• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciscoo

My problem is that he’s an assistant at City. They’ve had so much money pumped in to them, how much of their success is really down to him?

He didn’t really transform in his first season there, it was only after two windows with huge spending that they started to dominate.

Have City actually underachieved considering the money spent? Yes back to back titles is a good effort but they haven’t come close to the CL.

I guess it depends what our goals are. I don’t think any manager gets us challenging for the title/CL without a big investment. So my priorities are attractive football and CL qualification.

Arteta could well be the best fit from what’s available, but yes, there are a lot of unknowns. You could argue that both Pep and City’s CL problems are longstanding and deeper than an assistant could fix.

I simply wouldn’t rule him out at this stage.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you go with a former player as manager thing, you think the club will show some push to Freddie if he’s as highly rated as being made out? If not, he’ll have to move on ASAP.

Now I can’t see Freddie getting shafted for Arteta.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I guess it depends what our goals are. I don’t think any manager gets us challenging for the title/CL without a big investment. So my priorities are attractive football and CL qualification.

Arteta could well be the best fit from what’s available, but yes, there are a lot of unknowns. You could argue that both Pep and City’s CL problems are longstanding and deeper than an assistant could fix.

I simply wouldn’t rule him out at this stage.

I think the point I wanted to make is, what makes the job Arteta’s done at City any better than what Domenic Torrent did at Bayern and Barca with Pep?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Like I said yesterday, I like Vieira but Freddie has to be the logical choice. He knows the squad inside out, he has some prior coaching experience, the transition will be smooth. Vieira doesn't seem like the kind of manager who'd leave a club in the lurch halfway into a season. He genuinely cares about building his reputation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think the point I wanted to make is, what makes the job Arteta’s done at City any better than what Domenic Torrent did at Bayern and Barca with Pep?
But Ivan was going to give him the job not based on his City work but the mark he left behind at Arsenal. He was considered this young great football mind.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like I said yesterday, I like Vieira but Freddie has to be the logical choice. He knows the squad inside out, he has some prior coaching experience, the transition will be smooth. Vieira doesn't seem like the kind of manager who'd leave a club in the lurch halfway into a season. He genuinely cares about building his reputation.

Well Emery's still here and probably won't be sacked barring an absolute crisis were we lose several consecutive games. When I'm talking about Vieira I was more talking about for the summer more than halfway through this season.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Well Emery's still here and probably won't be sacked barring an absolute crisis were we lose several consecutive games. When I'm talking about Vieira I was more talking about for the summer more than halfway through this season.
Gotcha. I am thinking more along the lines of Emery getting canned in the next month or so. Judging by the competition I don't think you need a Mourinho or Ancelotti get us Top 4.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We can take our time and wait till summer for someone like Vieira is what I mean. For the rest of the season Freddie imo is more than adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom