• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
After the summer transfer i was buzzing. So much dead wood gone and all these hungry young players ready to step in. Now im looking at that team sheet every week thinking how has this gone so wrong. The 11 we put out is argueably as good as anyone else apart from pool and city. We have the players, we have the squad to get 4th this season.

Underhill

If we keep Emery on and he wins us the Europa, and the board look for a better manager next year when we are in the Champions League, that’s the only acceptable outcome for Raul and co if they don’t let go Unai this season...the squad under Emery will struggle even more having to cope with Champions League imo.
Nothing suggest we are even in the top5 in EL.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

It annoys me how much of a gamble this is, there’s no precedent this year for us winning games yet alone putting in good performances.

People might not rate the squad but if a lot of them force their way out we’re going to have even more gaps than we do this year.

Getting into the CL as a club has never been more important, for me the direction we’re going in is defined by this season.

Get in there and we could go on an upward trajectory, if we don’t then I’m seriously worried that we’re going to turn into the Sp**s of the early 2000’s or Liverpool before Rodgers.

No need to be anxious, we're halfway there. The killing blow will be dealt soon :lol:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Are Barcelona suffering from an identity crisis under Luis Enrique?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/name/15/blog/post/2214950/headline

Sounds like just the manager to take over Arsenal after Emery.

I always thought criticisms on Enrique were really unfair and exagerated.

Pep Guardiola has ruined them. He made them to get used to such a level of greatness in both football performances and results that now they have unrealistic expectations. What he has achieved at Barcelona is an anomaly in football's history and people now think Barcelona are entitled to win every trophies and play the best football in the world every year because they have the best player alive in their squad, and one of the most talented squad in the world.

At the end of the day, Luis Enrique has won everything for his first season playing an attractive football (maybe not as good as pep's barça but still pleasing to watch), the next year he won the league & the cup, got knocked out by Atletico who were no joke, and a pain in the ass to play. It's the same team who knocked out Guardiola's bayern... Nothing to be ashamed of.
3rd year it was the end of a cycle, he only won a cup and football quality got worse.

He did a very good job if you tell me. Even though his team was stacked. We've seen other superteams who were failures. We've seen other offensive super powerhorse on paper who couldn't live up to the hype.
Enrique has managed to make 3 super dominant players on the ball with huge egos to play well together.
Nobody was expecting this front 3 to be that good.

People forget that even though you have the best team on paper, you can't win everything every single year. you can't play the most attractive football in europe for a long stretch of time. you can't keep playing with the same motivation & intensity every single season. the other teams make adjustments.
let's not forget that xavi & iniesta, 2 geniuses among the all time great started to age and regress. Even though they're mighty Barcelona and have all the money in the world, you can't replace those 2.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Sack Emery, bring in Benetiz on a 6 month deal. Sell Xhaka/Torerria and Mustafi for funds, loan Freddie to another team in the top 5 leagues or even the championship for coaching experience. Win Europa. Bring back Freddie. Win the CL, PL, WWE Heavyweight hell in a cell match etc. Laugh at Sp**s.

It's easy, I don't know why Raul is taking his sweet time.

say yes

forum master baiter
Worth remembering that Enrique was heavily linked by journalists when Wenger was sacked, but Ornstein says he was never even interviewed:
The identities of the other seven have never previously been made public, but The Athletic can exclusively reveal they were, in alphabetical order: Massimiliano Allegri, Mikel Arteta, Thierry Henry, Julen Lopetegui, Ralf Rangnick, Jorge Sampaoli and Patrick Vieira.

Arsenal additionally discussed Antonio Conte, Eddie Howe, Maurizio Sarri and Brendan Rodgers — but for differing reasons they were not pursued, while Luis Enrique was never an option.

Balboa

I agree. It is understandable to feel frustrated at the lack of progress being made under Emery, but if we panic and fire him mid-season, a Solskjaer-type situation seems likely.

Making a second rash appointment in succession would be more detrimental to the long-term future of this club than giving Emery until May to sort things out.

The last appointment wasn't rash. They just got it wrong. it was always going to be hard for whoever got the job.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure you understand what communication entails. You've contradicted yourself here. Communication is more than just understanding a language and words.

I haven't contradicted myself at all.

Most people when discussing Emery's poor communication also talk about how his English is awful as part of the reason why he has such poor communication.

However, Emery also does not make any sense when he's speaking in Spanish, so the language barrier is only part of the problem.

If we have a coach who knows what he is saying, regardless of the language he speaks, then the communication problems will start to go away.

I don't know how good Enrique's English is, but his brain does not spew gibberish and nonsense like Emery's; so whatever he says and in whatever language he says it in will be better than Emery.

If you want to have a conversation about nonverbal communication then I think it is pretty easy to understand that Emery looks like a buffoon most of the time, and he's really good at communicating that.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Pep Guardiola has ruined them. He made them to get used to such a level of greatness in both football performances and results that now they have unrealistic expectations.
Sounds like Wenger and Emery trying to follow him...

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If we keep Emery on and he wins us the Europa, and the board look for a better manager next year when we are in the Champions League, that’s the only acceptable outcome for Raul and co if they don’t let go Unai this season...the squad under Emery will struggle even more having to cope with Champions League imo.
That's asking A LOT.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It annoys me how much of a gamble this is, there’s no precedent this year for us winning games yet alone putting in good performances.

People might not rate the squad but if a lot of them force their way out we’re going to have even more gaps than we do this year.

Getting into the CL as a club has never been more important, for me the direction we’re going in is defined by this season.

Get in there and we could go on an upward trajectory, if we don’t then I’m seriously worried that we’re going to turn into the Sp**s of the early 2000’s or Liverpool before Rodgers.

Sometimes you gotta gamble

Standing on a bridge, train is baring down on you, No time to break

You gotta leap even if you dont know what is under the bridge

Balboa

Sometimes you gotta gamble

Standing on a bridge, train is baring down on you, No time to break

You gotta leap even if you dont know what is under the bridge

Except there's no train and no bridge. Just Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Leicester, Sp**s, Manchester Utd and the threat of Everton-esque, eternal mediocrity....

dbig

Except there's no train and no bridge. Just Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Leicester, Sp**s, Manchester Utd and the threat of Everton-esque, eternal mediocrity....
Sheffield United won't be happy you missed out on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom