Life After Emery Begins: Poch won't rule himself out

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Which of the following managers would you be happy with?

1. Mikel Arteta

29.9%
  2. Carlo Ancelotti

5.0%
  3. Nuno Esprito Santo

9.5%
  4. Mauricio Pochettino

68.7%
  5. Patrick Vieira

4.5%
  6. Max Allegri

20.9%
  7. Freddie Ljungberg

14.4%
  8. Rafa Benitez

9.5%
  9. Other (please state)

10.4%
  10. Marcelino

1.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

It's not just the money. Its do they want to come. Everyone thinks it's just here Leicester there 15m we are taking Rodgers.

Oh and by the way heres another 60m we will take Pereria and Soyuncu too.

2. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Gio van Bronckhorst ticks alot of boxes... decent record, Arsenal link, potential Raul link from Barca & a free agent.

He is being linked to City & their sister clubs quite a bit at the mo... not sure if they signed him up to anything.

Riou likes this.
  3. 14Henry

Think he has an agreement with them. Something in background.

4. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

We should have signed Soyuncu but we bottled it as usual.

5. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Soyuncu needed an adaptation period even in Leicester. His morale would be destroyed after 10 games to the point of no return and then he'd be hounded out to Besiktas on loan.

Camron, yybecause and SingmeasongSong like this.
  6. 14Henry

Not if he had been managed properly and had some half decent defensive partner and structure in place. Jonny Evans and him look solid why? Because they have Ndidi a tall quick physical shield and 2 full backs who can defend as well as attack.

Very rarely do you see them getting countered and 4 defenders on the half way line chasing back.

7. 14Henry

Arsenal has to adapt their whole ideas.

Wenger tried to play tiki taki football for years and teams bullied us of the park. He tried to have Denilson and co playing like Xavi.

Now we are trying all this playing out from the back and building from the back however none of our defenders are good enough for it. 0. Luiz is slow and ponderous when he gets the ball. Sokratis/Chambers and Bellerin and probably Tierney aren't quick enough to have their body position right to receive the ball and pass it in one movement.

Time to change trying to play beautiful football badly and playing ugly football effectively.

It's sad when you want defenders to be playmakers over being defenders.

8. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Any news? Is English still the main attribute we're looking at?

say yes and Squillaci like this.
  9. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

I kinda agree with your point, even though I don't think Luiz is slow for his size, and Bellerin & Tierney are fast enough imo.

But we should first be working on our fundamentals, and try to build a balanced squad.

Against Norwich we've played with 2 CF (nobody does it anymore at the higher level) + no wingers (when they're the most impactful player on offense in the modern game) + Özil (who isn't known for his athletic impact) + Guendouzi (I rate him highly, but he's still not there yet in term of athlecism) + Willock (who's still weak) + Xhaka (who is one of the most static CM in the league) + Chambers (who doesn't have the body type to play at RB)
    And then on the bench we only have Torreira (who's a midget).

This is a recipe for a disaster to happen.
    We're puting too much blame on our CBs, even though they've been terrible, the lack of physicality in the team doesn't help, at all.

We need more athleticism in the team ASAP. We're getting bullied by any PL midfield it's embarrassing.
    Any above average athlete can cut through our midfield with breeze.

On average, if you look at Liverpool's team, they're 2 galaxies ahead in term of pure athleticism. Their players are faster and much stronger than ours the comparison is not even fair.

Fouz likes this.
  10. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Marcelino took over them in the season when they sold 10 players........... Valencia is one of the worst run clubs in the world. Them back when he took over finished 12th in the table.

Just stop thinking about challenging, our top priority now is to fire fight and get the club in the right direction. We can count ourselves lucky to be able to finish 5th or 6th next season.

11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

Proper relegation mentality that.

Gunner boy dd likes this.
  12. 14Henry

I mean fast in the brain being able to think and move and pass quickly not slow.

But agree with most of your points.

13. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

lol, AM bottled it worse. Never seen a more slagged potential signee.

Well, not worse, but the gurus here didn't want Lord Farquart either.

Red London likes this.
  14. Sanchez11's ghost

Funny thing is we could of had both.

15. Sanchez11's ghost

I know i cant remember what i said in that thread tbf.

16. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Was just thinking about how unpopular the Soyuncu links were. I think somebody called him the Turkish Mustafi. :lol:

But then no potential signings are popular unless they're proven world class players or youngsters hyped as future world class players.

Red London and SingmeasongSong like this.
  17. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm too lazy but most were like "who tf is this guy" and then judged him on his face.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  18. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

And football fans tend to forget how much context is important to any player's developpement or performances.

I'm pretty sure Soyuncu would have struggled a lot in our team because right now, all the CBs we've been trying since Per/Kos look like clowns, even though most of them were at least ok, if not solid at their previous club.

Soyuncu is a talented young CB, and he's in a very positive context right now that allows him to display his qualities.

19. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Yup.

The squad is a top 3 squad, playing very badly and with no confidence and no system.

We're still a level or two below the likes of city on pure talent, but we're not even playing to our natural level let alone theirs.

20. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Not sure how you can call it a "top 3 squad", considering the central defenders and midfielders we have.

Riou, Hexagon9 and DanDare like this.