• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
An undeniable fact, especially as we were losing on 88 minutes and went on to win 1:3. No mean mean achievement, especially without Lloris, Rose, Wanyama and Kane, 4 players that would start in a full strength Sp**s side
Yes explain that you got good squad too I thought you gonna struggle with goals without Kane

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Point taken. The financial rewards for being good at football are very minor, therefore there's no competition to be good at football. Also, being a good team has nothing to do with consistency and should be evaluated on a game by game basis. Mentality and will to win under pressure are also irrelevant. Swansea can never play football well, they just ended up in the Premier League by random chance and they've never beaten a good team. They aren't fit to lace the boots of Ludogorets and this entire forum wasn't creaming their pants when that less time-pressured comeback win was achieved. No top teams ever drop points to teams who are 18th or below at a specified point during the season. Gaining a high position in the Premier League is easy and just about anyone could round up a few people from a pub and get them there. Straw man arguments are very informative in debating football and aren't the sign of delusional, irrational, biased thinking.

Last edited:

Rocky

What are you even talking about?

I've commented on a single game and nothing else, no need for that passive-aggressive butthurtness of yours.

You want unbiased opinions in life?
Good luck with finding them, especially on a Football board.

I'm talking about your bad opinion.

I wasn't butthurt or passive aggressive. I told you that I think your opinion is delusional and you were the one who got butthurt and passive-aggressive by trying to pretend that a very good comeback win with 2 minutes of normal time remaining wasn't an achievement on the arbitrary basis that Swansea haven't had a great season and lost to Arsenal. I pointed out that I disagree and gave a number of reasons why. I don't see anybody comparing them to the Man Utd's treble winning side or the Invincibles, but a good comeback win is an achievement, especially in the context of a very good season and a team that has bottled on many occasions. Anyone who says it isn't is being deluded and I proved that above. At least you've basically almost admitted that your claim was based on bias.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
You can praise them all you like, but a team that's sitting in second place for large parts of the season is expected to win away at a side battling relegation, period.

You could make a case for why they even got into the position of being 1-0 down until the 88th minute, but you decide to praise them for what they made of it in the end - fair enough. I just don't see it as that big an achievement.

Whether that opinion is "bad" in your eyes doesn't bother me to be honest. What bothers me more is posters like you who start a debate by posting a single word, and then throw out essays trying to claim the moral high ground.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
An undeniable fact, especially as we were losing on 88 minutes and went on to win 1:3. No mean achievement, especially without Lloris, Rose, Wanyama and Kane, 4 players that would start in a full strength Sp**s side

I get the feeling if you guys do what you normally do and finish below us again we won't be seeing you post around here very often. You're obviously excited about the form your teams in ATM, but you've achieved nothing yet. Like the last 50-odd years.

Rocky

You can praise them all you like, but a team that's sitting in second place for large parts of the season is expected to win away at a side battling relegation, period.

You could make a case for why they even got into the position of being 1-0 down until the 88th minute, but you decide to praise them for what they made of it in the end - fair enough. I just don't see it as that big an achievement.

Whether that opinion is "bad" in your eyes doesn't bother me to be honest. What bothers me more is posters like you who start a debate by posting a single word, and then throw out essays trying to claim the moral high ground.

For a start - them being (very clear) second in the table in the first place is a minor miracle which was almost unthinkable as recently as early last season. Only one team in the league doesn't envy them that, including numerous teams with bigger budgets and less games to play.

Indeed they are expected to win the game. If you strip context entirely away from a situation, then you can reach the conclusion you want to reach. We all know it was a very good achievement in context. Winning games against lower opposition in this league is often very hard. Chelsea lost at home to Palace. Let alone at 1-0 down with 88 minutes on the clock, without a top striker, left-back, goalkeeper and midfielder from the first 11.

I call an opinion bad if it seems to be based on bias rather than evidence and reasoning, and yes I do think it's possible to discuss football rationally, without bias - it's even possible for someone to say that Sp**s are, as they clearly are, a very good football team and not be instantly accused of supporting them. That's what's so annoying about that rubbish - the idea that opinions on football cannot be independent of bias.

Your point on my one word post is probably fair but I called it as I saw it and didn't see much need to elaborate. Let's just be honest though. It was a bloody good win and any other opinion is deluded I'm afraid.

carlito'sway

Established Member
For a start - them being (very clear) second in the table the first place is a minor miracle which was almost unthinkable as recently as early last season. Only one team in the league doesn't envy them that, including numerous teams with bigger budgets and less games to play.

Indeed they are expected to win the game. If you strip context entirely away from a situation, then you can reach the conclusion you want to reach. We all know it was a very good achievment in context. Winning games against lower opposition in this league is often very hard. Chelsea lost at home to Palace. Let alone at 1-0 down with 88 minutes on the clock, without a top striker, left-back, goalkeeper and midfielder from the first 11.

I call out an opinion as bad if it seems to be based on bias rather than evidence and reasoning, and yes I do think it's possible to discuss football rationally, without bias - it's even possible for someone to say that Sp**s are, as they clearly are, a very good football team and not be instantly accused of supporting them. That's what's so annoying about that rubbish - the idea that opinions on football cannot be independent of bias.

Your point on my one word post is probably fair but I called it as I saw it and didn't see much need to elaborate. Let's just be honest though. It was a bloody good win and any other opinion is deluded I'm afraid.

Mate, you made some good points so just leave it there. No need to call other opinion "deluded"or whathaveyou.... By doing so, yo just add some unwanted toxicity to the debate. Totally uncalled for!

Rocky

Mate, you made some good points so just leave it there. No need to call other opinion "deluded"or whathaveyou.... By doing so, yo just add some unwanted toxicity to the debate. Totally uncalled for!

Maybe it is a bit harsh actually. But again in the context of having been systematically (and boringly) subjected to the insistence that I must support a football team based on my opinion of that team....

Top Bottom