• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilo

If I had a blank canvas, I would only take Lacazette and Aubameyang from our current crop of players to rebuild this team. Everyone else seems so lacklustre and lacking in quality! Watching it again on MoTD2 now, it’s just embarrassing!

Eduardo_da_Silva

This has to be the darkest part of our recent history, and as they say, that means that dawn is close.

Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Guendo, Saliba, Joe. So many great young talents that need a mentor type of manager and a couple of experienced players to guide them and they could become huge.

We are in for an exciting ride thats in front of us, and if we choose our pilot wisely, it may be a one we will remember.

I for one would love Arteta, but he needs to come here without the pressure to get results. His task should be redeveloping that beautiful football flow that made us famous and changing our mentality. Anything else on short term is a bonus and on the long term, this approach must bring us results.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Rafa knows what needs done.

Carragher explained one of the best tactics I ever heard. It is so simple it is great. Rafa told his team when we concede straight from the kick off boot the ball out for a throw in beside their goal. It kills the crowd and puts them under pressure. Genius. Pure genius.

I don't remember ever seeing Liverpool do this under Rafa.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The big fear has to be that Auba is running down his deal so will be sold, that means we make that slug Lacazette our main striker. Back to the Giroud days.
You know, I would not be sad to see both of them go. They've become both a solution and a problem. Neither are well rounded enough to spearhead our attack, despite the goals - particularly Auba who has finished well above his xG in his time for us and done very well in front of goal overall. Yet I dont think it's the end of the world if we lose him. Not only could we potentially replace both of them with one star CF, we have an almost endless pool of talented young strikers to back the new man up. I'm honestly not worried about losing them at this point. Maybe at the start of the season - not now. Every rebuild needs a few sacrificial lambs.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I back Laca to prove himself here, think the best is yet to come. I can see him an Pepe getting to know eachother real well on the pitch, i am known for usually being right about stuff like this. Hope we keep him

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Auba will be sold, Laca will be overpayed and become impossible to be shifted.

This **** writes itself.
Sell Auba in January while we can still get a decent fee for him. Jovic and some cash could be good. Ride out the season with Lacazette and Martienlli and sell Lacazette in the summer. Won`t get much more than 20M though I think.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba and laca will be sold laca won't sign with team with no European football next season auba will move because most big teams want him hopefully Özil joined them too because he finished.

benjamin86

Established Member
My point is that it’s still happening, going to happen with Auba now.
That we keep letting players get into the last year of their contracts is crazy and why we've gone backwards. If we can get a decent manager in i have no issue with us selling Aubameyang and Lacazette this summer to raise the funds to remodel the squad. (neither seem likely to resign anyway)

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You know, I would not be sad to see both of them go. They've become both a solution and a problem. Neither are well rounded enough to spearhead our attack, despite the goals - particularly Auba who has finished well above his xG in his time for us and done very well in front of goal overall. Yet I dont think it's the end of the world if we lose him. Not only could we potentially replace both of them with one star CF, we have an almost endless pool of talented young strikers to back the new man up. I'm honestly not worried about losing them at this point. Maybe at the start of the season - not now. Every rebuild needs a few sacrificial lambs.

I love both Aubameyang and Lacazette, but Arsenal needs to start emulating Liverpool with some strategic sales to fund buying. There are plenty of young forward types with Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah, John-Jules, etc. They need defenders and midfielders. They should explore selling Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil if possible, and even Xhaka. Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafi will be entering the last year of their contracts (with Aubameyang and Özil). Clear them all out and get what you can for them. Build around the young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom