as I could have liked to see him getting the sack, to get some peace in the Norwegian media, I think this is a sensible move from United.

He's evidently good at creating a good work environment for the players. If they keep adding good players into a positive dressing room, that will get you far. Stability and good vibes might count for more than tactical wizardry. After all, the manager can't kick a single ball.

With the recruitment they've done so far, you would think they'd be up there next season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Being objective is all. You can say we were poor then and poor now. Both are true. I wonder how you would for example look at Jose Mourinho? A once very successful manager, regarded as one of the best, who has had a nose dive in his career. The route taken by both different but there are huge overlaps in their destination.
No overlap at all. Mourinho was always a cheque book manager and I predicted a disaster at Sp**s who are spending 6th. And his propensity to throw players under a bus when results don’t go his way was always going to catch him out because players today won’t take that sort of blame in public from their own manager.

He could never have taken a club like Arsenal through all those years of having to generate income from sales only, and still manage top 4 every year. No other manager could. When Arsène had money he was elite, when he had nothing between 2004 to 2013 he was a genius, when he had some money between 2013 to 2015/16 he was very good. The last 2 years amidst a crazy toxic atmosphere he was still levels above Arteta, even with the club in panic.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No overlap at all. Mourinho was always a cheque book manager and I predicted a disaster at Sp**s who are spending 6th. And his propensity to throw players under a bus when results don’t go his way was always going to catch him out because players today won’t take that sort of blame in public from their own manager.

He could never have taken a club like Arsenal through all those years of having to generate income from sales only, and still manage top 4 every year. No other manager could. When Arsène had money he was elite, when he had nothing between 2004 to 2013 he was a genius, when he had some money between 2013 to 2015/16 he was very good. The last 2 years amidst a crazy toxic atmosphere he was still levels above Arteta, even with the club in panic.
Failure to be objective or use critical thinking. And somehow you managed to bring Arteta into it. Just as I suspected.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Their fans celebrate transfers like they're trophies these days, 5 years no trophy 8 years no league title most noise they've made in Europe is losing to Villareal and getting lapped by City but they still think spending money is gonna make them what they once were.

This is the confidence of our fans during the season vs transfer window.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Varane move for Utd is nice but why haven't they gone for a younger profile with so many options out there?
Maguire is 28
Varane is 28
Lindelof is 27
Bailly is 27

I assume all of them are considerable wages as well.
They'll be back on the market for a CB in a year or two . 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Because the manager clearly wants to rise the standard by challenging the league and it’s important to have two top experienced centre back to challenge city. Beside, we have good amount of young players in the squad, thus we need to mix the squad with some experienced ones. Tuanzebe is also still 23 years old and 28 years old is still good age for centre back. Rio Ferdinand won the double PL and UCL when he was 30 and he continued to play for us until he was 35.

Gn1212

Because the manager clearly wants to rise the standard by challenging the league and it’s important to have two top experienced centre back to challenge city. Beside, we have good amount of young players in the squad, thus we need to mix the squad with some experienced ones. Tuanzebe is also still 23 years old and 28 years old is still good age for centre back. Rio Ferdinand won the double PL and UCL when he was 30 and he continued to play for us until he was 35.
Sure but there are some really good CBs out there. Probably the best time to buy a young CB.
Regardless, you'll be seeking a CB or two again in the next two years.
you definitely need to win some trophies finally to make this worth it.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Sure but there are some really good CBs out there. Probably the best time to buy a young CB.
Regardless, you'll be seeking a CB or two again in the next two years.
you definitely need to win some trophies finally to make this worth it.
List them.

28 years old centre back means the player can still play for another 5-6 years. That’s good amount of years. Varane is not like David Luiz, he doesn’t just rely on pace alone but also has very good positioning skill and ability to read the game well.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

List them. 28 years old centre back means the player can still play for another 5-6 years. Varane is not like David Luiz, he is not just relying on pace but also has very good positioning skill and ability to read the game well.

I think the age thing is a fair point from @Gn1212 tbh, we had this issue when we had Rio, Vidic and Evra in the same age bracket. Fortunately, we have quite a young backline in general with Shaw and Wan-Bissaka so it won't be a complete makeover needed for the defense, it may be signing one CB in 3 or 4 years time and I don't think Maguire's game is about his speed anyway, so he will be able to last a while.

It's just signing Varane is a player you don't pass up on in his prime, especially for under 40M. If anything this is more of an issue for Lindelof and Bailly who in the near seasons should be replaced for a younger CB.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ole has to at least win a trophy next season, especially after these big signings, just to stop the constant mocking of him.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I think the age thing is a fair point from @Gn1212 tbh, fortunately, we have quite a young backline in general with Shaw and Wan-Bissaka so it won't be a complete makeover needed for the defense, it may be signing one CB in 3 or 4 years time and I don't think Maguire's game is about his speed anyway, so he will be able to last a while.

It's just signing Varane is a player you don't pass up on in his prime, especially for under 40M. If anything this is more of an issue for Lindelof and Bailly who in the near seasons should be replaced for a younger CB.

We had signed someone who is much younger last year who is still 16 now, Willy Kambwala. We had prepared this before @Gn1212 :drool:

Don’t underestimate Murtough, our DoF.

Last edited:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Their fans celebrate transfers like they're trophies these days, 5 years no trophy 8 years no league title most noise they've made in Europe is losing to Villareal and getting lapped by City but they still think spending money is gonna make them what they once were.

After you signed Ben White, I thought you would understand how it feels when your club sign players that you wanted so much. Come on bigpoppa, we have to enjoy this together.

Gn1212

List them.

28 years old centre back means the player can still play for another 5-6 years. That’s good amount of years. Varane is not like David Luiz, he doesn’t just rely on pace alone but also has very good positioning skill and ability to read the game well.
Off the top of my head: Botman, Kounde, Pau, Romero, White, Andersen, Tapsoba, Lacroix.

I was sure you would go for Kounde or Pau.

I'm a big fan of Varane btw. I wanted us to sign him too but that's because we already had Gabriel and Saliba.

I think ultimately Madrid will come out better out of this if they replace Varane with Kounde.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is the confidence of our fans during the season vs transfer window.

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually have to give Utd credit where it’s due tbh they’re building a really good squad, I can’t even hate on it.

Varane and Sancho is excellent business. If they manage to sort out their midfield then they’ll be up there. Although, I still think Liverpool have a better squad.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
E7OVfBQWUAQRgDJ

This was made unironically as well

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think it's fair to say, United should be in a title race this season, anything less is a failure. Not only that but you're expecting a very good CL run with the money they have spent since Ole arrived.

Their backline costs over 200M ffs. :lol:

Top Bottom