• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes at least some stability needed
What we showed against Watford is not stability. In fact from the body language of some of our senior players the other day, feathers will sure ruffle soon in the dressing room if that **** continues. Believe that.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bit early for the replacement conversation in my view, particularly when we still have Tierney and Bellerin on the sidelines.

But if we have to...

Allegri or Mourinho. We aren't winning major competitions playing attacking football - we're a poor man's Barcelona - and we haven't won a major competition for many years. Something has got to change. I want us to play attacking football built from an impenetrable defence, like what we had when Campbell and Adams were doing the rounds.

Mourinho wins competitions. End of. He's an arrogant prat, but I'm happy to have a **** of a manager for a few years if it means we start winning titles again. He's also not afraid to spend - have a think about how many times you or another Arsenal fan have begged for us to go out in to the market, but it didn't happen. Wasn't this transfer window exciting?

Allegri is much less controversial, but again he wins competitions. Can also build a good defence. And I think with Raul here the market is exciting again.

Once we've built a culture of winning and defending well then I think we take a punt on Arteta, Vieira or whatever random ex-player we want to give the hot seat to.
Attacking football and winning trophies are not mutually exclusive. There are loads of teams who play attacking football and win trophies. Our problems have been our reluctance to address the defensive issues and poor coaching. Wenger didn’t treat the DM and CB positions with enough respect, always looking for quick fixes rather than something sustainable. We’ve spent big money on Pepe, Auba, Lacazette and Özil as our attacking players while we have spent a pittance on defenders, expect for unfortunately Mustafi.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Too soon for Luis Enrique? Remember him supposedly being Raul’s preferred choice.

Jae

Julian Nagelesman is something else. This video explains his approach of the game;

I like him but people on here are crying out for someone with a clear and defined style who isn't going to tinker and change the team every week - this is one of the things people don't like about Emery.

JoaoFelix

I like him but people on here are crying out for someone with a clear and defined style who isn't going to tinker and change the team every week - this is one of the things people don't like about Emery.

He'll adapt his style to the team. His Hoffenham team was exciting as hell too.

Reactions: Jae

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How can Emery play 3 DMs at a time and get out shot, overrun and outplayed by the opposition?
How the hell did Pep get away with a De Bryune/B. Silva, Silva (all previously known as no.10s) and a 34 year old Fernandinho or Gundogan in DM for their centurion season playing beautiful possession based football while being hard to be overrun unlike us?

Jae

I think when it comes down to it we are going to be stuck with Emery until the end of the season. Not a chance that they sack him, especially only having 1 season left on his contract.

I reckon this new heirarchy will have someone lined up as well.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Oh god not this 'Arteta' **** again, the guy with zero managerial experience, if he weren't linked to the media proclaimed god that is 'Pep' he wouldn't even make the list!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I think when it comes down to it we are going to be stuck with Emery until the end of the season. Not a chance that they sack him, especially only having 1 season left on his contract.

I reckon this new heirarchy will have someone lined up as well.
Surely we have to make the CL next year. Surely they won't keep Emery for the whole of this season if it's clear we won't attain it.

Julian Nagelesman is something else. This video explains his approach of the game;

I am sold. Looks like he knows what he's doing.
Maybe we should make a contract arrangement with him for next season before competition for his signature sets in as it sure will if he continues with this upward trajectory.

Last edited:

JoaoFelix

h
I am sold. Looks like he knows what he's doing.
Maybe we should make a contract arrangement with him for next season before competition for his signature sets in.
424 he used with leipzig would fit perfectly Pepe, Laca, Auba

It would allow Laca and Auba play centrally while it will keep Pepe close to them but he'll still stay on the wing.

Bergkamp1988

I just don't want to watch ugly football at Arsenal anymore. Just give me a man who can bring us back a little dignity.

Luis Enrique, the Ajax guy, Arteta play the kind of football that is worthy of our club

h

424 he used with leipzig would fit perfectly Pepe, Laca, Auba

It would allow Laca and Auba play centrally while it will keep Pepe close to them but he'll still stay on the wing.
Could you do the whole team with that formation?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It isn’t so much the tinkering, rather the fact he’s failing to communicate his plan to the players.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I just don't want to watch ugly football at Arsenal anymore. Just give me a man who can bring us back a little dignity.

Luis Enrique, the Ajax guy, Arteta play the kind of football that is worthy of our club

He has never managed a team tbf.

Manberg

Predator
I want Arteta. You can tell he’ll be a good manager simply by looking at his eyes. Those are smart eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom