Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

:( :(

Game over.

Should‘ve signed Mourinho when we could but we always miss the timing.

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Allegri did say he wouldnt take a job mid season.

He might be more receptive if he had six months to study English and got to take over in the summer.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  3. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

The lad set up an orgy FFS

:lol:

Gunner boy dd and GDeep™ like this.
  4. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Can guarentee if Mendes wasn't involved with Nuno there would be no chance we'd be considering him right now.
    If Allegri and Poch are off the table then stick with Freddie and make the decision in the summer. Got a feeling Raul is going to dig the hole we're in even deeper with some bullshit appointment.

albakos and Rex Banter like this.
  5. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Nuno will get us EL nothing more tbf.

6. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Well they need someone calling the shots lad. Only natural that Freddie be given it. Whether it's a few days or weeks who knows

7. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

It's clear with the Emery situation we need someone who can clearly communicate his ideas to the team. Allegri is a tactician and they need to be communicated to the team. He can't do that if he has a beginner level of english.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

looks like Allegri really want take year off before considering his next move.

9. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Its supposed to be just a show board now with little power. They spoke about it here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/handbrake-off-a-show-about-arsenal/id1488521732

Rex Banter likes this.
  10. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Nuno or Marcelino would be a tier 4 type of managers. The likes Sevilla or a Villarreal would hire them. We need an elite manager, it’s either that or give Freddie the job until the end of the season.

2019/2020 season is a write off anyways. Cancel it and just start fresh for 2020/2021.

GDeep™ and albakos like this.
  11. mma

mma Member

****ty source. They were saying he was the prime candidate for Bayern and Sp**s when he wasn't.
    After he was sacked he said he wants to take a job immediately. Later in the summer when Chelsea hired Lampard and no other jobs were available he said he'll take a sabbatical 'because I have to'.

If offered a real project I think he'll take it.

12. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

I’d take Saddam over some of these dossers we’re linked to.

Fewtch and Garrincha like this.
  13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Nuno has something about him. I could see the fans really getting behind him.

Riou likes this.
  14. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Very good point, and the reason i can't stand that muppet Charles Watts

15. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

We are not an elite team anymore, so you’re just going to disappoint yourself with this expectation...best we can get is take a gamble on an unknown manager who might be elite in a few years, that or we will get a manager at least one tier below the best.

16. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

United, 4 managers in after the great one, and currently mid table. We're only one manager in. It could be a long haul.

17. Dammit

Dammit Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Freddie to do well, don't want other midtable quality around here again. I want a manager who doesn't **** around (a reason I wanted Mourinho), I'm 100% sure those spinless players won't try to mock a character like Freddie. That's what I want to see from now on. Fighting spirit. Also who isn't 100% in then he can go **** off in the summer I don't care, even if it's Auba or 10 goals a season Lacazette. We will come back, it will take time, but Freddie will have my patience.

Miyata and em9999 like this.
  18. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah if not a top class manager we should go for someone more risky with high upside. These midtable managers you know will just keep us around 5th-8th is pointless.

I wouldn't write this season off though, top 4 or trophies should be the expectation..

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

I agree, just the mood on here is as if some feel Freddie replacement is coming today;

North5 likes this.
  20. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Would be slightly hesitant about Allegri. He did a great job at Juve building on Conte's team, but they played pretty dull football grinding out 1 or 2-0 wins against even the poorest teams in the league. He also inherited a defence with some of the best defenders from the last decade or so.

Coming here would be a very different challenge in every possible aspect.

Kysus, Makingtrax and North5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.