• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
So the pre 2006 with the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ronaldo, Henry, etc...? You cannot be serious :lol:

Ederson.
Per the aforementioned tweet (and from what I've seen), in terms of goals (/wins) above replacement, the dude is transcendental.

Ederson is a fine keeper, but De Gea is a bonafide star -- it just feels odd to recognize him as such since his responsibilities are so different from the other X of XI. It still counts on the score sheet, though, which is why I think he should be recognized as the one of the best to do it.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Per the aforementioned tweet (and from what I've seen), in terms of goals (/wins) above replacement, the dude is transcendental.

Ederson is a fine keeper, but De Gea is a bonafide star -- it just feels odd to recognize him as such since his responsibilities are so different from the other X of XI. It still counts on the score sheet, though, which is why I think he should be recognized as the one of the best to do it.

Whatever those nerdy stats say putting De Gea as the best player in the world in any other era is pretty ridiculous. Something I could only see United fanboys doing.

Ederson is much more of a star. De Gea hides behind Mourinho's bus and doesn't get out of his line. While Ederson is a great sweeper and basically plays like a deep lying playmaker with his feet, something that is way beyond De Gea's capabilities.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Whatever those nerdy stats say putting De Gea as as the best player in the world in any era is pretty ridiculous. Something I could only see United fanboys doing.

Ederson is much more of a star. De Gea hides behind Mourinho's bus and doesn't get out of his line. While Ederson is a great sweeper and basically plays like a deep lying playmaker with his feet, something that is way beyond De Gea's capabilities.

Yeah, enough with those the 'nerdy stats' -- those are total BS; they should just poll guys who catch a few games....:rolleyes:

De Gea gets shelled every game because Mourinho's bus is so flawed, and still shines; see our last game. While I agree his distribution isn't on Ederson's level, I don't think it erases (or comes close to negating) the insane shot stopping. As far as quantifying the relative value, I'll leave it to the nerdy statisticians.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Sorry man but you're writing your own narrative here. If anything it's this style of play that makes him get tested even more. He has **** defenders like Lindelof, Smalling, Young and Valencia trying to protect him but they get beaten so easily. Let's say we had a good bunch of defenders like Mourinho's Inter team then it would actually mean anything. But he's solely kept us at 2nd Place this season. Otherwise we should be 6th again.

Furious

Yeah, enough with those the 'nerdy stats' -- those are total BS; they should just poll guys who catch a few games....:rolleyes:

De Gea gets shelled every game because Mourinho's bus is so flawed, and still shines; see our last game. While I agree his distribution isn't on Ederson's level, I don't think it erases (or comes close to negating) the insane shot stopping. As far as quantifying the relative value, I'll leave it to the nerdy statisticians.

Imagine putting a nothing bloke like feckin De Gea in the same bracket as the likes of Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and who ever else because of some ****ty nerdy stats.... sorry but can't relate.

Furious

Sorry man but you're writing your own narrative here. If anything it's this style of play that makes him get tested even more. He has **** defenders like Lindelof, Smalling, Young and Valencia trying to protect him but they get beaten so easily. Let's say we had a good bunch of defenders like Mourinho's Inter team then it would actually mean anything. But he's solely kept us at 2nd Place this season. Otherwise we should be 6th again.

The game against us you had 11 bodies in your box. Of course it's going to be much easier for De Gea to make saves. That is undeniable. How **** your defenders are is pretty irrelevant in that case.

I'm not taking anything away from him, he has been incredible for you lot and saved you plenty, agree. However saying he's the best player in any other era is borderline lunacy.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Imagine putting a nothing bloke like feckin De Gea in the same bracket as the likes of Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and who ever else because of some ****ty nerdy stats.... sorry but can't relate.
He's not a genius in that aesthetic bracket, but to the extent that the game is about scoring more and conceding less, he's otherworldly.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It might be snobbish, but I will never see a gk or a defender as the best player in the world. Just doesn't have the same importance or influence as offensive players.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if I want United to trash them today or risk it seeing Cesc & Giroud take away their dreams in the final.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

The game against us you had 11 bodies in your box. Of course it's going to be much easier for De Gea to make saves. That is undeniable. How **** your defenders are is pretty irrelevant in that case.

I'm not taking anything away from him, he has been incredible for you lot and saved you plenty, agree. However saying he's the best player in any other era is borderline lunacy.

Yeah I don't agree with that part.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom