• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Looks like Sp**s will be exciting next season

They’ll be, with Son possibly coming back to form as well.

Keen to see how Ange adapts his high tempo style in the premier league. Especially with a Sp**s team who are more accustomed to counterattacking football above all else

Let's play Aubamawang

Grim reading for Kane if he really thinks he will win something with Sp**s. Biological clock is ticking now. Does he want to beat Shearer's record with Sp**s, or beat it with another team more likely to challenge for silverware? Seems a no-brainer to me.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Everyone keeps saying how good a coach he is but he's never managed a decent team?
From what I’ve seen he’s your typical no nonsense Aussie. Might work with a bunch of part time plumbers in Scotland but a bunch of PL footballers aren’t having him.

Just had a read of what Celtic fans think and one of them thinks the City football group have told him to take the Sp**s job for experience and then he’ll replace Pep.

GoonerfromKz

Player:Trossard
If Sp**s sell Kane and get the Aussie fella they’ll go down.

Leicester finished 8th in 21/22, Sp**s look just as bad, they’re an absolute mess.
Yes, hopefully, all stars align and Sp**s follow the Foxes into the Championship next year. Would not mind them becoming top six of the Championship :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

From what I’ve seen he’s your typical no nonsense Aussie. Might work with a bunch of part time plumbers in Scotland but a bunch of PL footballers aren’t having him.

Just had a read of what Celtic fans think and one of them thinks the City football group have told him to take the Sp**s job for experience and then he’ll replace Pep.

Surely they won't be eyeing up this mess? Sounds like a Dyche x Fat Sam love child.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Probably that Hooplehead bloke that posted in here the time of the Tierney saga. Special kind of deluded if I recall.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Celtic fans were lukewarm to him initially but he has won them over to the point they are desperate for him not to leave. When he went to Celtic they were inferior to Rangers and he has restored dominance to Celtic. Ive also seen Rangers fans desperate for him to leave. You see the movement of Celtic and its very good, but it could be a mirage given they are comically stronger relative to the rest of the league.

People are saying that he is 57 and only cracked European football 2 years ago, therefore he musnt be good. I would refrain from that, he does have an unorthodox background managing club football in Australia, the Australian national team, club football in Japan and now in Scotland, but those experiences can build a manager.

I would be careful about writing him off. He has won a trophy in his last 5 jobs. Won titles with Celtic. Won the Japanese top division. The Asian cup with Australia which is the Asian Euro's, and before that title with two clubs in Australia.

He is the kind of X factor, high risk high reward appointment that concerns me. I would be less worried about Sp**s if they kept it safe and went for Potter or Brendon Rodgers.

SA Gunner

Celtic fans were lukewarm to him initially but he has won them over to the point they are desperate for him not to leave. When he went to Celtic they were inferior to Rangers and he has restored dominance to Celtic. Ive also seen Rangers fans desperate for him to leave. You see the movement of Celtic and its very good, but it could be a mirage given they are comically stronger relative to the rest of the league.

People are saying that he is 57 and only cracked European football 2 years ago, therefore he musnt be good. I would refrain from that, he does have an unorthodox background managing club football in Australia, the Australian national team, club football in Japan and now in Scotland, but those experiences can build a manager.

I would be careful about writing him off. He has won a trophy in his last 5 jobs. Won titles with Celtic. Won the Japanese top division. The Asian cup with Australia which is the Asian Euro's, and before that title with two clubs in Australia.

He is the kind of X factor, high risk high reward appointment that concerns me. I would be less worried about Sp**s if they kept it safe and went for Potter or Brendon Rodgers.

Those who dismiss Postecoglou because he simply isnt a big name or is 57, simply do not know football. A lot of them are Sp**s fans as well.

Ange is the best manager they will get since Potchettino, and I have a suspicion he would do more for Sp**s than Potch has done for them too. He plays direct football, but with a lot of JDP principles, that is a dangerous combination.

Sp**s will do well if they bring him in, back him and hold onto Kane for the season.

SA Gunner

Speaking of Kane, I think Madrid will come at them hard now. That would be a blow to their hopes for CL football 24/25.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I posted it in another thread, there was a video of what went wrong for Poch at Sp**s and looking back it's crazy that they never properly built on getting 86 points in 2017. That's life under Levy, they had overachieved so he thought they could relax a bit. They spent a bit but it wasn't anything significant. Their depth was a major issue only areas they had real depth was Lamela and Wanyama as backups (or Dier when Wanyama was starting a lot) and the FB areas but that summer they sold Walker so that went out the window.

Poch managed to keep them top 4 and even get them to a CL final in 2019 but their squad from 2016-2019 remain largely unchanged barring the loss of Walker and Lucas Moura coming in and it just became stale. Their next desperate effort was that Mourinho could sprinkle some of his magic from a decade prior on Sp**s to get them firing, a few ok-ish signings was nowhere near enough and in the end he couldn't work his magic. Obviously Conte came in and got a lot out of them, a poor window and things not improving led to a falling out and here we are. Every manager worth his salt knows there is no progression with Levy and there's a ceiling that's almost impossible to break. For all their flaws, when you see managers like Poch, Mourinho and Conte all "fail" in the end and all given the blame basically it's no wonder so many managers just don't fancy it any more. There used to be a caveat with Sp**s that you could be the one to finally achieve something but now everyone has woken up to the reality of the situation.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I posted it in another thread, there was a video of what went wrong for Poch at Sp**s and looking back it's crazy that they never properly built on getting 86 points in 2017. That's life under Levy, they had overachieved so he thought they could relax a bit. They spent a bit but it wasn't anything significant. Their depth was a major issue only areas they had real depth was Lamela and Wanyama as backups (or Dier when Wanyama was starting a lot) and the FB areas but that summer they sold Walker so that went out the window.

Poch managed to keep them top 4 and even get them to a CL final in 2019 but their squad from 2016-2019 remain largely unchanged barring the loss of Walker and Lucas Moura coming in and it just became stale. Their next desperate effort was that Mourinho could sprinkle some of his magic from a decade prior on Sp**s to get them firing, a few ok-ish signings was nowhere near enough and in the end he couldn't work his magic. Obviously Conte came in and got a lot out of them, a poor window and things not improving led to a falling out and here we are. Every manager worth his salt knows there is no progression with Levy and there's a ceiling that's almost impossible to break. For all their flaws, when you see managers like Poch, Mourinho and Conte all "fail" in the end and all given the blame basically it's no wonder so many managers just don't fancy it any more. There used to be a caveat with Sp**s that you could be the one to finally achieve something but now everyone has woken up to the reality of the situation.
Poch over achieved for his spend, but for some reason neither owners or fans seem to understand this stuff.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom