• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Another classic from my boy rob from r/coys.

I particularly like point 5.

Hot take...we are actually very well placed. 5 reasons why.​

I mean, its actually not at all a hot take as I think a lot of people feel the same. I personally think we are really well placed for the second half of the season. Here's why.
  1. Our position relative to injuries. We will finish this third of the season in 4th and having topped the UCL group. If you'd have offered that to us at start of season given the mad schedule I think we'd probably have taken it. Throw in the injuries and it's a minor miracle.
We've missed Romero who is key to passing out the back and generally our best defender, Deki who is key to our creativity and attack functioning, and Richarlison who is key to rotaing our front three, all for months. Throw in rotation options like Skipp, Doherty, and Lucas all missing half the season so far and we've run our starting 11 into the ground.

2. The recent settling of our new signings Bissouma and Perisic have looked quality last few games and should be primed to kick on after the WC. Bissouma has looked like the player we all thought we'd signed now he seems to have settled in and git some confidence. He's going to be a beast. 352 now looks a legit option provided we can buy a functioning RWB.....

3. January transfer window. This seems big as it feels like we are just missing in a few key areas to function like conte properly wants. Romeros and Kulu cover is a must as we've seen how hard it hits us, as well as a good RWB. Luckily by all accounts this is exactly what we are going to do, and the fact that there will be lots more movement than a normal Jan window, means we should be able to achieve it.

4. Conte teams do better post Xmas. This will be the most contentious one but there are several reports saying our training and conditioning is built around hitting the post Xmas period. If you look at Contes inter team when they won the league they started pretty well....but then after Xmas they just kept winning. It was actually similar to us where fans complained about the style being stodgy at the start and not clicking. And then after Xmas they just ground out win after win after win.

5. Our workload relative to others. If you look at the teams who are above us this season it comes as no suprise it's City who have a monster squad, Arsenal who have had an easy europa league group stage where you can rotate, and Newcastle who have had no midweek football. Just look at how many games Bentancur (20) and kane (23) have started this season versus Partey (12) and Jesus (15).
Now City's crazy squad depth isn't going to change, nor is newcastle not having European football. However Arsenal's ability to rotate midweek will go out the window in the europa knockout stages. They won't be able to get away with playing Nketieh and Rob holding, so it should start to take a similar toll on their squad as it has ours.

So there we go. That's my minor dissertation as to why we are pretty well placed for the second half of the season. And, world cup injuries permitting, can still kick on and do big things.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Also... dont forget to bookmark this.

Robhowardreg

Lads....I'm calling this now.
Our first 5 games after world cup are Brentford, Villa, Palace, Runners, Fulham
Runners are West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Us, Utd.
We will be above them in the league by end of Jan. Bookmark this.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Another classic from my boy rob from r/coys.

I particularly like point 5.

Astute analysis.

Though he does neglect to mention that, without mouth-breather Kane & fictional choirboy Son, they don't have a prayer in finishing 12th, let alone in the top half of the table :lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Also... dont forget to bookmark this.

Robhowardreg

Lads....I'm calling this now.
Our first 5 games after world cup are Brentford, Villa, Palace, Runners, Fulham
Runners are West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Us, Utd.
We will be above them in the league by end of Jan. Bookmark this.
I wouldn't get too over confident just yet sorry, we may have a few WC players injured for a few weeks, don't forget we haven't been finishing aswell as we should be with our chances we are creating. Also depends on how Man City go after the WC too.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This is a Sp**s fan mate. He is saying Tottenham have those fixtures (Brentford, Fulham, etc.), Arsenal have those fixtures (West Ham, Brighton, United, etc). Then he goes on to say that Sp**s will be ahead of Arsenal after those fixtures, at the end of January.

What do you say?

I say if he thinks those fixtures are kind their fanbase is more deluded than once thought possible :lol:

Brentford's ground is not an easy place to go to. A better team in United got battered there.

Had this been Gerrard's Villa, I'd concede defeat but Emery has experience in tw*tting Sp**s.

Selhurst Park is not an easy ground & I doubt Vieira will not want it just as much as we do.

If we play against them like we did last month, they'll be lucky to keep it to 1-3 at full time.

And Fulham are no mugs at Craven cottage.

Instead of bookmarking (or other activities that might be too strenuous for Sp**s supporters IQ's) he should focus on their tinpot club not falling further behind their betters :lol:

Haphazard

If our players don't play too many minutes and we avoid injuries and can get a decent january window we should be able to finish above them.

I do think they will be better 2nd half of the season but the reason they got into top 4 was more on us losing those games against Soton/brighton/palace.

Plus Kane their talisman will be the captain of England at the WC where you would expect at least a quarter final position and Richarlison will start for Brazil too so there is a much higher chance their players come back more tired in December.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Pretty sure he will miss it.

"Even if the position of the fractured bone has been held with plates and screws it still takes about six weeks for your cheekbone to heal completely. During this time you need to be careful to avoid an injury to this side of your face, since it may well push the cheekbone back out of position again. You should also avoid blowing your nose for two weeks following surgery because otherwise this can produce swelling in and around the eye."

"Depending on the nature of your work it may be necessary to take a fortnight or so off, and to avoid strenuous exercise for this time. Some sports with a high risk of facial injury should not be performed for up to three months."

Wow, this sounds risky. It's been one week after the injury, and it will be a bit over three weeks from the injury until South Korea's first game.

4,5 weeks until South Korea's last group game.

The article I shared in the first message says it needs 6 weeks to heal completely, but with certain sports should have even 3 month break.

Osimhen was out for 54 days with his face injury.

This sounds like the injury could become worse, although I understand the desire to play in the World Cup.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Last 16 of the Champions League exit for Sp**s I am hearing...

olivier-giroud-france.gif

I'm hearing that @GoonerJeeves has already booked the tickets

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I’ll leave the epic quote job to the pros but this has me feeling a bit aroused ngl

A never ending circle of nothing, year after year. If Conte can't get this club where we want it to be I don't know if we'll ever be successful. Something has gone seriously wrong so far this season, I really thought with the new additions plus the strong finish to last season we'd really push on but instead we seem to be going backwards.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When the last time these guys gone ahead in a game?

They played 8 players who started against Liverpool. Such pathetic result they also have absolutely nobody from thier academy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom