<

Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Not necessarily, he played a lot of the academy lads at United.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  2. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Look Emery Out and what not.... but the fact that you guys want Mourinho in is the most desperate and embarrassing thing.

3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

My worry is didn't we used to slate his time at United because all he did was park the bus and play terrible football? We'd achieve better results but I feel we'd still complain.

I support Arsenal so it doesn't matter who manages us, I'll always back them. As for Jose, always liked him when he wasn't at United.

4. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

In fairness, that's what happens if you put milk in the freezer and not the fridge.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  5. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

What kind of made-up nonsense is this?

I hate the Europa. Diabolical competition which I’ve got absolutely zero respect for.

Our greatest achievement in the past 20 years was the invincibles. Not even a CL win would top that.

American_Gooner likes this.
  6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Yeah its weird, one minute I'm solving statistical mechanics problem and next minute I'm forgetting the word fridge and using freezer instead.

I think the milk takes longer time to mold in the freezer though.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

If Raul wants him, which he might, then you’ll have to back the club. This isn’t even about what we want, Raul and Jose met last night and they surely discussed the job.

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

I freeze milk into ice cube trays and then put cubes of milk ice in my coffee, usually two!

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I never make anything up mate. I’ll find it.

Anyway, you were against Arteta and mentioned Wenger fan boys, you’re against Jose now mentioning Wenger fan boys again. Bit weird.

10. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Jose is finished mate. All-time great but managers have a shelf life at the top level and he is well past his now.

And, even when he was good, he’s a horrible man who plays horrible football. Not the Arsenal type at all.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  11. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

that's exactly what we thought we were getting with Emery - unfortunately the visions of good football didn't get past the powerpoint presentation

GDeep™ likes this.
  12. Predicates

Predicates Active Member

Hello all, first-time poster here. In my opinion, Jose Mourinho would be great at Arsenal. He's charismatic, tactically astute and a proven winner, basically everything Unai isn't. As a result, he would inspire the players, improve our defensive situation and secure Champions League qualification with ease. Moreover, I think he would want to work for us, because he obviously has a good relationship with Sanllehi, and because we are the biggest team in England that would take him on at this moment.

13. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Mourinho, born and raised at Setubal is maybe just a fan of the club and at the same time a good friend with Raul. (They have quite a few mutual acquaintances).

Honestly appointing Mourinho after all this may force me into a sabbatical.

14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Fine, until end of season then bin him. Then get some foreign dandy like Ten Hag or give it Wilder.

Toby Andrl and Sapient Hawk like this.
  15. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Mourinho wouldn't be my choice. I think he's a ****. But if he got the job he'd be our ****. And I'd back him. One thing is for sure - it wouldn't be dull.

Sapient Hawk, asukru, Troopz and 2 others like this.
  16. Mraven

Mraven Well-Known Member

The day Özil was frozen out of the squad by Emery and he met Mourinho along with Raul he posted this:

Özil knows

asukru and kraphtous like this.
  17. EmeryCouldnt

Posted at 4:21.... I know what makes Özil laugh.

MutableEarth and Tir Na Nog like this.
  18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I remember @say yes jumping on the bandwagon changing his avatar to Arteta like so many others at the time. :lol:

El Duderino, say yes and Toby Andrl like this.
  19. EmeryCouldnt

[​IMG]

20. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

We played Vitoria Guimaraes last night, they’re different to Vitoria Setubal.

Guimaraes is four hours away from Setubal.

Something in this, can see an Ornstein bomb in the next couple of days. Might ring up my source see what’s going on.

berric and GDeep™ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.