• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If Poch goes to Bayern while Tuchel and Zidane manage to keep their jobs for a year or two more where do Ten Hag and Nagelsmann go?

Think Potch will compete with Allegri and possibly Zidane for the top jobs in the summer.

Ten Hag to Bayern is 99% certain, I'd bet all my belongings on that one happening. The personal connection, what people involved have been saying, Bayern players being happy with Flick as interim manager, and the fact that Bayern do not want another non-German speaker as manager which ruled out Allegri and will rule out Poch.

Tuchel will probably be allowed to stay at PSG. Nagelsmann will most likely complete his 4 year stint at Leipzig and will then talk to Bayern. Got a strong feeling the next Bayern managers will be: ten Hag -> Nagelsmann or Rose.

So the two big jobs are going to be United and maybe Real, if it's true Barcelona are favourites to get Gallardo; and the big name managers available most likely Potch, Zidane and Allegri.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
How does Unai Emery Etxegoien typically do vs. mou? Anyone got stats? This could be a ****show so long as we have Dracula at the helm

Not great. 6 games played. 2 draws, 4 wins for Mourinho.

Incidentally Pochettino's record vs Emery. Played 11. 5 wins for Emery, 3 for Poch, 3 draws.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Tottenham have brought the right man for the job. So you all can carry on laughing when Sp**s will be lifting the big ones. While we will be drowning in the muck with the rest of the mid-table clubs.

tottenham-bayern-310719zf.jpg

Defending the Audi Cup would be some achievement. Don’t think it’s been done in the modern era.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Which makes our board even more baffling.

We’re about to have our second captain of the Emery reign force his way out in January due to mismanagement. Our two strikers and backup keeper are liking Emery out stuff on Instagram.

Özil and Emery haven’t seen eye to eye from day one and our best player was driven out the club on a free. Our dressing room is clearly a shambles and yet we continue with the guy.
He was not our best player. Not like he has hit the ground running at Juve either. Injured as always.

GunnerShy

Paid out Poch. Bought in Mourinho on big $$. About to lose £150m of talent for nothing and have an obligation to buy already locked in for next summer transfer at £55m ish. They'll miss champions league for next season which will tighten the belt further.

Be interesting to see if they can replace much of the talent they will lose. Gut feel says Mourinho will do ok in the short term but squad depth will get him. Little money will be available and it will end in tears.

He was desperate for a job in London of which only Tottenham was a strong possibility. Who knows what sweet nothings he whispered in Levy's ear. But.. a leopard doesn't change it spots and that goes for Mourinho and Levy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cesc hadn't struggled with injuries for about two years before Mou brought him in. He played like 150 games for Barca over 3 seasons + he was 3 years younger than Bale. Cesc almost played as many La Liga games for Barca as Bale has done over twice as many years, for comparison.

Then you have the fact that Chelsea had a lot more money to throw around. What they paid for Cesc both in transfer fees and wages won't be anywhere near the same percentage of the budget Sp**s would have to pay for Bale.

I agree that Bale is a top class player when fit but considering his age and injury history, I just don't see it happening.

Envious that your boys get to be the first ones to beat a Mourinho Sp**s on Saturday :(

ptrcopp

A top club wins trophies, a top club is a club people throughout the world check out to see what they're doing. I struggle to find any way of shoe-horning Tottenham into any vague definition of top club.

In this case it is the board who do not match the ambitions of the manager as will be abundantly shown during the next two transfer windows and when Mourinho leaves trophyless, probably in less than two seasons.

Praising a headless chicken (in this case a headless ****) for running around like a headless chicken is bizarre. It's what they do. Panic.

That may be the case but as they say a headless chicken is right twice a day.

ptrcopp

Tottenham are not a top club, nothing to add to that.

They are acting like it. We aren’t.

Sack manager who hasn’t proven he can win trophies and hire someone who has that record.

We aren’t doing that.

People talk about a crisis over there.

If we lose at the weekend and they win ... well, they go above us.

I’d rather look like a wolf and be a turgid sheep that look like the turgid sheep I am.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They are acting like it. We aren’t.

Sack manager who hasn’t proven he can win trophies and hire someone who has that record.

We aren’t doing that.

People talk about a crisis over there.

If we lose at the weekend and they win ... well, they go above us.

I’d rather look like a wolf and be a turgid sheep that look like the turgid sheep I am.

Be careful @Rex Banner might be sliding into your DM's now.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Lacks class? To me he's just ruthless and does what is required to win.

What is required to win? o_O
He went to Lille more than once when he was out of a job, was welcomed and was a guest of Galtier the LOSC manager. They were in good terms.
The least he could do is give him a call and tell him about his plans. If that is not a clear definition of a complete lack of class, nothing will. Anyway, no surprise there.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What is required to win? o_O
He went to Lille more than once when he was out of a job, was welcomed and was a guest of Galtier the LOSC manager. They were in good terms.
The least he could do is give him a call and tell him about his plans. If that is not a clear definition of a complete lack of class, nothing will. Anyway, no surprise there.

Right and he or Tottenham then spoke with the president of Lille who informed the manager? That is all that has been released.

If you want to believe Jose 'stole' them like the headlines suggest then so be it.

simonreq

Mou classy as ever....

So ****ing what? He wanted to add those to his staff and went on and did it.

This place is becoming increasingly pathetic. Crying about the game being rigged because of rich clubs outspending/outmaneuvering us (compared to City, United etc.), while forgetting that we have superior firepower in the transfermarked compared to the vast majority of clubs.

We're all screaming for change, but whenever a guy like Mourinho is brought up, the entire forum loses it. Mainly because they fear that our so-called "world class talents" (just about to break into the scene btw) wont be given anymore gametime. (Same was said about JET, Lansbury and Akpom)

I'm not saying that you specifically are any worse than the rest of us, but that post triggered me

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

carlito'sway

Established Member
Right and he or Tottenham then spoke with the president of Lille who informed the manager? That is all that has been released.

If you want to believe Jose 'stole' them like the headlines suggest then so be it.

I never mentioned "stole" anywhere in my posts. If you can't see how it was a ****ty move, not much I can do about that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom