• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nagelsman March and Rodgers all reject them. Ten Hag going to wait if better team will be interested too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lol Sp**s will likely end up with someone like Potter now i expect no top manager join them they know how levy works and likely rebuilding needed so they need complete restart

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

tenor.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watched that Chiellini interview again, "The history of the Tottenham!"

Iconic...still can't believe he said that, tbh :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Daniel Levy’s search for Tottenham Hotspur’s next permanent manager is in danger of descending into farce after Erik ten Hag became the latest man to rule himself out of contention.

Ten Hag signed a contract extension with Ajax shortly after holding discussions with Sp**s, with sources differing over which party decided against the Dutchman making the move to London.

Whether it was ten Hag or Tottenham who took a step back, chairman Levy is now under huge pressure to find the right man to succeed Jose Mourinho after a week of knock-backs.

Top target Julian Nagelsmann accepted an offer to become Bayern Munich manager, while Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers ruled himself out of the running and is understood to remain out of Tottenham’s reach.

Ten Hag was prominent in the list of alternatives, with Levy now having to consider whether or not to turn to the likes of Ralf Rangnick, Roberto Martinez or even Scott Parker.

Graham Potter has been linked in dispatches with the Sp**s post, but the 45-year-old is believed to be focusing on pulling Brighton away from Premier League relegation danger.

Levy is already facing fan protests over Tottenham’s inclusion and withdrawal from the European Super League and has seen the club lose the Carabao Cup final to Manchester City - after which Harry Kane reiterated his desire to win trophies.

Given the difficult position the club are currently in, Levy cannot afford to miss out on any more of his targets. Here, Telegraph Sport looks at what Tottenham want, who they wanted, who they could now go for and who might be interested in the post.

What do Tottenham want?​

Levy wants a progressive coach who will play attractive football and attempt to bring the feel-good factor back to Tottenham. Mourinho’s style of football was not popular with many of the club’s fans and some of the players, and the new coach will be tasked with putting smiles back on faces. He will also be expected to keep offering chances to young players, as well as getting the best out of Tottenham’s big names.

Who did they want?​

Naglesmann had been Tottenham’s top choice to replace Mourinho, but he has been confirmed as Bayern Munich’s next manager. Rodgers was also at the top of Levy’s list, but he is preparing for an FA Cup final with Leicester City, who, unlike Sp**s, remain on course to qualify for the Champions League.

Rodgers distanced himself from the job and it is understood he remains out of the club’s reach. Ten Hag emerged high on a list of alternatives to Tottenham’s top two choices and the interest certainly did him no harm as, on Friday, he signed a contract extension at Ajax that included a healthy wage rise.

On Tottenham’s interest in him, ten Hag said: “I don't want to rule out that that could have happened, but I know what I have here (at Ajax). I know who I am working with, I know what the ideas are, I know what goals we have. I’m happy here. That's where my head and heart are at.”

Is there anybody else who could turn Sp**s down?​

Graham Potter has been linked with the post and he would fulfil the criteria of being a progressive coach who likes to play attractive football. But he is on a long contract at Brighton, working for stable owners and the club have a plan, which he is executing with their full support. Potter’s first priority is to pull Brighton clear of Premier League relegation danger and start planning for next season.

Who could they now turn to?​

Tottenham fans are hoping that Levy might have a trick up his sleeve, but his realistic options are starting to look slightly limited. Ralf Rangnick is a manager the club have looked at in the past, before appointing Andre Villas-Boas, and the German is currently out of work. But Rangnick, having also worked as a director of football, is a manager who would want a strong say in all football aspects of the club and that may not appeal to Levy.

Former Sp**s midfielder Scott Parker has won admirers for the job he is doing at Fulham, even though the club are on course to be relegated from the Premier League, while former Everton manager Roberto Martinez, who is in charge of the Belgian national team, could be an option although he would not be able to start work until after the European Championships. Italian sources have linked Max Allegri with a return to Juventus.

Is anybody interested in the job?​

Martinez is thought to be interested in returning to club management after the Euros and would be interested in the Tottenham post, while Rafa Benitez would love to manage in the Premier League again. But Benitez is not known for his progressive and attractive style and Sp**s fans may well not want another former Chelsea manager, albeit an interim coach.

That would also count for Maurizio Sarri, who is set to return to management at Roma. Former Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick is thought to be interested in the Sp**s post, despite being linked to the German national team job, but Tottenham, as yet, are not thought to have reciprocated that interest.

Are there any outsiders?​

Marcelo Bielsa would, in many ways, fit the bill perfectly for Tottenham and he is yet to sign a new contract at Leeds United. It would not be a surprise if Sp**s checked on his situation and plans, but it would be a major surprise if Bielsa decided to swap Leeds for Tottenham this summer.

Are Tottenham in danger of becoming a laughing stock?​

The jokes are already circulating around various WhatsApp groups, with the latest being: Zoran Mamic, the former Dinamo Zagreb manager, has rejected an approach from Tottenham Hotspur. The club had tabbed him to fill the vacant managerial position, but he has decided he would rather remain imprisoned in Croatia.
Hansi Flick being interested is a surprise.

mirrorstare

It was a huge W for them that players decided to preserve the Poch identity over Mourinho. Now they're pretty much running through our wishlist to see who's available.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Reports that Levy is holding talks with Nuno Esprito Santo and Roberto Martinez. Interesting choices, not sure Nuno will be much different to Jose.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...all English Champions League final great for the national team, ffs

Certain players are proper gimps :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom