• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope our fans not turn into manutd or Chelsea fans quick turn against manager when things gone bad. Need to have bit of patience there no quick success even if new man comes in

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we want to go for a PL proven option, why not go for someone like Rodgers or Hassenhuttl.

With Rodgers though we would be going for an option for the next 2 to 5 years depending on his performance. That would probably rule out the likes of Tuchel, Ten Haag, Arteta and Jardim. Good option is Brendan. Promotes youth, has shown ability in the PL and plays a good brand of football.

Hassenhuttl is more proven with less resources, however if we want a version of what Klopp has brought, then definitely an option for the club.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I hope our fans not turn into manutd or Chelsea fans quick turn against manager when things gone bad. Need to have bit of patience there no quick success even if new man comes in
Over a year now and I haven't seen any people here talking about success. All that the fans are asking are some positive signs for the future and we saw absolutely nothing so far.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Emery will get until xmas at least imo. The football is garbage currently.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Over a year now and I haven't seen any people here talking about success. All that the fans are asking are some positive signs for the future and we saw absolutely nothing so far.
I don't mean about emery i mean if new man comes in. I know Emery time here hasn't been good

ChefMan21

Bit early for the replacement conversation in my view, particularly when we still have Tierney and Bellerin on the sidelines.

But if we have to...

Allegri or Mourinho. We aren't winning major competitions playing attacking football - we're a poor man's Barcelona - and we haven't won a major competition for many years. Something has got to change. I want us to play attacking football built from an impenetrable defence, like what we had when Campbell and Adams were doing the rounds.

Mourinho wins competitions. End of. He's an arrogant prat, but I'm happy to have a **** of a manager for a few years if it means we start winning titles again. He's also not afraid to spend - have a think about how many times you or another Arsenal fan have begged for us to go out in to the market, but it didn't happen. Wasn't this transfer window exciting?

Allegri is much less controversial, but again he wins competitions. Can also build a good defence. And I think with Raul here the market is exciting again.

Once we've built a culture of winning and defending well then I think we take a punt on Arteta, Vieira or whatever random ex-player we want to give the hot seat to.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ten Hag plays that style of football we would love to see here and coming from Ajax he would be able to work with younger players. That would be a good start for me and results will come later when we set the proper team

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It is a problem if a manager shows no real progress over 1-2 years though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We don't seem going to change manager in middle of season specially if we are still in top 4 race
How bad does it need to get? We have 2 decent cfs who are getting older, while the coach messes about. A decision needs to be made if results/performances continue to be rubbish.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
How bad does it need to get? We have 2 decent cfs who are getting older, while the coach messes about. A decision needs to be made if results/performances continue to be rubbish.
At end of the season despite the rubbish performance we still not in stage to change

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Ancelotti could be an option. I could see him going back to the PL. Highly experienced, knows the league, proven winner, very likeable and was supposedly Wengers choice to replace him. If only they had listened.

I'm all for hiring a Guardiola, Klopp, etc. if a generational talent comes along, but in the absence of that, I'd lean toward continuity -- it's a tough league.

And we ought to take a lesson from 'my closet club' and not hire a beloved former player with little-to-no experience at the top level as a first team coach (a la the first two or three players in the poll, depending on your opinion of Nice).
I didn't insinuate in the least that we appoint someone with little experience. We all saw how tits up it went with TH14.
What I don't want is someone playing boring and still getting humilated by the bottom team after being 2 goals up and still running his mouth about how he wants us to play and still not walking the talk in the next game!

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I didn't insinuate in the least that we appoint someone with little experience. We all saw how tits up it went with TH14.
What I don't want is someone playing boring and still getting humilated by the bottom team after being 2 goals up and still running his mouth about how he wants us to play and still not walking the talk in the next game!
Yeah I didn't mean that you did, just that options on the poll are a hint that the grass isn't greener, especially when you remove the potential benefits of continuity.

With you that Emery does need to step it up, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom