• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

R

=reed=

Sadcafe said:
With modern football all but removing contact from the game have we got to the point where 2 yellows equalling a red is too harsh? The punishment for a red card all but ends the game as a contest now...it really has to be the only option. Should we move to 3 yellow cards? or have a sin bin scenario for 2 yellows?
349A9DC000000578-3608536-image-a-110_1464182702991.jpg

I don't think rules should be in the direction where other team get number advances. Football is universal sport now and gets a lot of viewing. Most important is that rules move in direction for healthier viewing.

There should always be 11 vs 11. I would recommend when player get red card he can be subbed off but it would cost more subs, like 2 or 3. Make the limit of maximum subs higher, to maybe 4 or 5 subs and then make maximum limit of games a red carded player can be banned higher also!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Roy Keane blasts Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho over fixture complaints

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ed-boss-jose-mourinho-over-fixture-complaints

Roy Keane launched a scathing attack on Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho after Thursday's Europa League win over Rostov, questioning whether the Portuguese is up to the job.

Republic of Ireland assistant boss Keane labelled Mourinho's gripes about fixture congestion as "utter nonsense" and says United have had an easy ride in the cup competitions.

Mourinho has bemoaned United's amount of games for some time and repeated after the victory over Rostov that this week's schedule, which sees United play again on Sunday after games on Monday and Thursday, shows they "have enemies".

But Keane told ITV Sport: "I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. Why do we have to listen to that garbage?

"It's just utter nonsense what he's talking about. He's manager of Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs on the planet. The squad he's got... and he keeps moaning about fixtures and fatigue.

"We were just looking at some of the cup draws they've had. They've had an easy ride in the cups; some good draws and a lot of home draws. The guy's talking absolute nonsense. I've never heard so much rubbish in my life.

"Maybe the club's too big for him. He can't deal with all these demands at the match. What matches? Man United reserves could have won that game tonight. I'm sick to death of him."

United defender Marcos Rojo was seen eating a banana towards the end of the game, passed to him by Ashley Young from the substitutes bench, as Rojo appeared to be suffering from fatigue.

But Keane said: "I think that was all staged, without a shadow of a doubt.

"He's talking about the player collapsing. That was easier than a training session. Eleven against eleven on the training pitch; that was easier than that.

"And he's talking about players collapsing. What rubbish. I've seen players maybe get Jaffa Cakes passed onto the pitch, so I wasn't surprised a player was looking for some sort of food.

"But I think they made a bigger drama than what it was. He's got other staff. One of the fitness coaches could have come on with that, the medical staff. He's passing it on to Ashley Young, and he's passing it on."

--------------------

Keane in his usual festive mood, but it is rather laughable that he is having a pop at Mourinho. What has he ever done as a manager?

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Jackass is busy with his conspiracy theories as usual.

Moaninho said:
“We have lots of enemies. Normally the enemy should be Rostov, but we have lots of enemies. It’s difficult to play Monday night [against Chelsea] with 10 men, it’s difficult to play now, it’s difficult to play Sunday at 12 o’clock [against Middlesbrough]. We have lots of enemies, but the boys were fantastic.”

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/03/16/mourinho-complains-manchester-united-has-lots-of-enemies/

The victory came at a heavy price. Paul Pogba limped off just after halftime, and Mourinho blamed his injury on “fatigue,” reverting back to his other complaints. “Fatigue has a price,” Mourinho claimed.

So why not, you know, f***ing rotate the lineup and give him a breather?

Deathstroke

The Terminator
"It's just utter nonsense what he's talking about. He's manager of Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs on the planet. The squad he's got... and he keeps moaning about fixtures and fatigue.

"Maybe the club's too big for him. He can't deal with all these demands at the match. What matches? Man United reserves could have won that game tonight. I'm sick to death of him."

:lol::lol::lol:

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I can't do with managers moaning about fatigue, all they have to do is train and play football. If they're so tired, just miss out a training session. Wenger's always annoyed me with that, I'm sure he makes the players feel tired, keep saying something and it becomes the truth!

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think the sin bin option is worth considering. It works very well in rugby.
Maybe the first player to get sent off instead gets sinbinned, any subsequent red cards result in a permanent sending off.

Alternatively a player gets sinbinned and if he commits another yellow card foul he gets a second sending off. Thit could work, but each yellow card would have to be by the letter of the law, none of that stuff where the ref is more lenient with second yellows.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man Utd should be the fav to win the Europa league most teams are levels below them. only Lyon can rival them.

OG J0E

Normally agree with Keane but it's odd to say the club's too big for Mourinho when Ferguson complained about fixture congestion all the time. Par for the course for top managers.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom