• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The best part is that their best team ever (16/17) are very close to being out performed by this team of average players. In almost every single metric of measurement. The only area where Potchetino's best comes close, is defensively. With them conceding 26 goals in their best season ever. And for context, City's best team 17/18 conceded 27 goals, and Liverpool's best ever conceded 33 goals. This demonstrates the nature of football Potchettino's Sp**s were focused on.

The second answer you copied, below this quote, is the answer. That one asking the question, doesnt understand anything about football and how it actually works.

What you are seeing from that fan, and many many others out in the football world... Is how clueless they are when it comes to football, and how you actually build a winning team.

For most of those dummies out there... it can only be... most money spent = most success.

They're just blinkered, bitter fools.

It'd do them good to cheer us on. It might lend some gloss to their joke reputation by putting on a united North London front :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They're just blinkered, bitter fools.

It'd do them good to cheer us on. It might lend some gloss to their joke reputation by putting on a united North London front :lol:

They dont even realise that bringing back Potchetino, and even backing him will not be enough for them to really compete with the elite.

Unless Potch has adapted his management techniques and added more variety to his game, like you see from the likes of De Zerbi now, will they continue to only compete for top 4 at the very best.

The game is moving very quickly. You have to continuosly adapt or you will fall behind. This is what Ferguson did so well over his career at United, continuosly refresh and adapt playing ideas to stay relevant.

Henry boi

Because their 16/17 team was good?
In what way
Did they win anything
What actually made them good, how can we measure that,
Yeah they were decent but they talk about them like they are the invincibles, peak Barca, 08 United or recent Real you know? TEAMS who were Actually good lol.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
They absolutely should not have finished ahead of us in 2006.

They were basically playing once a week all season that year, think they went out of both cups very early too.

While we had a TON of injuries (was like Liverpool in 2021) and still managed to deservedly get 4th, play WAY better football than them (check the goal difference that season) and get to a Champions League final (and we actually played well in our European run in 2006, Sp**s' were lucky as ****)

Sp**s are pure ****e mate, just say it...proper bunch of pussies that live on excuses, and can't deal with the pressure of trying to win.

Since the Prem began in 1992, they have only one more English trophy than Swansea City...and they ain't even really English, ffs!

But they would have done if not for food poisoning is the point

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
In what way
Did they win anything
What actually made them good, how can we measure that,
Yeah they were decent but they talk about them like they are the invincibles, peak Barca, 08 United or recent Real you know? TEAMS who were Actually good lol.

They got more points than any team we had between Invinsibles and this season, touch wood. That's a very good side, unless you think all our sides in the interim were ****

bastun

Player:Saka
I have a geniune question if someone can explain to me. I hear a lot of Sp**s fan moan about levy and want him gone. Weren't they worse before him ? I mean their entire history is one big mediocrity. Shouldn't they be happy for fighting top 4 and having a brand new stadium ?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I have a geniune question if someone can explain to me. I hear a lot of Sp**s fan moan about levy and want him gone. Weren't they worse before him ? I mean their entire history is one big mediocrity. Shouldn't they be happy for fighting top 4 and having a brand new stadium ?

The problem with Sp**s is that they think they are a bigger club than they actually are.

They are perfectly fine competing for top 4. But because they want to be seen as equals to Arsenal, do they think the world is falling down.

This is a good season for them, they've had a lot of investment and the best start in PL history. Most importantly, they are still in with a shout for CL football.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Absolute bullshit post! They won the league in 1961! 😂

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Any chance they go for Rogers as their next managers? One can at least dream!

spongebob squarepants lol GIF

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I think with Sp**s, the issues are that the recruitment has been bad and the manager planning has been poor. Under Poch when they were reaching 86 points season they stopped investing IIRC and flogged some of their best players. They had a real opportunity to push on then or at least solidify themselves as a top team. Then they sack him only a few months after he's taken them to a CL final because he's doing poorly. Then they pick up an anti-football checkbook manager who is known to fall out with players and it all goes wrong. They then replace him with another anti-football checkbook manager who is known to fall out with players and it all goes wrong again. All while winning nothing in the process.

Also football fans of today don't realise that the whole 'there is only 2-3 big clubs in England' is a bit of a nonsense historically. Football pre PL era was much more of a level playing field. You had newly promoted teams winning the league, see Blackburn, Leeds and Notts Forrest.

In that context Sp**s are historically one of the biggest clubs in the country. From 81-91 they won 2 FA Cups and a UEFA Cup - which was very hard to win, arguably as hard as the European Cup in some years. They've had champaigne footballers over the years like like Hoddle, Waddle, Gascoigne, Linekar, Klinnsman, Modric, Bale and Kane

The other thing is to pretend they are none entity doesn't square with the fact they currently generate more revenue than Arsenal. Which probably changes when we get back into the CL. But all the same.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This game is pretty poor to be honest! Yes, there have been some decent chances and high tempo, but quite a bit of lack of quality.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The problem with Sp**s is that they think they are a bigger club than they actually are.

They are perfectly fine competing for top 4. But because they want to be seen as equals to Arsenal, do they think the world is falling down.

This is a good season for them, they've had a lot of investment and the best start in PL history. Most importantly, they are still in with a shout for CL football.

Being big is all relative. They are big if you compare them to West Ham, Fulham, Brentford & Chelsea (before they won the lottery).

The problem with Sp**s, both club hierarchy & fans, is that they think they can stand on an equal footing with Arsenal which is obscenely laughable :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom