• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lets rate our 2021 summer transfer window.

How do you rate our transfer business this summer?

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We signed Cazorla, Giroud, Podoldki and Monreal one summer.

2 elite players in Santi and Nacho, one top German international player in Podolski, and a cheap left field guy in Giroud who had just won the title in France.

All cheap in their day too.
Once again another top posting from.

You've rolled back the years this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think it was top and smart transfer window most media and us included weren't convinced about the acquisitions specially near 75m for White and Ramsdale but both settled quickly and were part of 9 clean sheets from 16 games.

8/10 so far. 140m well spent on 6 players.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Still a meh window for me as we've managed to run down Lacazette and Nketiah, with Auba exiled. We literally have no long-term senior striking option and Tammy Abraham would've looked nice in red. Midfield is still a mess. Many of our players under contract and on loan elsewhere have seen their values depreciate by more than 50%. All in all... our actual players brought in that have gone into the XI have performed well, however I want to see more background. Our season can change in an instant with a few bad results.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Incoming it looks to have been a fantastic window. By and large players hit the ground running and its gave us a long term platform and narrowed the focus on the last few elements of the jig saw. Outgoing it was a disappointment. We are still stuck with a bloated squad. Lads like Elneny, Chambers, AMN need to move on.

Wiltord's left boot

Incoming it looks to have been a fantastic window. By and large players hit the ground running and its gave us a long term platform and narrowed the focus on the last few elements of the jig saw. Outgoing it was a disappointment. We are still stuck with a bloated squad. Lads like Elneny, Chambers, AMN need to move on.
Is it unfair to criticise the club with regards to outgoings in the summer though? I mean they can go only sell if someone comes in with a decent offer. From the reports it seemed like Roma were offering peanuts for Xhaka and Everton wanted to loan AMN.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

@Wiltord's left boot i think its a fair criticism. We are about to loan AMN out so why not do it 6 months ago? Chambers and Elneny have historically been loaned out so it shouldn't have been impossible to get them moved on - even temporarily. So yeah i think we could have done more.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@Wiltord's left boot i think its a fair criticism. We are about to loan AMN out so why not do it 6 months ago? Chambers and Elneny have historically been loaned out so it shouldn't have been impossible to get them moved on - even temporarily. So yeah i think we could have done more.
The time to cash in was the summer of 2020:

This is right up there with rejecting a £20m bid for Chambers in 2017

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ornstein said it's "under 20 million pounds", which is quite elusive. First offer was 15 million, so I doubt they raised by 5 million straight away.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ornstein said it's "under 20 million pounds", which is quite elusive. First offer was 15 million, so I doubt they raised by 5 million straight away.
£15m + possible add-ons that would take it to 20.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Definitely, although I don't think anyone expected him to get frozen out not long after given how well he was playing. One of Arteta's strangest decisions.

drippin

Definitely, although I don't think anyone expected him to get frozen out not long after given how well he was playing. One of Arteta's strangest decisions.
I think it might be related to what Arteta has demanded, for bench players to keep humble and keep working, not to sulk. AMN seems like a fella who will sulk if benched.

I'm not saying it's always right way, just explaining what might have happened.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think it might be related to what Arteta has demanded, for bench players to keep humble and keep working, not to sulk. AMN seems like a fella who will sulk if benched.

I'm not saying it's always right way, just explaining what might have happened.

Yeah I think it's probably one that something has happened behind the scenes. You don't turn down decent money, convince someone to stay and then freeze them out without a reason I guess.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Wiltord's left boot

I don't doubt there were opportunities before the summer window to move these players out. But I am taking the summer window in isolation.

Regarding loaning AMN in January, I would imagine that a midfield player has become available for us, that maybe wasn't in the last week of the summer window. We shall see!

Reactions: A_G

drippin

Yeah I think it's probably one that something has happened behind the scenes. You don't turn down decent money, convince someone to stay and then freeze them out without a reason I guess.
AMN is a low wage backup player who can play multiple positions, and he had 3 years left.

You can also choose no to sell to a EPL opponent for cheap to strenghten them. Earlier season Wolves finished above us.

The expectation also likely was that these covid issues would go away, and get a better market.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Did I say so? I'm saying I trust Ornstein more, and what makes sense logically.
Why is what the Guardian reported illogical? Offering £5m extra in add-ons is perfectly reasonable after the initial £15m bid.

drippin

Why is what the Guardian reported illogical? Offering £5m extra in add-ons is perfectly reasonable after the initial £15m bid.
I would expect something like 3 million raise for such an first bid.

For a 30 million offer 5 million next bid makes more sense.

Ornstein said "under 20".

Latest posts

Top Bottom