• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

AWB being called the best one v one defender in world football.

It’s probably true as well. I called him the best 1v1 defender in the PL when he played for Palace.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
AWB being called the best one v one defender in world football.

It’s probably true as well. I called him the best 1v1 defender in the PL when he played for Palace.

not seen such a contrast in a FB's attacking and defensive abilities

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Bit like Sagna? Million times better than a Bellerin who has no fullback abilities at all.

If he wasn’t some hip young London Spaniard he would’ve been hounded out. Look at Eboue?
Even Sagna could put in a great cross every now and then.

Don't necessarily disagree on Bellerin but he has been attacked by the fans. AFTV never let him rest and the away fans sang "you're not fit to wear the shirt" at him at Palace 3 years ago.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

not seen such a contrast in a FB's attacking and defensive abilities
Thing is, at this level you either have it or you don't in terms of attacking quality. The only way to break that is to work extremely hard in your own time.

A lot of the best attacking fullbacks nowadays are wingers throughout youth football and only move down the pitch once they get to senior level. Guys like AWB and Bellerin made that move while still at youth level which just shows how far they have to go if they want to be an attacking threat at the highest level.

Look how long we've been waiting for Bellerin to be able to do something as 'simple' as slow down a defender, burst past him and then whip a ball into the box. I think it will be similar with AWB unless his work ethic is insane.

Reactions: A_G

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

He's been playing without a quality winger infront of him all season, think he'd look miles better if someone of Sancho's quality was infront of him.

Definitely seeing better signs from him offensively so I find it quite weird that there's criticism of this right now of all times, like his performance against Chelsea. Did well against City too. There's definitely an improvement.

I think it is possible for him to continue to improve, Gary Neville is a prime example of how a defensive fullback can contribute offensively. Neville's crossing improved significantly throughout the years and he was quite a threat in the final third. If AWB has anything close to Neville's work ethic he can be up there as one of the best fullbacks.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's been playing without a quality winger infront of him all season, think he'd look miles better if someone of Sancho's quality was infront of him.

Definitely seeing better signs from him offensively so I find it quite weird that there's criticism of this right now of all times, like his performance against Chelsea. Did well against City too. There's definitely an improvement.

I think it is possible for him to continue to improve, Gary Neville is a prime example of how a defensive fullback can contribute offensively. Neville's crossing improved significantly throughout the years and he was quite a threat in the final third. If AWB has anything close to Neville's work ethic he can be up there as one of the best fullbacks.

Still want Ole out?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

shame we'll never find out, I did get the sense though with Fernandes in there instead of Lingard they genuinely might have turned the corner

Latest posts+

Top Bottom