Let's still all laugh at Tottenham

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Biggus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Exactly, Tottenham clearly didn't rate him very highly either considering the amount of times he was sent on loan.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

3. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

The difference is that no one really expects anything from Spuds, because they have won so little throughout history; their last league title is 57 years ago.

That in general people expect more from us is a testimony that Arsenal is a much bigger club, although sadly Spuds are the better team currently. Things can change quickly, though. If they lose Kane and don't replace him properly we'll catch up to them instantly.

4. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Yeah but why did people expect things from us in the banter years? We couldn't afford to buy anyone yet were constantly slated for not competing.

I've long since realised that opinions in football are pointless, people will say what they want.

At the end of the day sport is a results business, and where it matters on the pitch they've still finished above us only once since I've been a fan and haven't won anything in a decade.

All this "pride of England" and Pochettino the genius spin put out by the media will never change that. Ask any Spurs fan if they'd swap them being a "solid, tough team" for one of our FA Cups and they'd bite your hand off.

No one other than Spurs fans will remember the great PL challenge of 2016/17 in ten years time.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  5. marblehallstv

marblehallstv New Member

smaller club. we have higher standards, they don't demand success like we do. in the banter years, we still challenged for the league but bottled it in key moments. 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014. they've only had one league challenge (2016, i don't count last season) in decades.

spurs is firmly third in size in London:

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Tottenham
    West Ham
    QPR
    Palace

in that order.

6. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

He also had a go at Ox sitting with Littke Mix :lol:

8. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

9. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Translation " Their reputation as world-class bottlers precedes them which is why we were never worried despite them holding the lead for the good part of an hour" :lol:

10. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

11. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

12. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

He answered another question then made a point of circling back and criticising their history :lol:

Hey Giorgio, come to Arsenal.

Heskey, krackpot, SuperGoon and 3 others like this.
  13. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

I saw the interview, cracked me up that he went back & emphasized that fact "we know their history" :lol:.

Was pleasantly surprised at the level of his English . Clearly angling for a premier league move, one can only hope its here ;)

krackpot, Rex Banner and albakos like this.
  14. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Good old Chesney :lol:

Sapient Hawk, salvat, Aevius and 3 others like this.
  15. CanadianGooner1608

CanadianGooner1608 Well-Known Member

God I love the guy hahaha.

Actually loving that whole team right now for all the digs they aimed at Tottenham. Juve is now the only team I'll support in that Champion's league.

El Granit-Coq and Jae like this.
  16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain You should be ashamed of yourself Gazidis

Historically they are second. Only the oligarch has pushed Chelsea to second. Had it not been for their one previous league title they were arguably behind West Ham too.

17. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Lord...That is hilarious! :lol:

Jae likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

So how many real trophies has Pochdisgustingetto won for Tottenham?

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

That's what Kane will be wondering to himself as well when Madrid come knocking in the summer.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Would he go?