• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The hilarious thing is a lot of these guys last season were trying to tell me we had one of the worst squads in the league in the midst of twerking for Arteta (especially after we lost 2 nil against Sp**s almost a year ago to this day).

Now they want to pull their Arsenal card out and pretend Conte is a bad appointment. We will revisit this down the line anyways I'm sure.

Since Yousif bumped this, we might as well discuss.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Funny thing is Levy probably won’t care if he wants to leave if Poch becomes available. He’ll thank him for top 4 and bring back Poch. Sp**s already have to pay £80m for Kulusevski and Romero and Conte will probably want another £150m on top of that. Good luck with that…..

Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Conte is a proven winner. Sp**s probably the first club he's been at since Siena where hasn't been expected to challenge for titles but he's done what they signed him to do. Whether he'll accept that long term is extremely doubtful but there's few better out there at achieving results.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sp**s are in the top 4 because Arteta bottled it, not because Conte is a genius. 👍
When it came to the point of the season where losing wasn’t an option, one guy had been there and done it, one only had stories from his City intern days.

I’m certainly not calling him a genius, anyone can say get the ball to Son and Kane - but I think he’s undeniably shown the difference.

What happens if Arteta inherits a disinterested Kane who tried to engineer a move out? Does he get the best out of him or make an enemy out of him? I think we both know.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
All these sums are not paid in one go.
Honestly, I think AM tellme about Sp**s not having any money, going bankrupt because of the stadium, etc every year :lol:

No ****. Why do you think they did loans with buy options? Just for ****s and giggles or to push having to pay down the road? Those deals go on the books this summer, so they have to be factored in with whatever their budget is and you can guarantee Conte won’t be looking at them as new signings.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
When it came to the point of the season where losing wasn’t an option, one guy had been there and done it, one only had stories from his City intern days.

I’m certainly not calling him a genius, anyone can say get the ball to Son and Kane - but I think he’s undeniably shown the difference.

What happens if Arteta inherits a disinterested Kane who tried to engineer a move out? Does he get the best out of him or make an enemy out of him? I think we both know.

Not anyone, as we have seen in Mourinho and Nuno.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would rather Sp**s get Poch again, if Conte goes, than bring Potter in...big Graham is dangerous, imo.

Would like Potter still in play, incase it goes wrong for Mikel next season...as he would be top of my list to replace him.

base615

Saying it's just Son and Kane is pretty lazy analysis. Sp**s' success at the end of the season is due to Conte sorting out the defence.

Romero is brilliant but, when he got injured, Davinson Sanchez slotted right in playing better than he ever has. Dier has improved massively and Davies, a player most Sp**s fans wanted gone at the start of the season, has been awesome too.

Matt Docherty was a total flop but Conte improved him to the point where he was one of Sp**s' most important players before getting injured. Royal, another flop, takes over and plays badly for a few games before he suddenly stops making mistakes. Sessegnon suddenly looks like the player he was at Fulham while Hojberg, another heavily criticised player, mops up everything.

Conte has simply improved every player on the park which provides the base for Kane, Son and Kulusevski to do what they do. Those guys are excellent but, without the improvement in other players, the attack wouldn't be as effective as it has been.

Haphazard

Tottenham have been more ambitious and acted more like a big club than we have over the last 6-7 years which is saying something.

Even if Conte leaves they won't give to Ryan Mason they will go for another experienced manager like a normal club would do.

Also find it difficult to laugh at them considering it's their 6th year they have finished ahead with 3/4 of them having qualified for the UCL.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Unfortunately he has done a great job considering where they were when taking over from Nuno. If they give him decent cash to improve defence and midfield, see further improvement given the strength of their forward line (i.e. the most difficult and expensive part to get right).

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Unfortunately he has done a great job considering where they were when taking over from Nuno. If they give him decent cash to improve defence and midfield, see further improvement given the strength of their forward line (i.e. the most difficult and expensive part to get right).

He has done a great job with Sp**s and deserves all the credit coming to him. Got lucky with our slip ups in the end but that’s football.

Is he the answer for Sp**s, well if he stays there for the next few years he can turn them into a serious, consistent top four team for sure.

Top Bottom