• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Conte's not wrong in anything he says but it's totally unprofessional for him to say stuff like that to the media.

Maybe the players are selfish but a manager who comes out and publicly throws his guys under the bus to protect his own reputation is also selfish.

He's a knob tbh.
I think the interesting question is why?

You rarely see managers do this. Is it to provoke a sacking to gather the severance payment? I think that is too simple an answer. Is it to rouse the club to the problems? I don't know. Tottenham needs something like this, but the problems are deep, and they are cultural. The latter word widely derided here at AM, but at Tottenham, that is definitly the case.

This is a club of failure, with a culture of failure.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Conte's not wrong in anything he says but it's totally unprofessional for him to say stuff like that to the media.

Maybe the players are selfish but a manager who comes out and publicly throws his guys under the bus to protect his own reputation is also selfish.

He's a knob tbh.
Yes he being paid more than most clubs managers he shouldn't talk like that. But to me he trying to get sacked by doing that it increases his chances

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think the interesting question is why?

You rarely see managers do this. Is it to provoke a sacking to gather the severance payment? I think that is too simple an answer. Is it to rouse the club to the problems? I don't know. Tottenham needs something like this, but the problems are deep, and they are cultural. The latter word widely derided here at AM, but at Tottenham, that is definitly the case.

This is a club of failure, with a culture of failure.

I don't think he's trying to get sacked or cares about turning the ship around at Sp**s.

I think he wants the whole football world ( including his next club) to know that he hasn't lost it as a manager, it's Sp**s dragging him down to their level.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Here's the thing with this "serial elite winner".

When Sp**s do well, its his genius management.
When they stumble and fail its everyone but him.

Rubbish, Jose Mourinho cheap copy of a manager.
Don't think he ever said anything about his genius management? He's a dickhead but he's never come across anywhere as arrogant as that narcissist Mourinho.

He was a serial winner before he went to Sp**s, proper dumb decision to go there.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
On their 'Glory-Glory' forum they are actually debating if the club is cursed:lol:

"..Exactly, it’s a curse, there is nothing else that makes sense, we keep hiring the best managers in the game, signing players with incredible potential, and it always ends in tears."
The word Tottenham is actually derived from an ancient word in biblical times that cast a curse of drought.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm surprised @A_G isn't here doing victory laps yet. One of the few that saw through Conte.

Half this forum were creaming themselves over wanting Conte here so he could bring in the wonderkids Ashley Young and Victor Moses as FB's, no too long ago.

Not me, SA, AG and a handful of others though.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think he's trying to get sacked or cares about turning the ship around at Sp**s.

I think he wants the whole football world ( including his next club) to know that he hasn't lost it as a manager, it's Sp**s dragging him down to their level.
It's difficult to say. Sp**s is a managerial graveyard. Perhaps he thought he could chance that, and this is the "I regret coming here" interview. Conte is a solid manager, but all managers have come a cropper there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What's most funny to me is how their fans turn their noses up at a coach like De Zerbi, calling him "flavour of the month".

Shows you the lack of football understanding, even at a basic level.

Even Ange Postecoglou. I’ve seen their fans give him the same treatment which is quite funny as he’s a serial winner and has won something at pretty much every club he’s managed.

I’m glad their fanbase lacks common sense as I wouldn’t like to see free flowing Ange ball at Tottenham.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'm surprised @A_G isn't here doing victory laps yet. One of the few that saw through Conte.

Half this forum were creaming themselves over wanting Conte here so he could bring in the wonderkids Ashley Young and Victor Moses as FB's, no too long ago.

Not me, SA, AG and a handful of others though.
Tough times for the Conte/Allegri/Simeone/Mourinho gang.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Holy sh1t he's ripping them apart.

I might become a Contesexual after all.
I became a little contesexual when he told the reporters in news conference he told the ref he wanted F his whole family and got a multimatch ban. Plus after CL debacle it was fun to wind up Arteta fans with Conte. Boy they hated the comparison. @SA Gunner and @drippin could be whipped into a frenzy of multi-paragraph posts with data and everything all you had to do was say Conte won 5 league titles with 3 clubs in 2 top leagues. Good times.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Don't think he ever said anything about his genius management? He's a dickhead but he's never come across anywhere as arrogant as that narcissist Mourinho.

He was a serial winner before he went to Sp**s, proper dumb decision to go there.
Why he will make 25 million in two years and will leave with his reputation in tact. It is Sp**s who look stupid everyone in football knows they don’t spend enough to win in England. Jose said it, Poc experienced it, and Conte said the same thing. They paid him like a big manager and he did his job competently

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The press conference idea is even better than the quotes. After Conte rants for two minutes straight, the press officer sheepishly says “last one please guys thank you”. He wanted to get tf out of there.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure Harry Kane would want to stay amidst this circus. Not sure Conte said anything people didn’t know, but when the coach does this, there‘s no taking it back . Not sure how Sp**s cannot fire Conte now, after he’s laid this all out in public.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure Harry Kane would want to stay amidst this circus. Not sure Conte said anything people didn’t know, but when the coach does this, there‘s no taking it back . Not sure how Sp**s cannot fire Conte now, after he’s laid this all out in public.
They will not fire him (Conte), the payout is too large. They will ramble on till his contract goes out.

For me, the biggest question is: When will Sp**s fulfill their potential? League Cup in 2008, Fa Cup in 1991, the League in 1961, that is a shocking return for a sizable club in London.

Top Bottom