• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Wilder for me. Very underrated manager and he will get rid of rubbish like David Luiz straight away.
I like him too. Would he be willing to leave Sheffield mid-season though? The man looks like he is principled just like Wenger.

I think if we keep Emery any longer it could affect our chances of qualifying for the Champions League next season. We could also lose important players because I am convinced there is no chemistry between them.
Highly unlikely we salvage top four with a managerial change this season though. Too many factors against us. We can go a long way with a change though and could nick it if we are lucky.

Last edited:

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Highly unlikely we salvage top four with a managerial change this season though. Too many factors against us. We can go a long way with a change though and could it if we are lucky.
This, for me, is why it's time to sack Emery and go with an interim manager like Freddie. If it doesn't work out and we miss top 4 anyway, at least we have a chance to keep some key players who look disillusioned under Emery. Then we have a lot of time to make the right call.

Of course, upper management may be the real problem, in which case we're screwed either way.

This, for me, is why it's time to sack Emery and go with an interim manager like Freddie. If it doesn't work out and we miss top 4 anyway, at least we have a chance to keep some key players who look disillusioned under Emery. Then we have a lot of time to make the right call.

Of course, upper management may be the real problem, in which case we're screwed either way.
Absolutely. We can't afford to make another poor decision lest our barren run continues like Liverpool's. At this point in the short term, I believe any change will be good for the team even if for some time like United's honeymoon with Ole. I will seriously doubt Raul and company's competence if they hold on to Emery until the end of the season.

Btw, how impossible can it be to add a termination clause in the event of non-performance to the expected level without payment of dues for the whole contract? I feel going forward we should do that if possible to save the club money when it doesn't work like the case with Emery.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Chris Wilder for me. Very underrated manager and he will get rid of rubbish like David Luiz straight away.
Didn’t you credit Emery for buying Pepe in another thread? So by that logic David Luiz is his signing as well.
You basically admitted your Emery signed a crap player.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Should be all over Nagelsmann.

Why the hell would Nagelsmann go to Sp**s. What can he look forward to?

Unless he likes the challenge of having to replace 3 of their best players who are leaving after this season. Probably without having CL money to spend.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why the hell would Nagelsmann go to Sp**s. What can he look forward to?

Unless he likes the challenge of having to replace 3 of their best players who are leaving after this season. Probably without having CL money to spend.
We're probably in the same boat.. Although possibly not 3 of our best but we stand a good chance of losing a few as it stands..

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Official information: Luis Enrique will be manager the Spain selection in Euro 2020

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You think we have a chance next summer?

No. Unless he miserably fails at Leipzig, his path is set. A few years there, then Bayern. The Bavarians want him, and he wants them. Also, Leipzig is the far more attractive club right now than Arsenal. Fans come up with the great legacy, the money and London, but the legacy has been tainted by Wenger's last years and is now completely ruined by Emery. Red Bull also got that money. And some don't care about London. Leipzig's got a clear identity, clear strategy, a global brand and company behind it, 4 or 5 feeder clubs, CL football, a serious shot at the Bundesliga title in the next few years - and if Julian does well he's got a shot at his dream job in Munich. He's never going to trade that for Arsenal. People can also hype up the PL as much as they want, but apart from money and more pace there's not that much difference. Only washed up losers like Hasenhuettl end up at clubs like Southampton just to manage in England - or rather somewhere. Or unproven guys like Farke or Wagner. A trademark name and talent on a good run like Nagelsmann would never touch a Top 6 club in England. Setteld Top 4 yes, but not Arsenal, Everton or Sp**s or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom