• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

The legend himself actual exposed all this a few days ago.

Ole is a **** manager no doubt but all that's being said here is:

Solskjaer stands by his player and plays him whilst he wasn't convicted, then when he finds out hes going to be convicted, he releases him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Ole gets sacked, and given jail time for this...at least he can sit in his cell, with his reputation destroyed, knowing he never parked in Sir Alex's spot...that takes real respect...

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Ole is a **** manager no doubt but all that's being said here is:

Solskjaer stands by his player and plays him whilst he wasn't convicted, then when he finds out hes going to be convicted, he releases him.
I am not sure that a manager should protect his players in these situations until they are proven guilty (unless the manager is 100% sure the player isn't guilty ofc).

Hope this helps

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I am not sure that a manager should protect his players in these situations until they are proven guilty (unless the manager is 100% sure the player isn't guilty ofc).

Hope this helps

It's probably best to sideline them. Have them train as usual or individually, but don't play them. Go public and say until things are clear and sorted the player will continue to work for and train at the club and will not completely be ostracized, but the club decided to "give him time" to focus on the off field issues. You don't exactly back them, but you don't throw them under the bus until anything is clear and you shift them out of the public limelight - which can only be positive for player and club.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Hope this helps

I understand your point of view but I agree with @Toby Andrl.

Just find it annoying that some people here post this sort of stuff to bash Ole rather than actually mentioning anything about the actual accused rapist.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I understand your point of view but I agree with @Toby Andrl.

Just find it annoying that some people here post this sort of stuff to bash Ole rather than actually mentioning anything about the actual accused rapist.

I also don't see how this is so much about Solskjaer. Yes, he continued to play the guy and getting him out of the limelight while keeping him under the wings of the club until the thing is decided would probably have been the more clever route, but he wasn't the one to orchestrate the player's moves to avoid justice.

This certain narrative is spun too much out of the hindsight that the player in the end really did commit these crimes. Imagine the other way round: There would have certainly be some sort of outcry if Ole and his old club would have ostracized or even released the player before any proper trial and judgement, that they throw players under the bus, etc. - especially if the guy would've ended up innocent. With these things there's just some fair, reasonable thinking needed. And that doesn't mean being apologetic about the crimes and the perpetrator, but just to stay reasonable until things are resolved in a way.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

I also don't see how this is so much about Solskjaer. Yes, he continued to play the guy and getting him out of the limelight while keeping him under the wings of the club until the thing is decided would probably have been the more clever route, but he wasn't the one to orchestrate the player's moves to avoid justice.

This certain narrative is spun too much out of the hindsight that the player in the end really did commit these crimes. Imagine the other way round: There would have certainly be some sort of outcry if Ole and his old club would have ostracized or even released the player before any proper trial and judgement, that they throw players under the bus, etc. - especially if the guy would've ended up innocent. With these things there's just some fair, reasonable thinking needed. And that doesn't mean being apologetic about the crimes and the perpetrator, but just to stay reasonable until things are resolved in a way.

Couldn't agree more, with hindsight it definitely could have been handled better overall. Difficult situation to deal with any way you go.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Do you believe everything you read? :lol:

Yeah, I mean...

30a.jpeg

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom