• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Malky

Established Member
United won't sell De Gea unless he forces the transfer, but even that's doubtful.
They have no reason to sell, they don't need the money and they'd have a near impossible job trying to replace him, they'd need to take a punt on a young keeper or offer mega money for Neuer/Ter Stegan/Oblak etc
Could see Madrid going for Donnarumma, Arrizabalaga or even Courtois instead.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
£100m? Yeah, ok then.
Spanish #1, best GK in the world, in a era of inflated transfer fees, from a club no financial reasons to sell...maybe not 100MM, but it wouldn't be far off (unless De Gea pitches a fit and makes a sale necessary).

Think it makes more sense for RM to go for another option, given the investment required in their front line (and elsewhere) in the next 2-3 years.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
100M wouldn't be a crazy price for DDG, he is easily the best GK in the world right now and probably will be for the foreseeable future. The next best options are going to cost almost as much. Oblak has an 80M clause if I'm not wrong.

UTD would be incredibly stupid to even consider selling him.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Real Madrid have been linked to much younger keepers. Donarumma who is around 19, Kepa who is around 22-23 and now some guy from haijdunk split who is 21.
But they've still got to prove they can be as good as DDG. The guy is immense and has years ahead of him, probably a decade. 27 is not an issue.

Starting to feel seriously old on this forum. If DDG is a getting on 27, I must be dead.

MkhiMagic

27 is very young for a GK, most hit their prime in their early 30s and the very good ones play until their late 30s with not much of a drop off.

This age obsession with football fans is strange, most seem to think that footballers will just disappear off the face of the earth once they hit 30.

And he’ll cost around €100 million, but Real won’t pay that and will opt for someone cheaper or a prospect to slowly take over from Navas after a season or so.

House MD

27 isn’t old but it’s not my point. An in prime player would be costlier than an up and coming

I think Real need more important additions. A forward to replace benzema, maybe one to replace Bale, a CB and maybe even a midfielder to Replace modric eventually (kovacic isn’t good enough I think). A keeper costing 100m isn’t going to be a priority this season

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
So many Liverpool fans are saying the reason they lost yesterday is because they're "too honourable" and don't engage in the "dark arts of football" like Mourinho. :lol:

House MD

But they've still got to prove they can be as good as DDG. The guy is immense and has years ahead of him, probably a decade. 27 is not an issue.

Starting to feel seriously old on this forum. If DDG is a getting on 27, I must be dead.

Tbf football age and real age are a lot different. People call footballers of my age (23) as not living up to potential and here I am watching them on tv :p

House MD

So many Liverpool fans are saying the reason they lost yesterday is because they're "too honourable" and don't engage in the "dark arts of football" like Mourinho. :lol:

This is what they do. Every year they say ‘this is the worst united team in 30 years’ yet they haven’t even scored a goal from open play against us in the league since benteke scored that overhead kick in 2015 (1 penalty and 1 own goal in 5 games since then)

Reactions: A_G

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

So honourable that they didn't even make De Gea stretch all game. Dark arts or not, playing football "the right way" and not even testing our goalkeeper is more embarrassing.

100M wouldn't be a crazy price for DDG, he is easily the best GK in the world right now and probably will be for the foreseeable future. The next best options are going to cost almost as much. Oblak has an 80M clause if I'm not wrong.

UTD would be incredibly stupid to even consider selling him.
Yeah, it would be, and no, he isn't.

So honourable that they didn't even make De Gea stretch all game. Dark arts or not, playing football "the right way" and not even testing our goalkeeper is more embarrassing.
I can't understand why they didn't just go for you.
They battered us for 70 minutes at klanfield, but Saturday, they just sat off you and gave you time to do what you wanted. Utterly bizarre.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I can't understand why they didn't just go for you.
They battered us for 70 minutes at klanfield, but Saturday, they just sat off you and gave you time to do what you wanted. Utterly bizarre.

I think it helped that our passing on the ball was more direct, it didn't really even allow them to press. Defensively, we were very well structured, we didn't allow them any space to play. Bailly apart from that one moment had a fantastic game. Well everyone in defence had a great game.

CanadianGooner1608

Honestly, LFC might have been tired out after Klopp made the first team play in the second leg of the CL.

Still, as unhappy as it makes me (apologies for my Arsenal bias), Utd completely outplayed and suffocated them. Fair play to them.

Top Bottom