<

Let's all laugh at Tottenham

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Biggus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Not sure this is the case with him, but those Tottenham players... Imagine what a contract Kane, Eriksen or Alli could get 12 months ago... Maybe Son this summer? They could move to eg Real Madrid for ridiculous sums, and the club would also make a handy profit. That boat might just have sailed.

2. Malky

Malky Established Member

Any club that actually goes and releases a book/DVD about their road to the final of a competition they ****ing lost deserve to spiral out of control. The ultimate small time mentality.

Ash10, Wilshero and Steps like this.
  3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

It was only a matter of time for this descent, Poch even at Southampton had his fair share of criticism and wasn't able to deliver a trophy. His time at Sp**s has been different in a way, same outcome.

He just doesn't deliver what matters and it seem he has lost this bunch. Long may this continue!

ThlRama likes this.
  4. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

From looking at the current table I guess Sp uds will need to consider more successful managers to replace him, such as Sean Dyche.

5. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Another thread:
    Didn't realize Lloris got hurt, but it was dislocated shoulder rather than arm break, all the best to him and his recovery.

Went to check what is going on in their forums. Above quotes are from the cock-forum.

They made similar mistake as Arsenal when Cech was the only buy. :lol: Why not repeat Arsenal's mistake with a stadium debt knocking.

20% of their forum suggest Simeone should be their next manager, as if Simeone will go to Sp**s from Atletico. :rofl:

Maybe Poch can still get the team working, who knows. But sacking him will cost them the compensation. Didn't he just sign a new contract? Anyone know how much that is? This will diminish their already low transfer budget. Getting a good manager mid season from another team costs too.

Like the above quote says, they will need 3-4 windows to compete well again unless some miracles happen. They don't have much depth and are losing important players.

What a fall in a year! They were clearly ahead of Arsenal in my view at least looking at the surface.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Artisan and krackpot like this.
  6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I love this guy

Artisan likes this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

8. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

AS saying that Sp**s have made contact with Mourinho about replacing Pochettino.

9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Artisan, blaze_of_glory and GDeep™ like this.
  10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

blaze_of_glory and GDeep™ like this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Weird combo, Levy and Jose.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Extremely. I'd feel sick if I was a Spud. Recipe for disaster that. Although you could say that about almost anyone and Jose..

Artisan likes this.
  13. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

It will be a waste of time and money. Mourinho will park the bus and demand £300 million to spend.

14. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

The thing is Mou usually knows exactly what he wants and needs and won't beat around the bush. Levy won't give him what he wants of course, would make a good spectacle to be fair.

15. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Their attendances will start dropping soon. Already complaining about the sh*t atmosphere. Hope those extra 1000 seats were worth it

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Hope the rumour of Southgate going to Sp**s is true.

Very nice guy, probably one of footballs genuine nice guys, not a top manager though.

Artisan likes this.
  17. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Why would he leave england for that job though? he's got it going well where he is right now.

18. drippin

Would be very silly of him. England having pretty great team and prospects for the future. Money would be one reason.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

A lot obviously depends on Euro 2020. You have a point though, he has a deal till Qatar 2022 and it’s a cosy job.

20. drippin

So what are their options? Southgate would be an idiot to exit England at this point. With their prospects he has potential to be a legend. They were good at WC.

Mourinho & Levy like GDeep said? Hahah, yeah that would be interesting spectacle.

Allegri? Maybe, but will he risk it?

I'm not sure how easy it is to get a manager from some Bundesliga team in the middle of a season. Will be costly at least.

Will they want to come at this point? They need some up and coming manager who wants to risk it I think. Howe?

Poch won't quit and they have to pay him out for sure. He wants some compensation for what he gave them and the dreams he gave up when he signed that new deal.