• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zilfy

1. I'd love to see a poll that asks how many want Emery out even if make top 4?
Is Emery reaching top 4 evidence of emerys coaching abilities, or evidence of Chelsea and man u's incompetence?

I hope the board are willing to see past the results, just like Chelsea's board did with Sarri.Yes we are kind of 3rd equal right now,but is anyone very impressed?

Token Yank

Dunno what the **** is wrong with me but I am voting Mourinho. Guy has won everything and would bring some much needed grit to the team and would command respect. Short contract so we can flog him before half the dressing room forces transfers. Having said that I don’t think he will be the choice if Emery gets canned. Assume it will be one of Raul’s/Edu’s boys Enrique, Arteta or the Brazilian National Team coach I heard Edu loves.

m-due

I’ll add Arsène Wenger to the list, who is currently available. Jokes aside, Emery will definitely be at the helm come next May, bar another implosion making his position unattainable.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I’ll add Arsène Wenger to the list, who is currently available. Jokes aside, Emery will definitely be at the helm come next May, bar another implosion making his position unattainable.

If we don`t get top 4 Emery is certinaly gone. Could very well not a renewal even if we finish top 4.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
dont want him back unless he wins us the EPL. Which is not possible with this team.

So I dont want him back.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

1. I'd love to see a poll that asks how many want Emery out even if make top 4?
Is Emery reaching top 4 evidence of emerys coaching abilities, or evidence of Chelsea and man u's incompetence?

I hope the board are willing to see past the results, just like Chelsea's board did with Sarri.Yes we are kind of 3rd equal right now,but is anyone very impressed?

I agree. If we make top 4 and Chelsea and Utd have good windows and sort themselves out, we’ll be quickly back in the EL.

I can’t see us advancing to title contenders or going deep in the CL with him.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Top 6 managers are effing boring. Give is the new way of football. But also someone who has fkn done a difference showing their way at a club.

Why does everyone want arsenal schoolkids as managers? I dont get it. Let Them get some experiance

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
And, yes, I have an actual reason for not wanting Arteta. How many of Ferguson and Wenger's assistants have gone on to do anything with a big team in life? How many of Mourinho's? How many of Pep's before his time here either?

Big fat zero.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Wish you couldnt pick everyone in the list. Why multiplechoice? People picking 5 coaches makes the poll Boring imo

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And, yes, I have an actual reason for not wanting Arteta. How many of Ferguson and Wenger's assistants have gone on to do anything with a big team in life? How many of Mourinho's? How many of Pep's before his time here either?

Big fat zero.
Mourinho was assistant manager to LvG (i think) before going to Porto. who was himself an assistant manager to some other big manager.

Being Assistant to a manager is probably the standard route to being a manager.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought I might create a poll for a new manager considering there is a lot of talk about Emery getting the sack early & a lot of people seem keen for him to get the sack.

Completely disagree with this thread and shame on mods for allowing it to continue. Do we want to become Man Utd or Chelsea, changing managers every season? The time for this thread is when we are in 5th position in May 2020, not now!

zilfy

allegri:

"He played a key role in Sassuolo's rise through the lower Italian divisions and subsequently led Cagliari to their best Serie A finish in nearly 15 years, winning the Panchina d'Oro Award for best Serie A coach in 2009. His performances as head coach of Cagliari earned him a move to Milan in 2010, where he remained until January 2014; in the 2010–11 season, Allegri helped Milan to their first Serie A title since the 2003–04 season.[3]

After joining Juventus in 2014, he won four consecutive domestic doubles between 2015 and 2018, the only coach to achieve this feat in the top 5 European leagues.

He is the coach with the highest win percentage (70,4%) in the history of Juventus."

not too shabby?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What has Arteta actually done though? Gets bollocked by Pep on the sideline when they concede.

It’s not like they’ve really reinvented the wheel at City, going by @Makingtrax interesting squad cost info the other day City are performing in line with expectations seen as they’re miles ahead of everyone else in terms of squad cost.

In the CL they’ve bottled it to Monaco and Sp**s, teams who had a fraction of their squad cost value. Also got absolutely bummed by Liverpool who spent quite a bit less than them on the squad.

He’s assisting a team that’s done averagely for their outlay.

Manberg

Predator
Zidanne went from Ancelotti’s assistant to managing Real Madrid. Guardiola went from managing Barcelona’s youth team for only one season to being one of Barcelona’s best ever managers the next.
No reason why we shouldn’t give Arteta or Freddie a chance.

Experience is overrated.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Zidanne went from Ancelotti’s assistant to managing Real Madrid. Guardiola went from managing Barcelona’s youth team for only one season to being one of Barcelona’s best ever managers the next.
No reason why we shouldn’t give Arteta or Freddie a chance.

Experience is overrated.
They have had the best players in the world and unlimited money. Are you serious?

Having a few seasons is good experiance. It matters alot.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

If that’s the case then why have so many managers failed with such “best players in the world and unlimited money”?
are you arguing they did not have basically unlimited money and had the best players in the world? Go look at the first squads they managed. Tell rate them please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom