• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Tottenham

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Honestly it did look like they were unlucky from the highlights. Also 75% of the possession, twice the chances.

I watched the entire game, they werent unlucky at all.

West Ham were poor in the first half, really poor. Then Moyes must have g'd them up or something because second half they were a different team, closing down, hustling Tottenham etc.

It was a fair result, yes the goals were a bit comical but still. Some of the Tottenham players were also awful; Son, Kukuwhatever, Johnson, offered zero threat.

Tottenham have a lot of possession but it really doesnt amount to much.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They dont even play that good football. The only reason they get praised on here is because certain posters like to be edgy sometimes.

You can't say they don't play good football. He has implemented positional football in a short space of time. They look easy on the eye going forward. Not going to be mad at them for getting excited after their previous managers. Ffs we were signing 'we've got our Arsenal back after Fulham away".

However the title talk, the talk of them being on our level was insane. They have no depth at all. They have no foundation and there was no acknowledgement in how they were unbeaten. The luck, the opposition they have faced etc.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Finally Sp**s play some Angeball. Fast, short forward passing (like a wave moving forward) and then cutbacks from the box. First time they have played it at Sp**s. They should have won at least 6 - 1.

They have scored first goal in last 6 games, but lost 4 of those and drew 1. It is a problem with Ange teams that there is a big drop off in 2nd half. If you looked at the stats at Celtic between 55-75th minute they would drop off significantly as players tire. Thinks its happening at Sp**s too, and given the high risk nature, errors lead to goals. Difference is opposition were not good enough in Scotland to take advantage of it. Needs to improve the squad so you can make changes without the drop off.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Actually incredible how overrated Romero is. How can a player be getting "best CB in the league/world" shouts that should've gotten his second red of the season almost immidiately after finishing serving his suspension for his first? That would've been another 4 games out. In my book, a quality CB should have the discipline not to miss almost 1/5th of the league season due to suspenion.

Malky

Established Member
Actually incredible how overrated Romero is. How can a player be getting "best CB in the league/world" shouts that should've gotten his second red of the season almost immidiately after finishing serving his suspension for his first? That would've been another 4 games out. In my book, a quality CB should have the discipline not to miss almost 1/5th of the league season due to suspenion.
The best defenders stay on their feet, Romero is always diving into challenges because his positioning is poor and also because he's an idiot. Best CB in the league, yet he's just back from a 3 game suspension, two games played and he's on two yellows already.
The sad thing is i've seen Sp**s fans that love him because he's so aggresive, completely unaware that a defender like that, more often than not, will cost you games, which he already has against Chelsea.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Think VDV is a level better than him at such a young age already. He is the one I would get excited by if I was a Sp**s fan. Romero gets way too many cards and can get caught out over committing when he goes in so aggresively

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Romero is a good player, but like @MartiSaka says, Van Der Wen is already better than him as a kid :lol:

Being a good defender has less to do with aggression these days, composure is a very important aspect of your play in addition to being able to defend and attack as well. Romero does not have the necessary composure in key moments, and Im not even referring to his bozo moments in the box which he seems to cause a lot of. I do think its harsh to blame him for those bozo moments because those things happen in football. But it does make me laugh when I see them.

If Sp**s want to become a controlling side, like the top sides in the league, they need to upgrade on Romero as a starter.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Vicario
Porro Romero Ven Udogie
Sarr Bissouma/New CM
Kulu Maddison Son
Johnson/New Striker

They could be something cooking down Tinpottenham lane uno

TornadoTed

Established Member
I just read this in an article by Chris Sutton about Sean Dyche and nearly spit out my tea,

"Right now, there is a decent argument for Sean Dyche to be manager of the season alongside Ange Postecoglou and Unai Emery"

Dyche I get, doing an outstanding job in difficult circumstances, Emery I get, getting Villa punching well above their weight and challenging for top 4 but what the hell has Ange achieved exactly except for playing some entertaining but ultimately football that's going to win **** all.

I really liked Ange at Celtic but the media constantly fawning over him this season is really putting me off the guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom