• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Should be going all out for our greatest player...

YknBACw.png

acf6913b80f43096a94519037dba9143ae23c821_hq.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wolves have a squad that should be below the top 6, so obviously they're going to finish in and around that area of the table come on now.

Nuno would get us back into the CL, not sure about big titles but definitely the CL. Allegri would win titles. Arteta and Poch would build something and unite the fanbase.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Poch ffs?

Oh how we've fallen. We humiliated Sp**s for 20 years straight, spending the same or less, and now we're begging for their cast off.

No pride!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nah apparently it was younger lads who mocked him. Can’t blame them really, we’ve all been there.

mpower2540

I see what you say about the recruitment and I agree.
However, this team is not worse than Leicester's 1st team, nobody on this forum would have suggested that at the start of the season. This is only with benefit of hindsight due to IMO, the managers' work.

I agree, before the season began I fancied us to finish above both Leicester and Chelsea. I also believe that both those teams are playing at their absolute maximum right now (Vardys’ conversion rate is insane) and Chelsea’s youthfulness will probably lead to loss of form at some point. However, they both have multifaceted players in their midfields. Take the ball winners of each team for example. Ndidi is a big, physical, athletic player that can read danger effectively, tackle well but also cover large distances if he has to, he’s a decent ball player too, far from amazing but good enough for his role.
Kante - Not as big as Ndidi but just as athletic, incredible engine, immense team player/attitude and pretty good on the ball and once again tremendous recovery for large distances.
Torreira - Now there’s a lot of differing opinion about his quality but I happen to think he’s very good at reading danger and tackling, along with his tenacity. However, he’s small, quite slow and doesn’t have the natural athleticism to counter this therefore you have to put him in his best position and mask his deficiencies by putting players around him that can do the jobs he can’t do. Unfortunately we lack these other players (bar Willock who’s still a kid). Which just completely exposes us. There are other examples but I don’t want to depress myself typing it all out

You’re correct about the managers work, he royally screwed things up and since I haven’t seen a new manager in action with this particular squad I shall reserve conclusive judgment however my hypothesis is that this team is still woefully short in key areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom