• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Yeah, enough with those the 'nerdy stats' -- those are total BS; they should just poll guys who catch a few games....:rolleyes:

De Gea gets shelled every game because Mourinho's bus is so flawed, and still shines; see our last game. While I agree his distribution isn't on Ederson's level, I don't think it erases (or comes close to negating) the insane shot stopping. As far as quantifying the relative value, I'll leave it to the nerdy statisticians.
De Gea is a fantastic keeper, no doubt, so is Ederson, I think it's fair to say both keepers suit the respective teams they play for, right now and it's possible/probable neither would would be a good fit at the other.

House MD

So if we win the next 3 games (Watford at home, West Ham and Brighton away) we will end up with 86 points with GD of at least 43. That’s a really good performance tbh. Start of the season I wanted a title challenge but city having a top season like this is really difficult to be matched. 86 would generally be thereabouts to a title challenge most seasons.

Disappointed with the CL exit but if we can win the next 4 games (including the FA cup final), it would be a season which sees very good progress.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
So if we win the next 3 games (Watford at home, West Ham and Brighton away) we will end up with 86 points with GD of at least 43. That’s a really good performance tbh. Start of the season I wanted a title challenge but city having a top season like this is really difficult to be matched. 86 would generally be thereabouts to a title challenge most seasons.

Disappointed with the CL exit but if we can win the next 4 games (including the FA cup final), it would be a season which sees very good progress.

Considering the money spent it's a failure. You were properly spanked a couple of times this season, it's progress but it's a bare minimum to expect IMO.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

You've been playing zombie football. Like Stoke with expensive players. Overall you've had a poverty season, and overachieved point wise.

House MD

You've been playing zombie football. Like Stoke with expensive players. Overall you've had a poverty season, and overachieved point wise.

Nah that’s a myth. We have had games with bad football but overall we were very good. Especially in the recent games vs the big sides. City Chelsea Liverpool Sp**s in the cup etc

We haven’t overachieved at all. I would say we are exactly where we should be.

Considering the money spent it's a failure. You were properly spanked a couple of times this season, it's progress but it's a bare minimum to expect IMO.

The bare minimum was expecting to challenge for the title. Most other seasons we would have except for this freakish tally by Man City. Man City’s title win under pellegrini for instance had 86 points as well, which we could achieve if we win our three games in hand.

We weren’t spanked no. Comfortably beaten in a few games yes but we have beaten every PL club at Least once. I think united are the only team to not concede more than 2 goals in a game in the top 5 leagues.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
You really have turned into Liverpool :D

That was said at the start of this season.

He always wins the title in his second season, right?
The difference is City have been on another level this season. Now that the bar has been raised Mourinho should know what's needed to reach it.

It's similar to his Chelsea team circa 2006, they had a hold on the league and it was up to SAF and everyone else to respond.

I wouldn't get too cocky Blue.

The difference is City have been on another level this season. Now that the bar has been raised Mourinho should know what's needed to reach it.

It's similar to his Chelsea team circa 2006, they had a hold on the league and it was up to SAF and everyone else to respond.

I wouldn't get too cocky Blue.
I'm far from cocky, I still have a beer to celebrate when we get to 40 points ;)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
A team is as strong and as weak as their best and worst player. It's a team sport. You can't just say "Well, without this player you'd not be where you are," it doesn't work that way. Quite a petty mindset.
Actually, because of the dynamics at play and how important individuals can be in that dynamic you could totally say that. We definitely would not have been invincible without Viera or Henry or anyone else in that squad. Each cog made up a vital connection in our system. Each cog was well tuned and well greased for operation but without them we would not have functioned as we did. Same goes for any great team. Take out a big piece and it is a new team. Possibly still capable but not in the same wya

House MD

If it wasn't for your keeper you wouldn't have this to brag about so I wouldn't use this as an excuse for your team or your manager.,..

He is part of the team though. So not really sure why that’s wrong. Does everyone else play without a keeper? Every team should buy 20 year old keepers and develop him like we did maybe they will be better off too

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He is part of the team though. So not really sure why that’s wrong. Does everyone else play without a keeper? Every team should buy 20 year old keepers and develop him like we did maybe they will be better off too
You;re missing the point. Your keeper makes your team look about 15 points better every season. ON HIS OWN

Latest posts+

Top Bottom