• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The Sp**s love in is abit much in the media. Jamie Redknapp saying Potch is the only manaher he’s known who doesn’t complain about what he has to spend, he forgot Wenger?

Others widely championing Sp**s for finishing 4th while changing stadium yet we were battered for it.

Sp**s are doing **** all, haven’t won anything and aren’t doing anything we aren’t doing between 2004-2016.
Agreed. But then again we have prestige and history, so we have/had standards.

Sp**s and Redknapp (goodness me he's thick) can **** off.

NZgunner

13 clubs have won the League since Tottenham,

Man Utd (16 times)
Liverpool (13 times)
Arsenal (6 times)
Chelsea (5 times)
Everton (4 times)
Man City (4 times)
Leeds Utd (3 times)
Derby County (2 times)
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Ipswich Town
Leicester City
Nottingham Forest​

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I dislike Arsenal fans who pretend Poch isn't working wonders. This isn't Arsenal, it's a second rate club that hasn't won a major trophy since the 1990's, and the league since the 60's.

What he's done with them is nothing short of magical. They're an Everton level club challenging at the top. Wait, they have even less history and prestige than Everton though

GDeep™

League is very weak
I dislike Arsenal fans who pretend Poch isn't working wonders. This isn't Arsenal, it's a second rate club that hasn't won a major trophy since the 1990's, and the league since the 60's.

What he's done with them is nothing short of magical. They're an Everton level club challenging at the top. Wait, they have even less history and prestige than Everton though

“Working wonders” and “magical” ffs. He’s doing a good job. Not been close to winning nothing.

They’re not some small club either, they’re considered amongst the top 4/5 ‘traditional giants’ of English football.

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
“Working wonders” and “magical” ffs. He’s doing a good job. Not been close to winning nothing.

They’re not done small club either, they’re considered amongst the top 4/5 ‘traditional giants’ of English football.
It's Sp**s, they're ****. It's not like Arsenal where Wenger turned us from title winners under Graham to not even getting fourth place.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From ESPN:
Harry Kane scored on his Tottenham return, but the London side's Premier League title hopes suffered a major setback as they were beaten 2-1 at Burnley

Are they bonkers? They were never in the title race!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

They’re not some small club either, they’re considered amongst the top 4/5 ‘traditional giants’ of English football.
They're considerably smaller than us though, yet they're more or less nailed on for CL every year and get to the KO stage of the competition. Not 'magical' I suppose, but he achieving more than Wenger did in his last few years. We all know Wenger said 4th was bigger than a trophy as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They're considerably smaller than us though, yet they're more or less nailed on for CL every year and get to the KO stage of the competition. Not 'magical' I suppose, but he achieving more than Wenger did in his last few years. We all know Wenger said 4th was bigger than a trophy as well.
When Wenger said it he was bashed? Now it’s become accepted.

Sp**s are doing well, I love Potch and predicted he would do this when they appointed him. But the reality is despite everything they still aren’t winning anything, so what’s so magical?

Haven’t they lost more games than us this season also?

Potch is doing what Wenger done in his last period. You can argue Potch has more to play with, because unlike Wenger it seems Potch doesn’t have to sell.

His team is pretty established, a powerful crop of players, but if you don’t deliver now, then when? Potch, Erikson, Kane etc could all be tempted elsewhere soon.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When Wenger said it he was bashed? Now it’s become accepted.

Sp**s are doing well, I love Potch and predicted he would do this when they appointed him. But the reality is despite everything they still aren’t winning anything, so what’s so magical?

Haven’t they lost more games than us this season also?

Potch is doing what Wenger done in his last period. You can argue Potch has more to play with, because unlike Wenger it seems Potch doesn’t have to sell.

His team is pretty established, a powerful crop of players, but if you don’t deliver now, then when? Potch, Erikson, Kane etc could all be tempted elsewhere soon.
I wasn't one of those who bashed Wenger for the old '4th better than a trophy' thing. IIRC, it was more oppo fans than our own who had issues with it! You know how they used to like telling us what we should be happy with and what we should be winning, despite us being 'sh!t' and 'bottlers' at the same time?

Potch has developed a lot of those players and they've grown under him. No, he hasn't had to sell, but as I say, they wouldn't be as consistent in the league had they not flourished under him. That's why they're racking up points these days. Wenger didn't really bring anyone on in the last 5-6 years he was here.

blaze_of_glory

Other than, you know, winning trophies.

Wenger fell out of the top four for the last two seasons out of 22 in charge ("few" refers to three or more), and won an FA Cup in one of those. In his last five seasons he won three cups, and had a second-place league finish (yes he should have won it and failed to do so, but Sp**s have not come any higher than that under Poch). I don't see how Poch is even close tbh.
Potch has developed a lot of those players and they've grown under him. No, he hasn't had to sell, but as I say, they wouldn't be as consistent in the league had they not flourished under him. That's why they're racking up points these days. Wenger didn't really bring anyone on in the last 5-6 years he was here.

Are you talking players? Özil, Santi, Giroud, Alexis, etc all were brought in by Wenger in that time and developed or hit their peak under him. Can argue Ramsey too since he had his comeback following injury and was basically starting over again. Wenger had to rebuild the team after 2011/2012 and did so, and won trophies with them while staying in CL until the final two seasons.

And he left the foundation of a squad that looks poised to be able to get right back into the top 4 again with minimal additions (unless they don't make it, in which case it'll be Wenger's fault no doubt). He brought in Xhaka, Aub and Laca, who are arguably the key players in the team at the moment. Bellerin and Holding too, both of whom were kicking ass this season prior to injury and were brought in by Wenger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Other than, you know, winning trophies.

Wenger fell out of the top four for the last two seasons out of 22 in charge ("few" refers to three or more), and won an FA Cup in one of those. In his last five seasons he won three cups, and had a second-place league finish (yes he should have won it and failed to do so, but Sp**s have not come any higher than that under Poch). I don't see how Poch is even close tbh.

Are you talking players? Özil, Santi, Giroud, Alexis, etc all were brought in by Wenger in that time and developed/hit their peak under him. Can argue Ramsey too since he had his comeback following injury and was basically starting over again. Wenger had to rebuild the team after 2011/2012 and did so, and won trophies with them while staying in CL until the final two seasons. And left the foundation of a squad that looks poised to be able to get right back into the top 4 again with minimal additions (unless they don't make it, in which case it'll be Wenger's fault no doubt).
Im not talking about winning trophies. We were talking about Tottenham having progressed to where they are now under Potch.

Özil, Santi, Giroud and Alexis? Come off it. Wenger didn't develop those players lol. Giroud hardly set the world alight and the others were already established. They integrated well but they were already players. Lets not pretend it was the same as Son, Kane, Alli, Trippier and Winks. And if you're mentioning those lot, I could easily add Vertonghen, Lloris, Davies, Aldeweireld.. practically the whole team. Well yes, the whole team.

blaze_of_glory

Im not talking about winning trophies. We were talking about Tottenham having progressed to where they are now under Potch.

Özil, Santi, Giroud and Alexis? Come off it. Wenger didn't develop those players lol. Giroud hardly set the world alight and the others were already established. They integrated well but they were already players. Lets not pretend it was the same as Son, Kane, Alli, Trippier and Winks. And if you're mentioning those lot, I could easily add Vertonghen, Lloris, Davies, Aldeweireld.. practically the whole team. Well yes, the whole team.
The important thing is you can keep pretending everyone's better than Wenger. Just change what you're talking about as you go. Don't let anything stop you.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom