• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

akhil

This is what's worrying. With Wenger we went through rough patches, some shocking results and performances, but there was always the reasurance that he's experienced enough to pull us through it, which he did. Towards the end of his reign I was never positive we'd win the league but I knew we would never finish mid-table while Wenger was in charge! Now I don't have that assurance with Arteta, i genuinly wouldn't be surprised if we finish there this season.
The time we've went without scoring from open play is frightning, even though we've changed personel and now formation. At this stage everyone is just praying Arteta can turn this around.

Weird thing we were far more expansive and attacking when he first took over, and started Özil pretty much every game. It's only post lockdown, our attacking play has just been slowly getting worse. He should try to find a happy medium between the 2 approaches even without Özil, until January at least.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What's trolling about this? Another 6 weeks of scoring 0 or 1 goal a game is going to pile the pressure on Arteta. I'm behind him but there might come a time when we don't see any progress and you'll have to wonder if the FA Cup run was a flash in the pan.

That's fair enough, Arteta isn't immune from these questions being asked. It's just the title is a bit of a windup lol.

BigPoppaPump

It's a wild plot twist I agree.

You Arteta out yet? can't quite gauge but I definitely want to know what you think.

I was never even Arteta in in the first place, I never thought he'd do better than Emery or Arsène in these environments. I've always been a proponent of the players not being good enough to get us back in the CL and we need to improve the personnel but kept buying Kia's clients but even that doesn't describe this form.

I think he's in over his head, Arsenal is a tough job and it's asking a lot for someone in their first job to get us back in the CL.

novar

Not being able to play better football than Emery when he had both fans and players against him is enough reason to want him out really.

What makes me want him out regardless of what happens next though is that I don't see a single aspect of our atrocious football that isn't a deliberate decision by the manager. Auba and Tierney out of position is an instruction, not having anything resembling a midfield is an instruction, having to pray Lacazette connects a cross or Nketiah touches the ball as our only attacking outlet is an instruction.

Emery had clear troubles too, but at least it never looked like he was happy with what he was seeing on the pitch and never stopped trying to find some way to make the team look better. Arteta was quite happy with our terrible, unsustainable football until we finally lost 3-0

Malky

Established Member
I don't see why it's so bad asking the questions about Arteta's managment at this point. People were questioning Emery a year into his reign, but because he wasn't the hipsters choice, or whatever, that was OK?
It's also worth looking at the fact Arteta has had far more backing in transfers in his time here than Emery. Emery wanted Partey, Nkunku, Zaha etc and the club delivered zero of his options. The only player he got that was of high quality was Tierney, who ironicaly, was injured the remainder or Emerys time here.
The club has delivered Arteta Gabriel, Partey, Willian (he asked for him) and Mari.

BigPoppaPump

Remember how people said we went on the 22 run with Emery because of Arsène's influence? That's the same with Arteta's FA Cup win it was thanks to Emery and now that influence is gone we can see what we play like.

OSBK

Established Member
I was against him getting the job, like ole he is out of his depth massively. This job isnt one where we can develop a young manager and take the hits on his errors. It shoulve been jose or anchelotti, someone who couldve inspired and steady the ship while we transition. Even for 2 years and then appoint arteta once all the clubs issues are gone and it is a fresh start. I will support him whatever happens but we really cant afford to be out of the top 4 much longer.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I don't see why it's so bad asking the questions about Arteta's managment at this point. People were questioning Emery a year into his reign, but because he wasn't the hipsters choice, or whatever, that was OK?
It's also worth looking at the fact Arteta has had far more backing in transfers in his time here than Emery. Emery wanted Partey, Nkunku, Zaha etc and the club delivered zero of his options. The only player he got that was of high quality was Tierney, who ironicaly, was injured the remainder or Emerys time here.
The club has delivered Arteta Gabriel, Partey, Willian (he asked for him) and Mari.
Yeah Partey he's had for all of 2.5 games.

Jesus.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Has Partey even won a single match in an Arsenal shirt?
And there it is folks.

The typical Arsenal fan.

Loves to criticise from behind a keyboard but doesn't even know we beat united with partey who was MOTM.

Pathetic fan base

Malky

Established Member
Yeah Partey he's had for all of 2.5 games.

Jesus.
You’ve clearly missed my point. The point that the club are delivering on Arteta’s targets, he’s being backed by the club. They’re still giving him huge investment, compared to Emery, who the club signed their choices over his.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
You’ve clearly missed my point. The point that the club are delivering on Arteta’s targets, he’s being backed by the club. They’re still giving him huge investment, compared to Emery, who the club signed their choices over his.
And what's your point?

The club have backed artera in his first window.

Great, now let's see where it takes us.

And there it is folks.

The typical Arsenal fan.

Loves to criticise from behind a keyboard but doesn't even know we beat united with partey who was MOTM.

Pathetic fan base
While scoring zero goals from open play in 5 games (four that he has featured in). And you expect people to praise that?
I always call it like it is. Of course, I am wrong about the one win. Who wouldn't forget a win with the above stats.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I was never even Arteta in in the first place, I never thought he'd do better than Emery or Arsène in these environments. I've always been a proponent of the players not being good enough to get us back in the CL and we need to improve the personnel but kept buying Kia's clients but even that doesn't describe this form.

I think he's in over his head, Arsenal is a tough job and it's asking a lot for someone in their first job to get us back in the CL.
I had deep reservations myself, but he won me over with the FA Cup and some of the things he did initially. I think he’s tactically astute and I’ve always wanted that in our manager especially towards the end of Wenger’s reign where I thought that was lacking.

Watching the team though, Id hate to play for Arteta. I just imagine the scowling, the barking my name constantly when I’m tryna think, the scared approach to games. It’s not for me, but if it works then he needs to carry it on I guess.

You can tell it’s not gonna last though. I know people don’t like our players and are glad about it, but too many of them have had their confidence shattered in a short space of time. I barely even recognise some of them.

I rated Emery higher than Arteta, but everything I didn’t like about Emery ironically we’ve still got with Arteta.

Malky

Established Member
I rated Emery higher than Arteta, but everything I didn’t like about Emery ironically we’ve still got with Arteta.
There's so many people on here who refuse to accept this. Imagine the meltdown if Emery started 5 at the back, at home, to Villa and still lost 3-0? The man would of been getting death threats. I still remember the abuse the man got for being " too negative " and a " coward " for playing a 433 with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi in midfield.
This weekend against Wolves is huge - we fail to pick up 3 points and i'll be very, very worried looking at our December fixtures.

Godwin1

Very well-known
There's so many people on here who refuse to accept this. Imagine the meltdown if Emery started 5 at the back, at home, to Villa and still lost 3-0? The man would of been getting death threats. I still remember the abuse the man got for being " too negative " and a " coward " for playing a 433 with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi in midfield.
This weekend against Wolves is huge - we fail to pick up 3 points and i'll be very, very worried looking at our December fixtures.
A lot of posters backed Arteta passionately on here both before and after Emery was here so there's always going to be egos on the line. I was resistant to him but I feel we need to give him a whole season and judge him on a bigger sample of games and I think a lot of people share this view with me. Come the end of the season I think the grace period will wear off and we wil see him getting roasted if things remain the same.

Last edited:

novar

That's true, we're currently at that period when Emery also had a lot of defenders because we were just a few points off top 4 or something, despite Emery clearly being unable of getting the most of the team at that point.

I don't know whether the FA Cup will actually buy him time, we have a clear target and so far he's clearly nowhere near it, if we discuss other intangibles like football identity he should be sacked on the spot anyway.

Top Bottom