• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

And make a 300k pounds per week contract for Henderson to extend? He surely thinks he is worth it if De Gea is?

Everyone gives De Gea **** but let's not re-write history, at one point he was worth the value of a 300k a week contract around 2014-2017 for the performances he gave for us.

Not sure why you think Henderson has done enough to demand the same, he hasn't done anything for our club yet as highly rated as he is right now, there's no bargaining power to demand that much. He seems like a great character as well, every club he's been with seems to rate him highly for his professionalism and attitude, he's a leader as well. By all accounts, he wants to be at the club he grew up as a teenager in.

Last edited:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
How do you put De Gea on the bench, or manage to sell him, with something like 350k pounds per week wages. Seems pretty much impossible.

They're stuck with him for 3 more years, wonder what Henderson will do. He has 2 years in contract.

Best thing to do is play DDG in the league and play Dean in CL. If DDG starts making mistakes, he will be benched for Dean. Rather than selling him this year, giving him a competition is the best way.

Navas is 34 this year, he doesn't have much year in him and PSG will target new keeper soon.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Martial is one of my favourite players to watch over the last 6 months. Play him wide or central and he’s excellent.

His link up play is amongst the best is Europe, I don’t know many better. Recently he’s going past player for fun, in tight spaces too in the box.

Greenwood too, for a young player he’s pretty reliable. Goes past players all the, always gets a shot off or finds a team mate, shoot with both feet.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Martial is one of my favourite players to watch over the last 6 months. Play him wide or central and he’s excellent.

His link up play is amongst the best is Europe, I don’t know many better. Recently he’s going past player for fun, in tight spaces too in the box.

Greenwood too, for a young player he’s pretty reliable. Goes past players all the, always gets a shot off or finds a team mate, shoot with both feet.

True, I'm still sad about Jose leaving. Had he stayed Martial might have left them.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

I agree Martial is excellent, imo he nailed the spot next season and he's only gonna get better as he's still 24/25. 17 league goals is his highest league record goals but that's only half season playing with the likes of Lingard & Pereira quality behind him.

The one out of front three who needs more competition next season is Greenwood & Rashford as their decision making still not top level yet which is why we are aiming for Sancho. I actually fancy Greenwood & Martial to play more regular & contribute more than Rashford next season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Everyone gives De Gea **** but let's not re-write history, at one point he was worth the value of a 300k a week contract around 2014-2017 for the performances he gave for us.

Not sure why you think Henderson has done enough to demand the same, he hasn't done anything for our club yet as highly rated as he is right now, there's no bargaining power to demand that much. He seems like a great character as well, every club he's been with seems to rate him highly for his professionalism and attitude, he's a leader as well. By all accounts, he wants to be at the club he grew up as a teenager in.

He was great, and might go back to that level. His problem seems to be mental relating to confidence.

But De Gea took you to the cleaners. Courtois was a free transfer and he earns something like 220k per week. 130k more is very big difference.

Such a deal for a goalkeeper is tough as no one else will pay such sums of money and his bad spell has been going on pretty long. De Gea's wage is totally in its own class in goalkeepers category.

What I meant with Henderson is that he seems to have a lot of confidence in him. So when he sees De Gea with that kind of wages, he certainly tries to take you to the cleaners as well. I don't mean he will get 300k per week deal, but that he will get a lot bigger deal than otherwise, if he extends.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

He was great, and might go back to that level. His problem seems to be mental relating to confidence.

But De Gea took you to the cleaners. Courtois was a free transfer and he earns something like 220k per week. 130k more is very big difference.

Such a deal for a goalkeeper is tough as no one else will pay such sums of money and his bad spell has been going on pretty long. De Gea's wage is totally in its own class in goalkeepers category.

What I meant with Henderson is that he seems to have a lot of confidence in him. So when he sees De Gea with that kind of wages, he certainly tries to take you to the cleaners as well. I don't mean he will get 300k per week deal, but that he will get a lot bigger deal than otherwise, if he extends.

That's fair, agree on a lot of this. But the last part isn't happening, he's on the verge of agreeing a 100k pw contract.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's fair, agree on a lot of this. But the last part isn't happening, he's on the verge of agreeing a 100k pw contract.

That's still pretty much for a goalkeeper who has had one season at top level. And looks like going to compete with De Gea, so one of them is going to be a big wage 2nd goalkeeper.

At 23 years old, next deal is gonna be very big if he succeeds (he has talent for sure to do it I think.) But anyway I think it's important if you're able to extend him.

We are in a similar situation with Martinez (although much shorter time at top level and older). Luckily we have Leno with not so big wages, who has performed very well mostly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can be just non-sense article to attract people to read it. However, it does has some sense into it to prove a point that Rashford & Greenwood are still young age means likely inconsistent and they need solid competition to push them into new level which is why Ole wants new attackers on the wings not just one but two, Sancho & Brooks.

I think your clubs is a shambles behind the scenes tbh. Its bonkers how a club so big can make so many poor decisions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are fine ever since Ole took in charge, he's on the right track in rebuilding the squad. Don't worry about us.

Are you? You were hideous before Bruno signed. Ole is essentially learning on the job. Spending 130M on the defence but only coming out with Maguire and AWB is also very poor. Its still a shambles despite money being thrown at it.

Ole wont take you anywhere. If Sancho is your only target then fair enough, but you wont finish top 4 next season with that.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Are you? You were hideous before Bruno signed. Ole is essentially learning on the job. Spending 130M on the defence but only coming out with Maguire and AWB is also very poor. Its still a shambles despite money being thrown at it.

Ole wont take you anywhere.

Finishing 3rd is a progress. Bissaka is still young and improving. Maguire is a good defender just not 80m defender but nothing can be done for the current market especially on defenders. Lucas Hernandez was brought for 70m pounds by Bayern and the guy barely even play but no one talk about it because he's France & plays in BundesLiga.

Before Bruno came we beat the likes of Chelsea 4-0, City 2-1, Sp**s 2-1, Leicester 1-0. Our results against the lesser team were the ones hurt us due to lack of creativity to break lowblock teams since no Bruno, Pogba being injured more than half of season while Martial got injured almost the first 3 months.

Not saying Ole will win trophies but we need someone to build the team first and he's on the right track.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Ole wont take you anywhere. If Sancho is your only target then fair enough, but you wont finish top 4 next season with that.

In fairness it wasn't just signing Bruno, Pogba was out for most of the season too. The absence of both of them makes the middle significantly weaker.

We went on a streak when both of these 2 were playing together. Agree with @UnitedBeard, signing a winger and quality competition puts us in a good position.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Finishing 3rd is a progress. Bissaka is still young and improving. Maguire is a good defender just not 80m defender but nothing can be done for the current market especially on defenders. Lucas Hernandez was brought for 70m pounds by Bayern and the guy barely even play but no one talk about it because he's France & plays in BundesLiga.

Before Bruno came we beat the likes of Chelsea 4-0, City 2-1, Sp**s 2-1, Leicester 1-0. Our results against the lesser team were the ones hurt us due to lack of creativity to break lowblock teams since no Bruno, Pogba being injured more than half of season while Martial got injured almost the first 3 months.

Not saying Ole will win trophies but we need someone to build the team first and he's on the right track.

Your last point I can agree with, he is on the right track building a team but ultimately if your tactics aren't good enough it will come back to bite you.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Your last point I can agree with, he is on the right track building a team but ultimately if your tactics aren't good enough it will come back to bite you.

We don't beat Chelsea 3x, City 3x this season with ''not good enough tactics'' you know.

We tried Moyes, LVG & Mourinho and none have been good in building the team but wasted money on the wrong players.

Let's build the team first by signing the right players on the right position, improving players which Ole had done on Rashford, Martial, Fred and etc & develop youth which he had done on Greenwood, Williams and etc. Talk about winning trophies later.

Goonger

I think your clubs is a shambles behind the scenes tbh. Its bonkers how a club so big can make so many poor decisions.

The be honest, we aren't much better behind the scenes. Both clubs are at a similar stage, both finally seem to see an upward trajectory happening with changes / performances in the last 6 months. It's what happens in these next Windows that probably decide if the upward trajectory continues.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We don't beat Chelsea 3x, City 3x this season with ''not good enough tactics'' you know.

We tried Moyes, LVG & Mourinho and none have been good in building the team but wasted money on the wrong players.

Let's build the team first by signing the right players on the right position, improving players which Ole had done on Rashford, Martial, Fred and etc & develop youth which he had done on Greenwood, Williams and etc. Talk about winning trophies later.

Wolves have done similar things thats the point, sitting back and countering a big team isn't a groundbreaking tactic.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

At the same time being on the right track isn’t enough. We can’t just **** whilst Liverpool win titles.

This applies to most teams that are making progress but particularly us as their direct rivals.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom