• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
If you listen to them its because Conte, who they consider on par with Pep and Klopp, has had a full pre season with them and will now have a full season with them as well. On top of that, they have backed him and strengthened the team signficantly.

The reality is you need to look at their weak points from last season to see if they actually are new and improved. Wait for them to play teams who give them no space behind, lets see how they handle that. Roma completely nullified them in pre-season.
This.

Teams shouldn't play into their hands. Even we did the same last season and suffered. They struggle to break down teams. And destroy high line defense because he basically has them park the bus. I hope enough teams learnt the lesson.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This.

Teams shouldn't play into their hands. Even we did the same last season and suffered. They struggle to break down teams. And destroy high line defense because he basically has them park the bus. I hope enough teams learnt the lesson.

So long as they cant deal with that, will teams continue to replicate these tactics against them and stop them in their tracks.

Had we sat back at their ****hole, they would have been exposed as the frauds they are without the ball.

They will have stepped up once Conte has them pressing higher up the pitch, looking to win the ball in advanced areas. To be fair to them, I've seen bits of that from them in pre-season. But for the most part they are still a counter attacking, reactionary team... and that makes me dismiss them.

Last edited:

Katherine

So long as they cant deal with that, will teams continue to replicate these tactics against them and stop them in their tracks.

Had we sat back at their ****hole, they would have been exposed as the frauds they are without the ball.

They will have stepped up once Conte has them pressing higher up the pitch, looking to win the ball in advanced areas. To be fair to them, I've seen bits of that from them in pre-season. But for the most part they are still a counter attacking, reactionary team... and that makes me dismiss them.

This is such incredibly weak banter mate, how do you not cringe whilst posting it
I just cringe for all of them. Happy to oblige.

Katherine

I see they are in the market for Zaniolo, and were in for Maddison/Paqueta before. Seems Conte wants to give them further dynamicism for those deep blocks. They were rendered toothless against Roma recently when Mourinho completely shut them out.

Currently, that is the way to beat Sp**s, they still dont have an answer if they arent allowed to counter attack. And if they dont address this, they will not be in a title hunt, nor the best of the rest outside of City and Liverpool.

The funny thing is, their fans and many footy watchers, think that being a strong counter attacking team makes you one of the best teams. Dangerous yes, but if that's your main game.... then Im sorry, you are not a top top team.
Tottenham's game is to overwhelm teams on the flanks. They're not looking to play pretty little passes through the middle. I'm really surprised most of you haven't cottoned on to this.

SA Gunner

Tottenham's game is to overwhelm teams on the flanks. They're not looking to play pretty little passes through the middle. I'm really surprised most of you haven't cottoned on to this.

Its not pretty little passes, central areas are where you hurt teams the most, that's what elite teams like City and Liverpool do in their sleep. That's also why teams look to remain compact and narrow generally and focus on it when dropping down to 10.

Sp**s need to be able to break down low, compact blocks. If they cannot do this regularly, then forget about them being any different to last season. Good enough for 4th yes, but any more than that Im not so sure.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Its not pretty little passes, central areas are where you hurt teams the most, that's what elite teams like City and Liverpool do in their sleep. That's also why teams look to remain compact and narrow generally and focus on it when dropping down to 10.

Sp**s need to be able to break down low, compact blocks. If they cannot do this regularly, then forget about them being any different to last season. Good enough for 4th yes, but any more than that Im not so sure.

Bentancur and Kulusevski can do exactly that.

Bissouma and Hoiberg will free Bentancur up to move upfield.

Katherine

Arteta is trying to replicate everything he saw at City with generally inferior players. His pretty, pretty tip-tap will murder some teams. So teams like us will pretty pretty ourselves whilst teams like Sp**s will dominate by having a team of athletes who will relentlessly attack on both flanks. Let's revisit this conversation in early 2023 and see where things are at.

SA Gunner

Arteta is trying to replicate everything he saw at City with generally inferior players. His pretty, pretty tip-tap will murder some teams. So teams like us will pretty pretty ourselves whilst teams like Sp**s will dominate by having a team of athletes who will relentlessly attack on both flanks. Let's revisit this conversation in early 2023 and see where things are at.

Lets revisit this conversation yes.

I think you need to learn more about the game, because your arguments seem really basic and that of a young child IMO. If you dont want to look at the more intricate aspects of Arsenal's play, then you should try and figure out why a club would bankroll this guy to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds... for "pretty tippy tappy, copy/paste" football. It seems to me you are suggesting that YOU have more in your mental locker, than all those decision makers who do this as a fulltime job.

As I said... educate yourself, because you are just looking silly right now.

Top Bottom