Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Wally at the Wheel

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by THunter, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Weirdly, I'm okay with the recruiting this season and the signings at youth level.

It's just years and years of deadwood i.e. Young and signing old players that become deadwood i.e. Matic. A lot of poor coaching and years of bad strategy.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes but going full youth will affect your league position in future and the utd fanbase will have to be patient for like 2-3 seasons to get things together i think utd need intelligent signings like James not high profile very expensive once

3. Juan Matas Beard

It's Southgate syndrome. Shouldn't be anywhere near the level they are at but fans are buying into mediocrity because the manager uses youth to cover their flaws and have some kind of sentimental attachment.

Rex Banner likes this.
  4. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Wally always looks like this dog :

5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

How did we manage to not beat these guys?

krackpot likes this.
  6. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Yeah transfer strategy wasn’t too bad this year tbf, although I said at the time that selling Lukaku with no immediate replacement was very poor.

There’s just no energy to the play at all, when I see Pogba he’s playing so deep even though he carved up Chelsea when he was higher up the pitch.

I don’t think top 4 was unattainable this year for you if you had a competent manager.

7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Like this:

Manchester United 2 Arsenal 0 - FA Cup quarter-final, March 2011

LikUnited starting XI: Van der Sar; Brown, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Rafael, O'Shea, Gibson, Fabio; Rooney, Hernandez.

Manchester United 3 Arsenal 2 - Premier League, February 2016
    United starting XI: De Gea; Varela, Carrick, Blind, Rojo; Schneiderlin, Herrera; Lingard, Mata, Depay; Rashford.

It's what we've done for years, except we didn't actually lose this time.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

That 2011 team is quality. That 2016 team is much much better than what they currently have too

9. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

You can draw at OT, but we gave them way too much respect. **** me AZ were all over them and AZ are terrible.

That's what hurts me the most. Playing 3 defensive midfielders instead of trying to grab them by the balls.

10. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Moyes all over again.

11. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Trying to get the mods to upgrade me to Liverpool in my sig (or at least City), but no such luck yet...

krackpot and grange like this.
  12. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Someone set up a “Could we get relegated?” thread on RedCafe :rofl:

Posters arguing about whether they can get 50 points together to finish top half.

GeorgiaGunner, krackpot and OnlyOne like this.
  13. GeorgiaGunner and Iceman10 like this.
  14. Juan Matas Beard

15. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Watching them right now makes me so glad that money grubbing Baldie Gazidis decided to f*ck off.

16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

ArsenalLunatic and ThlRama like this.
  17. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

ArsenalLunatic and GeorgiaGunner like this.
  18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Uniteds run of fixtures. Ouch.

19. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Harry Maguire and Daniel James were signings not to be criticised. Won't be surprised to see United fans looking for another RB beyond AWB before the end of the season though.

20. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Active Member

How bad is their midfield? Honestly, even Xhaka would walk into their team. Mata has been useless since 2013, Matic retired at 28, Fred is like Jorginho for his first 6 months at chelsea and McTominay and Perreira wouldn't look out of place in Watfords midfield. Pogba is their only good midfielder and he's so inconsistent for them.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.