Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Wally at the Wheel

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Hunta, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

If that was the case why did they only reverse the decision after Rashford started bringing attention to it?

Just as he was desperate for Football to restart to distract people, this decision was made purely for PR reasons.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Pogba going to United has to be one of the worst decisions a player has ever made, wasted so many good years there.

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

It didn't make any sense at the time either. They had just finished 5th, were in the EL while Juve had played in a CL final and were winning titles left, right and centre at the time. Like I could have understood if he went to Real or Barca. It was such an odd move. I think maybe he thought he had something to prove or whatever.

4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Tbf to him, summer 2016 there was a bit of a buzz about United...Jose has just signed, Ibra was going there...he probably felt the club was getting back to what it was, worked out badly though.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Money I guess. Everyone got paid, Juventus, agents, his wage etc. His fee was considered massive when they signed him.

6. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Funny to see this, if you go back many pages ago the narrative was that he's overrated and not as good as Xhaka.

Now it has changed to Pogba making a mistake to re-sign for United in 2016. Guess it took some people a while to realise his quality. Think @Trilly was one of very few who rated him all the way.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

:lol:

Myself I doubted his price, not sure I said we have better players. Don’t go back and find any bad posts from me though, don’t need the cringe today.

GeorgiaGunner and Riou like this.
  8. Juan Matas Beard

Fair enough, I think there's a massive difference between doubting a players quality (i.e. comparing him to being worse than Xhaka - and these were serious posts at the time) and questioning the value of a money.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  9. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Top talent

Juan Matas Beard likes this.
  10. Juan Matas Beard

Shame, that video missed some of his best goals too. Natural finisher though.

krengon likes this.
  11. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...Pepe had a few like this not given...VAR just confirms The FA/refs have an agenda.

12. Juan Matas Beard

They are all fouls.

13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Agreed...just frustration on my part that Arsenal never get the ones were a player quickly turns, gets touched and goes down...it's very annoying, especially with VAR.

14. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

He also wasn't (and still probably wouldn't be) getting into Barca / Real at the time.

Also re: money, he's all about branding / celebrity, and there are definite advantages to playing in the PL.

GDeep™ likes this.
  15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

United as a club have done some great things during the COVID outbreak tbf to them...

DanDare, SA Gunner and Garrincha like this.
  16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

3 years is a bit lengthy at his age but he's proved his worth recently. They're far better with him in the side.

Juan Matas Beard likes this.
  18. Juan Matas Beard

Agree with @Tir Na Nog, but worried his legs will fall to pieces at any moment for some reason.

Wish he was 25. Think we'll need an understudy for him at some point.

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. Rosso

Rosso AM's Resident United Fan

A bit long, not sure if it’s a straight 3 year contract or 2 plus the option of a year extension which the club often does. He’s earned it to be fair.

I just hope the club are planning for his replacement because nobody else can really play the holding role.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...Neville and Carragher are terrible when commentating on their own teams, Gary also gets too heated in other matches aswell.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020