• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
And they threw coins at him while he was carried off with a torn ACL. Glad he flashed the 2-1 at them the ****s! Still makes my blood boil! 🤬
It was a 2-0 flash.

BdKDro_IUAAmhAC.jpg

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Surely this isn't real. I could understand if they tried to claim finishing 2nd in the league is a bigger achievement.

Anyway it's been that long since Sp**s won a cup but the FA Cup is a journey. The hardest win was beating that Luis Suarez Liverpool side when Brendan Rodgers claimed 'the better side lost. Coming second to that was ofcourse when we knocked out Sp**s and Everton that year. Also the joy of overcoming a 2-0 deficit while you think we've bottled it to win 3-2 is simply joyous.

Maybe they made a video of the Audi Cup though

Reactions: A_G

blrgooner

Established Member
I do think Sp**s will probably finish above us again this season, sadly.

We have an exciting young team, but they have a more experienced/proven manager and forward line...bar a classic Conte meltdown, they are favs...they have been the better team than us, since about 2016.

But if you don't think it's funny how their best ever Prem period has resulted in no trophies so far, then I don't think you get how football fandom is supposed to work :lol:

When we finished above them for 20 years, we were by far a better team than them in that period...but if we won nothing in that time (with all the awards going to Yanited/Chelski for example) instead of the 10 trophies we did win, Sp**s would definitely have laughed at us...it's the name of the game.

Just wish our fans were a bit better than they are, tbh.
I think they are getting incredibly overrated. They had added a lot of players after Conte came in but still seem to be completely dependent on Son and especially Kane. Of course Richarlison may help in this respect but I think he is incredibly over rated himself and not sure how he fits into this Sp**s side.
I think 3-6th spot is between Us, Sp**s, Chelsea and United and right now without any of these team shaving a clear advantage as of now(Maybe Utd are ever so slightly below the other 3 but the difference is very small IMO and upcoming signings may mitigate the disadvantage).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think they are getting incredibly overrated. They had added a lot of players after Conte came in but still seem to be completely dependent on Son and especially Kane. Of course Richarlison may help in this respect but I think he is incredibly over rated himself and not sure how he fits into this Sp**s side.
I think 3-6th spot is between Us, Sp**s, Chelsea and United and right now without any of these team shaving a clear advantage as of now(Maybe Utd are ever so slightly below the other 3 but the difference is very small IMO and upcoming signings may mitigate the disadvantage).
They haven't added anything that allows then to move away from their plan a or in fact allows them to break down deep blocks.

Match their back 3 and sit deep, hit them on the break and they is the blueprint for beating them. Playing a high line allowing Kane to drop and slip Kane in behind is the only move that needs to be prevented. I hope teams scout them like they did us last season.

I find it odd that teams actively tried to stop the way we build up and play, but then play straight into Sp**s hands.

Also. With more intense midweek Champions League games followed by weekend games, there is a higher chance that Kane and Son pick up injuries.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I see they are in the market for Zaniolo, and were in for Maddison/Paqueta before. Seems Conte wants to give them further dynamicism for those deep blocks. They were rendered toothless against Roma recently when Mourinho completely shut them out.

Currently, that is the way to beat Sp**s, they still dont have an answer if they arent allowed to counter attack. And if they dont address this, they will not be in a title hunt, nor the best of the rest outside of City and Liverpool.

The funny thing is, their fans and many footy watchers, think that being a strong counter attacking team makes you one of the best teams. Dangerous yes, but if that's your main game.... then Im sorry, you are not a top top team.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I have to say, even if we continue the form into the season I'd still consider them favourites when we meet them. With Conte, Son and Kane they are the biggest bane currently for pressing teams.

That said they also won't do as well overall as others expect them to.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have to say, even if we continue the form into the season I'd still consider them favourites when we meet them. With Conte, Son and Kane they are the biggest bane currently for pressing teams.

That said they also won't do as well overall as others expect them to.

An interesting point is that once a team beats our press they will then be 1v1 vs our defence.

Holding 1v1 vs anyone let alone Son is a massive issue. Saliba on the other hand?

The ability for our defence to improve in training is dependant on who they face day in day out. Saliba goes to France and deals with Mbappe in training. Last season our defenders had Lacazette to deal with in training. This season they have Jesus. Complete different kettle of fish.

So if our defenders are dealing with Jesus on transitions in training, dealing with Son isn't far fetched. I'd like one more wide forward though to make training even harder.

Haphazard

People are underestimating Chelsea, they are the only team that can really push Liverpool/City otherwise it's a battle for 4th with Sp**s/Arsenal/Utd

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Sapient Hawk

From the official Arsenal v Sevilla Emirates Cup match programme...

Player profile section, Erik Lamela...

"A familiar face to Arsenal fans, Lamela spent 8 seasons as a Sp**s' player...His last game at The Emirates featured a remarkable rabona goal (which was later voted FIFA goal of the year) but also a red card in a 2-1 defeat for his team...now 30, the left footer has yet to win a trophy in his career"

🤣 🤣🤣

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

@Sapient Hawk

From the official Arsenal v Sevilla Emirates Cup match programme...

Player profile section, Erik Lamela...

"A familiar face to Arsenal fans, Lamela spent 8 seasons as a Sp**s' player...His last game at The Emirates featured a remarkable rabona goal (which was later voted FIFA goal of the year) but also a red card in a 2-1 defeat for his team...now 30, the left footer has yet to win a trophy in his career"

🤣 🤣🤣

I love the fact that even our match program shows contempt towards Sp**s :lol:

His adjustment should be seamless seeing as, now that Emery's no longer there, Sevilla are likely to remain trophyless.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
People are underestimating Chelsea, they are the only team that can really push Liverpool/City otherwise it's a battle for 4th with Sp**s/Arsenal/Utd

They don't have a striker and stuggle to break teams down. Also they'll have a whole new defense, which will take time to gel

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Having said what I said I really don't get why pundits and opposition fans rate Sp**s that highly. Listening to some in their season predictions you'd think they'd end up just behind City and Liverpool in points.

They had an ok window and a meh pre-season (at best). I'm not disputing the they will be strong Top 4 candidates with Conte leading them, but I don't fully get where the hype comes from.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Having said what I said I really don't get why pundits and opposition fans rate Sp**s that highly. Listening to some you'd think they'd end up just behind City and Liverpool in points.

They had an ok window and a meh pre-season (at best). I'm not disputing the they will be strong Top 4 candidates with Conte leading them, but I don't fully get where the hype comes from.

If you listen to them its because Conte, who they consider on par with Pep and Klopp, has had a full pre season with them and will now have a full season with them as well. On top of that, they have backed him and strengthened the team signficantly.

The reality is you need to look at their weak points from last season to see if they actually are new and improved. Wait for them to play teams who give them no space behind, lets see how they handle that. Roma completely nullified them in pre-season.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If you listen to them its because Conte, who they consider on par with Pep and Klopp, has had a full pre season with them and will now have a full season with them as well. On top of that, they have backed him and strengthened the team signficantly.

Didn't they say the same thing when Mourinho came in for them? Conte at Chelsea, Juve and Inter had a director of football supplying him with top talent. His own signings and dealings were typically poor at Chelsea. So now he gets to be in charge of transfers it's assumed he gets good players. He's not got the players he had at Chelsea and he'll have many of the same problems. His system is incredibly reliant on wingbacks providing the front 3 with great service or playing on the counter. Allot of their season depends upon how a 33yo Persic adapts to the pace and quality of the premier league

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
And how are they going to manage that? They have no reliable striker and their CBs are 1000 years old. Kante remains their most important player and his fitness is now more and more frequently in question. Liverpool and City are acres ahead of everyone else in squad depth and quality.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom