• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is Mourinho going to be able to teach our players how to press, and how to beat teams pressing us? Did he succeed in doing so at Utd? Cause we might as well rehire Wenger before we go for Mourinho. The outcome will be the exact same, we'll be counting down the days until we end up having to sack him and find a new manager to start from scratch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I am genuinely puzzled that some are advocating Jose to take over the manager's position at AFC. We really have short memories, don't we?
The dude is a despicable human being, in addition to that, his football philosophy is totally opposite to what Arsenal football is or should be about. Hopefully the current management crew will not make that mistake. The dude is toxic.

There was an Arsenal before Arsène Wenger. Was George Graham's philosophy similar to Wengers? For me Mourinho isn't even as negative as Graham was.

Tir Na Nog

Is Mourinho going to be able to teach our players how to press, and how to beat teams pressing us? Did he succeed in doing so at Utd? Cause we might as well rehire Wenger before we go for Mourinho. The outcome will be the exact same, we'll be counting down the days until we end up having to sack him and find a new manager to start from scratch.

Watch Real Madrid vs Barca in the 11/12 season, that's what you call pressing. He's good at teaching his teams how to win football matches. When Wenger was finishing 6th Mourinho finished 2nd that same year so there's quite a difference there, nearly a 20 point difference in fact and I don't believe our squad was THAT much worse than United's that season that there'd be such a difference in where the two teams finished. To say that Wenger would be the same as Mourinho, it's just something I'm not buying tbh.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he will cover that in the weeks to come.

Only given the attacking seminar so far.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Makes sense that the same people who worship Wenger would want Jose here.

Just invest in the Jurassic Park boxset you dinosaur-loving weirdos. It’s not 2004 any more.

Confuses me more that the ones who loved Wenger want Jose, but it is what it is...think Wenger became a “dinosaur” at the earliest of summer 2009, up until that point he was still that damn good.

Tir Na Nog

Makes sense that the same people who worship Wenger would want Jose here.

Just invest in the Jurassic Park boxset you dinosaur-loving weirdos. It’s not 2004 any more.

Mourinho since 2004.

x3 Premier League titles
x1 FA Cup
x3 League Cup
x1 Champions League
x1 Europa League
x2 Serie A
x1 Coppa Italia
x1 La Liga
x1 Copa Del Rey

Before I even get into Community Shields and stuff like that. Or times he was runner up, CL semi-finals, etc.

#Winner

Most people on the list cannot compare. In fact can anyone? I mean we're not gonna get Pep or Klopp. Simeone probably wouldn't come here, apart from that who has won more in the last 15 years?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Confuses me more that the ones who loved Wenger want Jose, but it is what it is...think Wenger became a “dinosaur” at the earliest of summer 2009, up until that point he was still that damn good.
His best work was between 2006-13 and even after that he got CL and won further trophies.

Wenger was dinosaur for 1 year really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I loved Wenger and hated Mourinho but it’s 2020 now, European big shot Raul is at the club, if he wants Jose I’ll back him.

With Jose I’ll go into every game feeling like we’re going into war, we’ll threaten most teams.

Riou

His best work was between 2006-13 and even after that he got CL and won further trophies.

Wenger was dinosaur for 1 year really.

The way I worded it was confusing...I meant anyone who was “Wenger Out” pre 2009 is a massively disloyal *****, the 08-09 season was the first time I watched Arsenal and wasn’t really sure what Big Wengz end goal was (but knowing the crappy deal we had with the banks and the type of owner we have his hands were tied really, probably should have said the 11-12 season instead) 15-16 was when the journey had really ended with Arsène, amazing FA cup win against Chelsea in 2017 aside.

Last edited:

Riou

Mourinho since 2004.

x3 Premier League titles
x1 FA Cup
x3 League Cup
x1 Champions League
x1 Europa League
x2 Serie A
x1 Coppa Italia
x1 La Liga
x1 Copa Del Rey

Before I even get into Community Shields and stuff like that. Or times he was runner up, CL semi-finals, etc.

#Winner

Most people on the list cannot compare. In fact can anyone? I mean we're not gonna get Pep or Klopp. Simeone probably wouldn't come here, apart from that who has won more in the last 15 years?

Community Shields > League Cups imo.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Who do you want? For me everyone seems to have big question marks. Bigger than with Jose.

Erk Ten Hag, Julian Nagelssman, Klopp(lol), Tuchel, Conte.

I want us to play positive attacking football. I want to be entertained(on the field, as I am sure Mourinho would be a ****-show).

Mourinho leaves clubs as dead horses. Mourinho spends like a mf.

Negative football. Noone would touch this guy with a stick a few years ago, laughing while he failed at united and left them with a **** squad. Same when he failed at Chelsea and left them with ****. If they didnt fluke with their kids they would in despair

Where have he done well with a weaker club without good money except one time with porto 200 years ago when his football still was good.

I want a new manager with visions of good football.

No idea what counting his trophies is post to do for the debate... There was a man in my town that could play all Beethoven songs by memory on piano. Then he got dementia.

Everything has expiration date.

Mourinho is that moldy milk in the freezer. You don't drink it. You throw it out.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Mourinho since 2004.

x3 Premier League titles
x1 FA Cup
x3 League Cup
x1 Champions League
x1 Europa League
x2 Serie A
x1 Coppa Italia
x1 La Liga
x1 Copa Del Rey
Since 2010 Not counting 1 match trophies(supercopa, communityshield tec)
La liga x1,
Carling cup x2,
prem x1
copa del rey,
Europaleague 1x

Not that impressive imo if you couple it with his decline after his spell with chelsea 2014. Left Chelsea way worse of after. United as well.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Well that's pretty interesting. I usually wouldn't read into anything like this but for Jose to be with Raul at a pretty dead Europa League group stage game speaks for itself I think.

Jose isn't coming for a year either, it'd be a 3 year stint, do I want that?

I think there's better out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom