• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We're not carrying Ronaldo, he's carrying us. We would be out of the Champions League by now had it not been for him.
You have watched more ManU than I have I guess so will not argue my point too much. I am not a huge fan of old players who cannot run anymore. Ronaldo's saving grace though is that he still scores a fair amount and keeps in great shape. Let's see how things go. I hope you fail miserably though! ;)

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We're not carrying Ronaldo, he's carrying us. We would be out of the Champions League by now had it not been for him. Ronaldo is actually pretty smart with his pressing, you'll see it in the clip below but it's the ones behind him like Martial that are so static.

But back to Rangnick, I'm sure he's aware how much of a mess our system under Ole was. He clearly wants to have something definitive.

Christ, that clip is pretty damning.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We're not carrying Ronaldo, he's carrying us. We would be out of the Champions League by now had it not been for him. Ronaldo is actually pretty smart with his pressing, you'll see it in the clip below but it's the ones behind him like Martial that are so static.

But back to Rangnick, I'm sure he's aware how much of a mess our system under Ole was. He clearly wants to have something definitive.

Yeah but solo pressing is just as bad as not bothering to press.

We had this with Alexis where he’d run all over the pitch pressing in big away games and making a big show of digging out his teammates for not going with him.

If the game plan from Ole or Wenger with us was to sit and have different triggers from the press him just flying solo hurts the system.

No way I’m believing any manager doesn’t send a team out with a plan. You lot looked super drilled last year. What changed?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

No way I’m believing any manager doesn’t send a team out with a plan. You lot looked super drilled last year. What changed?

I really don't feel we were super drilled at all last year. Every set-piece felt like it was going to be a goal against us and we saw the likes of Maguire and Lindelof getting beaten easily, the reason why many were crying out for a CB signing this summer. The goalkeeper situation was a mess, De Gea was making mistakes then subsequently Henderson was making mistakes and the GK wasn't really settled until this season.

A lot of the time we were bailed out by penalties and individual brilliance. Other teams like Liverpool underperformed, Chelsea were pretty terrible under Lampard, Leicester had a massive collapse and there was really nobody else around us. Just feels like those cracks really were exposed this season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I really don't feel we were super drilled at all last year. Every set-piece felt like it was going to be a goal against us and we saw the likes of Maguire and Lindelof getting beaten easily, the reason why many were crying out for a CB signing this summer. The goalkeeper situation was a mess, De Gea was making mistakes then subsequently Henderson was making mistakes and the GK wasn't really settled until this season.

A lot of the time we were bailed out by penalties and individual brilliance. Other teams like Liverpool underperformed, Chelsea were pretty terrible under Lampard, Leicester had a massive collapse and there was really nobody else around us. Just feels like those cracks really were exposed this season.
Watching you the last couple of seasons, yes you had some mistakes at the back, but the problem seemed to be lack of dominance in midfield.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Martial really did my head in the other night, on the ball he was so passive, he wasn't sharp at all, minimal effort. But this clip really really pisses me off, how can he watch a 36 year old Ronaldo, one of the all time greats make an effort to press but he's just standing there thinking he's too good to put in the work?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Merson basically said what i said though i never said anything about England. If he'd managed even another couple of decent sized clubs somewhere in Europe, not even big teams, i'd keep quiet and see how he goes. At the moment, his cv reads of someone that's worked at Aldi, Lidl and W.H Smith and applying to be prime minister.
Well he basically built RB Leipzig to become one of the 'decent sized clubs somewhere in Europe'. Rangnick's reputation comes from his ability to build organizations, implementing a distinct style of play, appropriate training methods and an extensive scouting network.

The point that you and some others are missing is that United didn't hire Rangnick as a long-term manager, they hired him as an organizer who'll act as the interim for 6 months and hire their next manager. So all the talk about his lack of credentials as a manager is irrelevant. He did take a poverty Schalke squad to the UCL Semi Final in 2011, if you are so desperate to look for managerial success even though that's not the point.

This is exactly what he did at RB Leipzig, by the way. Was in charge of their football direction and acted as an interim manager on two occasions, first before hiring Ralph Hasenhüttl, and then before hiring Julian Nagelsmann.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Merson doesnt really know much about the current football world, especially not the football world outside of England. He is the kind of idiot that will suggest that City should get Southgate when Pep leaves.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This is typical Man Utd, hyping a big name just to end up flopping. This guy is just another Van Gaal.
Except Van gaal won a **** ton of league titles and European trophies. I would say he is an upgrade on Ole. But as Van gaal proves not every manager or player works at every club. We have to see how the players respond. United has been so bad under so many different managers by their lofty standards that I would agree that a wait and see approach is probably more prudent than panic

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Except Van gaal won a **** ton of league titles and European trophies. I would say he is an upgrade on Ole. But as Van gaal proves not every manager or player works at every club. We have to see how the players respond. United has been so bad under so many different managers by their lofty standards that I would agree that a wait and see approach is probably more prudent than panic

Good post.

mirrorstares

If it's Rangnick picking it will most likely be a german guy

With Woodward no longer there they probably stop going for the famous name choice

Top Bottom