• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He'll get results and would be ok with being care taker until the summer. It gets him out of China and would be a good shop window for him if he rescues from Mid Table Unai.

Rather be bored by him than Mourinho. We get CL and suddenly we're a more attractive club to lead.

Maybe we even get to keep Aubameyang.
I thought you meant permanent. Interim, I’ll happily take.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His Chelsea team in 12/13 actually played some great stuff. Unlike Jose he was willing to play Hazard-Oscar-Mata as attacking trio behind the striker.

Let them off the leash big time, remember them absolutely shredding some teams back then.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Benitez is arguably a worse man manager than Emery ffs. Only saving grace is his communication skills are a lot better and he'd get his ideas across better.

They also played better stuff under Di Matteo I felt when you look at that season. They had 7 wins from the opening 8 games playing great stuff. Then a few poor results resulting in the quite knee-jerk sacking of Di Matteo, I'm not entirely sure if Benitez greatly improved things tbh, I think they would have been on course for a top 4 finish regardless if they stuck with Di Matteo or not. They also lost more league matches with Benitez than with Di Matteo. They lost to Swansea in the league cup semi-finals. Lost to Corinthians in the world club cup final. Had a fairly easy route to the EL final. I'm looking at the season for Chelsea now and I don't really see a great deal of improvement. Only thing of note is they got an 8-0 win over Villa. There's nothing really spectacular that Benitez did that season that it didn't look like Di Matteo was gonna do. Di Matteo seemed like he was treated quite harshly tbh, the Juve game killed him tho and it meant they were out of the CL pretty much and so got the chop.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Benitez also took Napoli from 2nd to 5th. Then Sarri comes in and gets them back to 2nd straight away. He also ruined Inter because of his ego and hatred for Mourinho, rubbed the Real players especially Ronaldo, the wrong way as soon as he set foot in the door. His final season at Liverpool they finished 7th and only once looked close to challenging for the title despite spending a lot of money (mostly on dross so you have to question Benitez in terms of how much influence he had on that).

Benitez might be alright to steady the ship a bit but it screams out as uninspiring to me and usually his teams are quite dull.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn’t like an manager that is strongly associated with another Premier League club, Jose at Chelsea or Rafa at Liverpool...would like us to get someone new and make him an Arsenal man, like we did with Arsène.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Benitez might be alright to steady the ship a bit but it screams out as uninspiring to me and usually his teams are quite dull.

Basically that's the reason why I'd go for him. I just don't think we'll be getting anyone exciting mid season.

Rather get an experienced care taker and let the management team start working on who'll lead us next season onwards.

Mou for me is only as a last resort and on a short contract with plenty of break clauses.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wouldn’t like an manager that is strongly associated with another Premier League club, Jose at Chelsea or Rafa at Liverpool...would like us to get someone new and make him an Arsenal man, like we did with Arsène.

Very hard to do that mid season, though. We're currently in chasing our tails territory because Auba is likely to leave sooner rather than later and when you've got a golden boot level strikers you need to make use of that and make it count.

If our model will be to mix buys like Auba and Pepe with homegrown talent like Willock et. al, we need to get CL a couple to attract the latter part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom