Life After Emery: A Pipe Dream

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you take Jose Mourinho at Arsenal?

1. Yes

40.4%
  2. No

46.1%
  3. Rather keep Emery than hire Jose

13.6%
  1. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Glass Half Empty

Probably the same though

2. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

I read that he can't speak English? Is that the case? If true, surely Arsenal couldn't risk another manager who struggles to communicate in English?

Tosker likes this.
  3. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

Literally 95% of this entire forum, not just this particular thread. The forum is full of fantasists....

4. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Ornstein Defender

I have a new preferred candidate: Ralf Rangnick.
    He can speak english, should be quite easy to get and is a highly rated and interesting coach.

isop likes this.
  5. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Sa
    id no to Bayern because he didn`t want to return as a manager. Doubt we will tempt him.

6. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

is that you Ivan? déjà vu of Emery's introduction when he first came here

GDeep™ likes this.
  7. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Glass Half Empty

Ffs, I know AFCAMDEN is not exactly prime source anymore, but if that's true that we cannot afford to throw out Emery with 1,5 years left o his hintract unless they aren't totally forced to do so... :frustrated:

8. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Emery on our season so far:

I’m not really disappointed with our work,” he said. “I am being realistic because some circumstances did not help us to achieve the best emotional balance. Özil’s circumstances, Kolasinac, Laurent Koscielny’s circumstance. Remember also that, if he was here, the captain would be Koscielny and that would give us no problem. Then also, Xhaka’s circumstance.”

Remember guys to go easy on poor old emery, cos none our poor form has anything to do with him. Anything at all:D

Ashybashy86, RacingPhoton and North5 like this.
  9. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

We need to be realistic about where we are, what it would cost to make changes, both financially and from an opportunity cost perspective.

Yes, we are dogshit at the moment relatively speaking. However its not beyond the point of season recovery. For one thing Emery has answered the question on whether he has a future here, and for me the answer to that question is no. So he should be leaving at the end of this season at the latest.

Financially it wouldnt be difficult to speculate on what we can do with Emery's contract at this stage of the season. Im confident that the numbers would not be in our favour if we had to pay him out now. Not impossible but likely a cost we shouldnt be incurring, and instead continue to work smartly as we build our first team.

From an opportunistic standpoint is where I see us losing the most. It is absolutely critical that the club heeds the shotgun approach of Manchester United before us and does what it takes not to repeat those mistakes. We need to identify the right person for the job and make our move for them. That likely means going for someone in the summer who is proven at the highest level under circumstances similar to that here at Arsenal, young, dynamic and committed to an "Arsenal of old quality of attacking football" and competence in tactical planning and good defensive organisation.

This immediately disqualifies someone like Allegri, Mourinho and even Simeone for me. Managers that stand out for me would be the likes of Brendan Rodgers (Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic, Leicester), Julian Nagelsman (Hoffenheim, RB Leipzig), Thomas Tuchel (Mainz, Dortmund, PSG), Lucien Favre (Hertha Berlin, Gladbach, Nice, Dortmund).

I think the best case for us, if the financial aspect is manageable, would be to send Emery packing soon, and give the job to an interim someone who can guide us over the 4th placed line at the end of the season.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 10:23 AM
    RacingPhoton likes this.
  10. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

The players still don't have a clue what to do 18 months in. That's an Emery problem, not the players. If it was simply because of a language barrier, things would be improving - albeit slowly. His system is just crap.

Rimaal likes this.
  11. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

He has them playing in different formations every other week so it’s no surprise.

12. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

@bingobob in shambles :lol:

13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Fml. He is a wooden one.

American_Gooner and Rex Banner like this.
  14. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

don't get this rumour at all - we're going to get enough for Xhaka, which we didn't expect, to buy off Emery with change to spare

15. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

AFCAMDEN was saying the Upamecano links were legit. So one minute he’s saying we can bid £60m for a defender and the next we can’t afford a fraction of that to sack our manager. He’s a ****.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Of course we have the money to sack him, but where is that money coming from? Will it affect what Raul has to work with in the summer?

All that said, a few empty seats at the Emirates and he’s gone pretty quickly.

Today is probably last chance saloon for Unai. A win buys him a few months of good will from fans, and the board will probably back him till the summer.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  17. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Well if you tried to get that idea out of your head & onto a medium of communication, such as a piece of paper, chalk board or power point, the players would get an inkling of what ideas you wanted them to implement, you monumental imbecile.

18. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Have to guess Gerrard tops any of the young manager options clubs draw up. Would be intrigued to see what he could do here if passing on the Mourinho / Allegri free agents.

His record in Europe was being hyped up in the week, just on paper looks very good.

19. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Stevie G at Arsenal no chance!! He will be klopps successor.

baccy_man likes this.
  20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Gerrard seems like a canny guy. You want to follow the guy after Klopp not the man himself.

Klopps deal now runs till 2022 & seems talks started in the summer on fresh terms.