• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Malky

Established Member
Quite interesting to watch what is happening at Sp**s and more importantly the tail end of Son and Kanes peak.

Son and Kane were probably expecting big things this year under Conte but they look awful.

Kane looks sluggish and hes about to come into a busy October, then the World Cup and the over reliance from Southgate might kill the rest of his season.

I wonder if they're both starting to question themselves on why they stayed, they must look around and see the ****e surrounding them.
If I was Kane I'd be furious with myself for signing that new deal. He ruined his career by doing that, wasting his best years just to break some records without winning as much as a domestic cup.
If he didn't sign his life away to Levy it would likely be him at City right now instead of Haaland.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If I was Kane I'd be furious with myself for signing that new deal. He ruined his career by doing that, wasting his best years just to break some records without winning as much as a domestic cup.
If he didn't sign his life away to Levy it would likely be him at City right now instead of Haaland.

I do wonder how it must feel to be Kane and Son watching on as there peers rip it up at other clubs, winning trophies and getting accolades.

Especially Kane, in terms of pure goalscorers there isnt that much difference between him and Haaland, the pace Haaland offers, Kane can offer long distance shooting and build up play, point being Kane could slot into Man City in a different way but equally offer what Haaland has in terms of goals.

A season or two ago they must have went in thinking they are going to win something then each year what follows the feeling must feel less and less likely. They bring in Conte and you hope it may now click and then you see the dross and defensive football being played.

I bet the training sucks as well and is defensive based and difficult on the body.

It must be mentally draining to be at Tottenham for them both.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Kanes legs are gone. That’s the biggest problem in their attack. Not once does he run back the defence nowadays

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Kane hit 41 goals in all comps in 17-18.

Kane had his career season at 24.
Rooney had his career season at 24.
Messi had his career season at 24.
Henry had his career season at 26.
Aaron Ramsey had his career season at 23.
Theo Walcott had his career season at 23.

I could go on and on.
Rooney and Walcott are outliers, they started playing first team football at 16 and were done before they turned 30. Generally most players hit their peak between 23 and 30.

Gunner-Union

Kane will break the scoring record only for Haaland to smash it not long after

Malky

Established Member
Kanes legs are gone. That’s the biggest problem in their attack. Not once does he run back the defence nowadays
Thats the big issue - he shouldn't have to be doing that when the guy is pushing 30. Sp**s still have an elite goalscorer in Kane, they should play to his strengths to get the best out of him, instead they have him drop deep and play more like a midfielder.
Kane in Citys team still scores goals, same in our team he'd get an impressive amount with the chances we create. Sp**s current system just doesn't suit him.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Kane hit 41 goals in all comps in 17-18.

Kane had his career season at 24.
Rooney had his career season at 24.
Messi had his career season at 24.
Henry had his career season at 26.
Aaron Ramsey had his career season at 23.
Theo Walcott had his career season at 23.

I could go on and on.
I mean i said 22-24. I'm not convinced someone have 1 good season means they are peaking. Honestly though, 80% if not more are better players 26-30, than they are 22-26 in my opinion at least.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is a strange thing with that club. They are well situated, they have a comparatively large fanbase nationally, and now perhaps one of the best stadia in Europe.

However, historically, it is a barren place. They've had some excellent players throughout the years. They just can't seem to translate all of this into trophies. The easy Arsenal answer to this is that they are ****, but surely there must be food for a thesis in this. Why are they so unsuccessful?

TornadoTed

Established Member
It is a strange thing with that club. They are well situated, they have a comparatively large fanbase nationally, and now perhaps one of the best stadia in Europe.

However, historically, it is a barren place. They've had some excellent players throughout the years. They just can't seem to translate all of this into trophies. The easy Arsenal answer to this is that they are ****, but surely there must be food for a thesis in this. Why are they so unsuccessful?
They certainly have had some excellent players, Modric, Bale, Kane, Son over the last decade alone. They just don't have the money/pull/ambition/wage structure to surround those excellent players with more excellent or at least very good players. Look at them now, Kane and Son are both World class or at least borderline World class but then they have plumbers like Emerson Royal, Doherty, Dier etc. starting every week.

Having some World class individuals can win you a lot of games but over a season or a long cup run there will always be games where they have an off day or the oppositions game plan to stop them works. In those situations there just isn't enough quality elsewhere in the team to still do the business.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

They’ll win a domestic trophy eventually, it’s statistically improbable to have players of the quality of Kane and Son for almost a decade and not win anything, it’s bound to happen at some point.

On numerous occassions! but I was more thinking on a larger scale, ie London

Why???

Something Is Fishy GIF by One Chicago

Annie Potts Reaction GIF by CBS

Top Bottom