• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t think a Mourinho or an Allegri type would be able to fix us, our current defence will never be good enough regardless of who is in charge, Allegri has worked with probably the best back line of the 2010s, he wouldn’t be able to do anything with our collection of jokers back there!

I really don’t think any manager could make our current team more solid, the team is just too unbalanced for that...that why I am in favour of someone who will build around our youngsters instead, as that’s about the only good thing we have right now.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Need an english manager that can give these useless refs a strong talking to. I'll take Wilder, Howe at this point. Always felt Utd got a disproportionate number of decisions for them because the refs didn't want to face up to Ferguson.
Im afraid that having an english manager wont help with that. I thought having more British players in the team would help that but cant say it ever made a difference, Saka getting booked for “diving”, chambers booked for anything likewise with Holding. Us and city seem to have a huge number of decisions that go against us. Its gone on for far too long unmentioned by anyone.

go as far back to watch our old games against united to see how bad it was. Kicking us off the park without a yellow given only to be booked for us responding.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
'An ex player who's a current assistant manager' Sounds like Arteta but could be Freddie which I am not against in all honesty.

I agree, I think just a change in manager will lift us & Freddie knows the younger players inside out. Willock for eg should be starting every game. In the summer we can bring in a top manager, unless of course Freddie has rescued top 4, if so he would deserve to stay on. They must do it now, the next 3 games are all winnable but with Emery they will likely go the way of yesterdays game.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
with the January transfer window looming, and quite a few fed-up players, Freddie is the safest bet - because the players know him, and seem to like him, it might just make them pause before throwing in the towel - safer surely than bringing in another unknown quantity

and the same with Arteta, although the younger and newer players won't know him

we really ought to be doing a lot better with the squad we have, and hanging on to most of the best is the safest way to get out of the worst of the pit Emery has dug for us

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When will Ornstein publish another article claiming that Raul and Edu (Dumb and Dumber) is 100% behind Emery? Around 12 PM is my guess
Tomorrow morning. I don't like you call them dumb and dumber both done thier job in summer I don't think the decision of sacking manager in thier hand imo

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They are protecting their friend while they doesnt give a sh1t about the club.
People keep saying raul is emery friend i don't think raul even know emery before because Raul was at barca if we have monchi then i totally agree with you

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

with the January transfer window looming, and quite a few fed-up players, Freddie is the safest bet - because the players know him, and seem to like him, it might just make them pause before throwing in the towel - safer surely than bringing in another unknown quantity

we really ought to be doing a lot better with the squad we have, and hanging on to most of the best is the safest way to get out of the worst of the pit Emery has dug for us
Probably shouldn't matter if the younger players don't know him or not, they won't know anyone else anyway. (Allegri, Simeone, Ten Hag, Rogers etc.) If Arteta is the next chosen I reckon they'll start to like him after a few weeks anyway. He was a likable guy when he played with us.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

What I feel with both Arteta and Freddie is that they were not high enough profiles as players

A Vieira or Henry were levels above them, sure Freddie is an invincible but still not worldclass, he was a role player that fit the system, Arteta is a journeyman

A Vieira or Henry automatically gets respect regardless of their managerial status.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
What I feel with both Arteta and Freddie is that they were not high enough profiles as players

A Vieira or Henry were levels above them, sure Freddie is an invincible but still not worldclass, he was a role player that fit the system, Arteta is a journeyman

A Vieira or Henry automatically gets respect regardless of their managerial status.

Henry is not a good coach.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I don’t think a Mourinho or an Allegri type would be able to fix us, our current defence will never be good enough regardless of who is in charge, Allegri has worked with probably the best back line of the 2010s, he wouldn’t be able to do anything with our collection of jokers back there!

I really don’t think any manager could make our current team more solid, the team is just too unbalanced for that...that why I am in favour of someone who will build around our youngsters instead, as that’s about the only good thing we have right now.
Our defensive issues will take longer to fix. But we have a good mix of players in the attack. We should just get a manager who is ultra attacking and trusts our forwards to outscore our opponents. While doing that, we could slowly ramp up the defense. That's what Klopp did with Liverpool.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Our defensive issues will take longer to fix. But we have a good mix of players in the attack. We should just get a manager who is ultra attacking and trusts our forwards to outscore our opponents. While doing that, we could slowly ramp up the defense. That's what Klopp did with Liverpool.

That is akin to continuing to beat a horse to make it go faster

Eventually it Will just die!

Better to get a defensive coach and firm up defense and organization, Emery has tried and failed that.

It get a running coach a screamer/motivator.

Then you got something to build on.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Like Thierry got at Monaco?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
That is akin to continuing to beat a horse to make it go faster

Eventually it Will just die!

Better to get a defensive coach and firm up defense and organization, Emery has tried and failed that.

It get a running coach a screamer/motivator.

Then you got something to build on.
We should work on defense. But we need to sell trash like Sokratis and David Luiz and get more players. This will take two seasons at least. Till we get the personnel, we should work with what we have. Why not just unleash Özil, Pepe, Laca and Auba? :cool:

At least we need to find someone who doesn't go in with five defenders against Southampton at home. I will never forgive Unai for this. Remember his statement? "I prefer a 5-4 win over a 1-0 win." And now he goes in with this formation against relegation fodder :lol:

Bradpiff

We should work on defense. But we need to sell trash like Sokratis and David Luiz and get more players. This will take two seasons at least. Till we get the personnel, we should work with what we have. Why not just unleash Özil, Pepe, Laca and Auba? :cool:

At least we need to find someone who doesn't go in with five defenders against Southampton at home. I will never forgive Unai for this. Remember his statement? "I prefer a 5-4 win over a 1-0 win." And now he goes in with this formation against relegation fodder :lol:

Thing is if we go for a defensive coach most of the newer "fans" will complain that it's not 'The Arsenal way'. But will then proceed to sing one nil to the Arsenal :facepalm::facepalm:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Henry has no business being Arsenal manager, he has proven nothing as a manager.

Tony Adams advocating Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche....

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Henry has no business being Arsenal manager, he has proven nothing as a manager.

Tony Adams advocating Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche....
There are many more exciting or proven managers out there who would grab the chance to manage our club (we may have to wait until the summer). Nagelsmann, Ten Hag, Allegri, who knows maybe even Poch.

But Dyche is an instant no due to his style of play, and Howe looks like he wouldnt be able to fix our frailness/leaky-ness in defence as Bournemouth have been a mid table version of us the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom