• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Conte was a failure at Sp**s, and has shown himself to be behind the top level managers in the world today.
There isnt even an argument for Conte being better than Mourinho, people need to recognise that.
One thing to call Conte a bumm another to hype that washed up fraud Mourinho up in the same breath. Conte is 100x the manager and has been for most of the last ten years

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One thing to call Conte a bumm another to hype that washed up fraud Mourinho up in the same breath. Conte is 100x the manager and has been for most of the last ten years

And you're about to see Conte enter that very same washed up phase if he doesnt get unlimited money to buy almost washed players for his teams.

Dont get it twisted, Conte is a knock off version of Mourinho, who is a few years behind.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
And you're about to see Conte enter that very same washed up phase.

Dont get it twisted, Conte is a knock off version of Mourinho, who is a few years behind.
Nah he won't just yet. He's overcome adversity at Inter for one which Mourinho never has in his career.

Conte gets **** players to perform way above their average another thing Mourinho never did. There's a massive gulf between them as it is.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nah he won't just yet. He's overcome adversity at Inter for one which Mourinho never has in his career.

Conte gets **** players to perform way above their average another thing Mourinho never did. There's a massive gulf between them as it is.

And Im saying give Mourinho the budget that Conte needs and you will see the difference between the two.

Conte focuses on an expired way of playing, with almost washed up players. Mourinho is similar with his old football, but he also studies you, nullifies you and punishes you in the process.

There is no contest.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho studies you, nullifies you and punishes you in the process
giphy.gif

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why? They’re a top 6 club in the best league, compete for CL places, pay the best wages etc.

Where else does Nagelsmann go? He’s not getting a top Spanish or English job atm, Sp**s is the best of the rest.

I don’t think he’s anything special either, looks a perfect marriage to me.
That is one way of looking at it.

To me it seems a graveyard for any manager in terms of trophies. If you also consider the rebuild that is needed, it does not seem an attractive proposition. There are limited funds to do that rebuild, and Levy is perhaps not the easiest to work with.

Then again, if he wins the Carabeo there, he'll be a Sp**s legend, that's something to be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That is one way of looking at it.

To me it seems a graveyard for any manager in terms of trophies. If you also consider the rebuild that is needed, it does not seem an attractive proposition. There are limited funds to do that rebuild, and Levy is perhaps not the easiest to work with.

Then again, if he wins the Carabeo there, he'll be a Sp**s legend, that's something to be.
Do all managers go there to win trophies? I think some will just see it as a platform before they go to better things.

Nagelsmann has to rebuild, Sp**s is perfect. Their fans aren’t even asking for trophies atm, they just want to see good football. Conte is right, there is no pressure at Sp**s.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Do all managers go there to win trophies? I think some will just see it as a platform before they go to better things.

Nagelsmann has to rebuild, Sp**s is perfect. Their fans aren’t even asking for trophies atm, they just want to see good football. Conte is right, there is no pressure at Sp**s.
Yes, I guess he could see it as a stepping stone. In that sense it could make sense.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Say what you want about Conte, he came in and got them back in the CL, they are top 4 now despite the club seemingly being in a crisis this season etc.

The fan base is split, some want the owners out and blame them, the other half blame Conte for not getting more out of the squad etc.

I think the club should hire a young manager with the plan of spending on younger talent, rejuvenate the team and playing style. Make it a fun team pushing for 4th. Not sure they are capable of more atm.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
How many managers in the past 20 years have left Sp**s with an improved reputation?

Pochettino and maybe at a push Redknapp.

Santini, Jol, Ramos, Villas-Boas, Sherwood, Mourinho, Conte, all taken big hits.

Sp**s just aren't a club to go to if you're trying to build a reputation or keep the one you've got high.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't know how people can say for certainty Conte is finished. His job prior to Sp**s he left as Serie A winner. Then came in and got Sp**s top 4 after a very poor start to the season, this season they're still in with a shout, at best you can say he's not improved them as much as he should given the backing he received. But I don't think you can jump to the conclusion he's definitely finished based off Sp**s. He's achieved more than any Sp**s managers have in decades outwith Redknapp and Pochettino.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So Spursy fans have changed their mentality from “we want a serial winnaaa like Conte or Mourinho” to “there’s no pressure to win anything. We want a long term plan”

It seems as if our fantastic progress this season looks like it’s shaping their recruitment plans for a new manager but they have to realise we’re not cut from the same cloth. We won the FA Cup three years ago and during that timeframe they’ve had Mourinho, Mason, Nuno Espirito-Santos, Conte and potentially Nagelsmann. The scattergun approach reeks of desperation.

Anyways, I just can’t see their misfortunes changing under Nagelsmann especially with an aging squad. They’ll have a better chance if Levy gives him the keys to a complete rebuild like Arteta but it won’t happen. They’ll continue to recruit poorly and win nothing.

These b*ms really signed Emerson Royal (30M), Djed Spence (20M) and Pedro Porro (44M) who all occupy the same position when they could have strengthened other areas of the pitch. I think it’ll take Nagelsmann a while to fix the mess that Mourinho/Conte have left at Sp**s.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How many managers in the past 20 years have left Sp**s with an improved reputation?

Pochettino and maybe at a push Redknapp.

Santini, Jol, Ramos, Villas-Boas, Sherwood, Mourinho, Conte, all taken big hits.

Sp**s just aren't a club to go to if you're trying to build a reputation or keep the one you've got high.
Most of them were poor appointments who were on the back foot from the beginning.

Conte hasn’t taken a big hit, he maintained CL and will go into a top Italian job, rumours of Juventus.

Black240

Most of them were poor appointments who were on the back foot from the beginning.

Conte hasn’t taken a big hit, he maintained CL and will go into a top Italian job, rumours of Juventus.
I do think his reputation has taken a hit, albeit not terminal. I was worried when he went to Sp**s. An 'elite' manager reputation, and Levy knew he would have to spend for him, which he did. However, whilst it has not been a disaster, I suspect Levy and their fans don't beleive his tenure to have been a roaring success. Getting 4th again looks fragile. The style of play is dreary and they concede a lot of goals (40 to date in the pl). He also comes across as petulant, blames everyone else when things go wrong and seems sulky. I think he has been lucky that Pool and Chelsea have been sh*t this year, or they could be looking at 7th'ish. A 'top' manager? Maybe. An 'elite' manager? Not for me. He's not Klopp / Pep standard. The shine is looking a bit tarnished.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom