• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Watched MNF the other week. Neville talking absolute bollocks about Ronaldo being better than Messi.

Scores less goals and not even on the same planet with assists.

All that and he still didn't have them down as title contenders! If they where to win the league he'd act like his mate in charge had overachieved.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why does Ronaldo get credit for Euro 2016 and Messi is vilified for WC 2014?

Both carried their team to the final I admit but Ronaldo wasn’t even on the pitch for the entire game ffs.

:lol:

Lad had as much influence on the team as Drake did during the Raptors winning the championship. People just have some weird fascination with Messi and his international record, not sure why tho.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Watched MNF the other week. Neville talking absolute bollocks about Ronaldo being better than Messi.

Scores less goals and not even on the same planet with assists.

Clutching at straws doesn't even begin to describe it, he was struggling to convince himself, let alone anyone else.
He started with 'Ronaldo is the best player in history to bring off the bench' :lol:, then upon being told that Messi has more goals coming off the bench he changed it to Ronaldo's better because he scores more headers and weak foot goals, despite the fact Messi scores more or just as many overall.
So the next time Messi dribbles round the defence and goalkeeper he needs to remember to either flick the ball in the air or get down on his hands and knees so he can head it in.

Their overall number of goals are very similar but even then Messi has the same number in more than 100 less games, you add on top of that being probably the best playmaker, dribbler and passer the game has ever seen and I don't see a debate.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Clutching at straws doesn't even begin to describe it, he was struggling to convince himself, let alone anyone else.
He started with 'Ronaldo is the best player in history to bring off the bench' :lol:, then upon being told that Messi has more goals coming off the bench he changed it to Ronaldo's better because he scores more headers and weak foot goals, despite the fact Messi scores more or just as many overall.
So the next time Messi dribbles round the defence and goalkeeper he needs to remember to either flick the ball in the air or get down on his hands and knees so he can head it in.

Their overall number of goals are very similar but even then Messi has the same number in more than 100 less games, you add on top of that being probably the best playmaker, dribbler and passer the game has ever seen and I don't see a debate.

That bit where he was trying to tiptoe around the 125 plus Ronaldo penalties had me dying :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think deep down Neville knows this but will never admit it.

Both G.Neville and Ferdinand are clearly just defending their friends. Saw the video below the other day with Ferdinand speaking highly of Wayne Rooney as a manager and acting as if he’s done a fantastic job at Derby.

Am I missing something or hasn’t Rooney been dreadful at Derby? 🤣 Another case of defending a friend.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Both G.Neville and Ferdinand are clearly just defending their friends. Saw the video below the other day with Ferdinand speaking highly of Wayne Rooney as a manager and acting as if he’s done a fantastic job at Derby.

Am I missing something or hasn’t Rooney been dreadful at Derby? 🤣 Another case of defending a friend.

Yeah, Keane talks about being loyal to his teammates a lot as well. To be fair if your a United fan I'm sure it's cool to hear and says a lot about that dressing room and why they won so much. They shouldn't take people as fools though. Van Gaal would have got crucified for that Villarreal final for example.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ronaldo is the GOAT for me. Messi never left his comfort zone and now he goes to PSG, Ronaldo had a tougher career and always looked for a challenge unlike Messi.

I'm not saying this for argument just my opinion

I wouldn't say playing for 3 of the biggest club sides in the world as being a challenge for someone of Ronaldo's quality either though. It's not like he went to mid table sides when he moved leagues. I'm pretty sure Messi or Ronaldo would have success at United or Juve.

IstraBalagina

I wouldn't say playing for 3 of the biggest club sides in the world as being a challenge for someone of Ronaldo's quality either though. It's not like he went to mid table sides when he moved leagues.
Real Madrid were not at their best, he lifted them to a new level. United on the other hand were at their prime when he left.
He went to Juve to win the UCL, couldn't achieve it but at least he tried.
And now he returns to the Premier League at the age of 36!

Messi said that he'll retire at Barcelona and then he suddenly leaves when they're struggling. He goes to a team full of stars who reached the final recently.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Real Madrid were not at their best, he lifted them to a new level. United on the other hand were at their prime when he left.
He went to Juve to win the UCL, couldn't achieve it but at least he tried.
And now he returns to the Premier League at the age of 36!

Messi said that he'll retire at Barcelona and then he suddenly leaves when they're struggling. He goes to a team full of stars who reached the final recently.

It's still Real Madrid though, I'm no fan of them but they're the biggest club in the world. I'm not taking anything away from his achievements, they speak for themselves. My point is you could have put either him or Messi into those sides and they'd both score goals and win titles.

Should Messi have finished his career at Barca? Sure, I think so too but there's not that much difference going to PSG or Juve as far as I can tell. I mean Juve had won the league 7 years in a row when Ronaldo signed for them.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Rooney actually is doing a solid job at Derby.

This isn't Frank Lampard's Derby County, a lot has changed since then. The club was fined £100,000 and accepted a six-point deduction for failing to pay players on time, they're in a terrible financial situation. They've now reached an agreement over a 12-point deduction due the continuation of this. He saved them from relegation in his first season and is having a good start to the season all things considered.

Because of the above issues, they're struggling to sell the club as well. The players Rooney has brought in are free agents like Ravel Morrison. He's had to tell youth players that there's no path to the first team at the moment.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Had to check Messi vs Ronaldo points per minute in LaLiga, and Messi has a point per 61.25 minutes and Ronaldo 61.70 minutes.

I think Messi is a bit better overall (not just points), but this is an endless debate.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I can respect the ratface Neville to some, very restricted, extent but Ferdinand is a wildly biased pundit and a very unlikeable human being. I wanted to knock his teeth out after he went completely unpunished after he karate kicked Sagna in the chest and ripped his shirt. Really hate the guy.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Messi n Ronaldo played in the same league, against same opponents at the same time over a long period. In that Messi always has been levels above Ronaldo (who himself is in a very high level). And that is where comparisons should end.
Different league comparison is stupid. When Ronaldo was in sporting, utd came for him and he went. If Madrid came at the same time do you think he would have rejected Madrid and came to utd just to prove in epl? His time at Juventus will be a failure. One team league and the moment inter setup a decent team they even lost the league and almost missed out on cl qualification. Can't give him credit for moving leagues just for the sake of it.

Messi didn't leave barca coz they are struggling. Apparently he even agreed over a pay cut but even that wasn't going to help barca financial situation. So what is he supposed to do then? Play for free? So he joined psg. Only city could have afford him other than psg but they were after Kane.

IstraBalagina

Messi n Ronaldo played in the same league, against same opponents at the same time over a long period. In that Messi always has been levels above Ronaldo (who himself is in a very high level). And that is where comparisons should end.
Different league comparison is stupid. When Ronaldo was in sporting, utd came for him and he went. If Madrid came at the same time do you think he would have rejected Madrid and came to utd just to prove in epl? His time at Juventus will be a failure. One team league and the moment inter setup a decent team they even lost the league and almost missed out on cl qualification. Can't give him credit for moving leagues just for the sake of it.

Messi didn't leave barca coz they are struggling. Apparently he even agreed over a pay cut but even that wasn't going to help barca financial situation. So what is he supposed to do then? Play for free? So he joined psg. Only city could have afford him other than psg but they were after Kane.
How Messi was a level above? 😅
They were more or less on the same level and considering the fact that Messi was in his greenhouse and played in one of the best Barcelona teams in the history was a huge advantage.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
How Messi was a level above? 😅
They were more or less on the same level and considering the fact that Messi was in his greenhouse and played in one of the best Barcelona teams in the history was a huge advantage.
You can check the stats. Or even without stats, with just eye test. Messi so much more involved than Ronaldo in general play as well (Madrid Ronaldo mostly). And comparing teams, people talk as if Madrid was some one man team. They also had so many good players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Had to check Messi vs Ronaldo points per minute in LaLiga, and Messi has a point per 61.25 minutes and Ronaldo 61.70 minutes.

I think Messi is a bit better overall (not just points), but this is an endless debate.

Yeah but what do points have to do with it?

Neither one was out there buying players for their clubs were they? Messi scores, dribbles and assists at a better rate than Ronaldo. That’s a fact.

Genuinely don’t think you can put Ronaldo above him unless you use nonsense arguments about Messi and his comfort zone.

Michael Jordan stayed and dominated with one franchise and people criticise Bron for doing what Ronaldo has done. People pick and choose when it applies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Michael Jordan stayed and dominated with one franchise and people criticise Bron for doing what Ronaldo has done. People pick and choose when it applies.

Imagine the stick LeBron would get if you had a Bale overhead against Liverpool equivalent in the NBA Finals.

Actually they already hold it against him with the Allen and Kyrie threes.

Top Bottom