Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

I agree he is the
    I agree he would be the best however he will not come. That much I can guarantee.

2. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Who exactly do you mean by we?

Rodgers is still a joke and a charlatan in my eyes. Leicester are massively overrated this season. This is Rodgers at his best IMO, good enough for top 4 but he won't take us any further. A known entity.

You're also describing us like we're Aston Villa when it comes to our ability to attract a manager.

I don't think you grasp how much managers fear the sack and value job security. Everyone knows if a manager comes here and does a decent job, he's guaranteed stability. We aren't Real Madrid or Chelsea who would sack a manager after winning a league title.

Job stability & security
    Decent salary (Wenger was one of the highest paid coaches in the league so the club is willing to shell out money)
    London
    Prestige of managing a top side in the EPL
    Chance to increase his stock by taking us back to the top. Look at how the Liverpool job rehabilitated Klopp's slightly damaged reputation from his end days at Dortmund

The rest is just down to how the club sells the project, in other words is the hierarchy willing to give the manager what he asks for in order for him to agree to come in. Make no mistake, 98% of managers out there would sell their grandmother for a genuine chance at the Arsenal job.

Don't make it sound like its Arteta or no one. That's the same sort of logic that saw people defend Wenger, "Who else can we get that's better?" or tolerate our numerous mediocre players, "Try to get a better defender than Andre Santos/Djourou/Senderos/Squillaci/Mustafi in January, it can't be done."

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  4. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

My boy Rodgers is going to be Liverpool's closest challenger for the title this season and people still don't want him here.

5. Sane__

Sane__ Active Member

He was a great player.

KrissKringle likes this.
  6. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

-20 ain't gonna be "challenging"

DanDare likes this.
  7. Justin1986

Justin1986 Active Member

Completely agree, apart from 20 mins of slight improvement, then it may Aswell have been emery in the dugout

8. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

But how many titles did Pochettino manage to win at the little chicken club? besides that he has talked **** about Arsenal on a number occassions and i dont want to see him as Gunners boss.

Thomas Tuchel would in my opinion have been the ideal manager for Arsenal, but we can only dream of getting him now.

I think both Luis Enrique and Max Allegri would been a wet dream for every Gooner.

9. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Id take him

10. Tumblin'Dice

Tumblin'Dice Hates Reddit

This is it.

11. isop

isop Well-Known Member

12. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Stunning honestly, completely agree with you.

say yes and Pepes blue pill like this.
  13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

So would most of the forum, look at the poll. :lol:

14. 14Henry

Rodgers has Leciester playing great football and sitting pretty 2nd in the league. Hes getting more out of the sum of the parts. They have good players better than ours but he is also managing then well.

We are not Aston Villa but we are no better than a Sevilla or Valencia. So why do we expect the most sought after managers (Poch/Ten Haag) to come to us especially half way through a season when the season is a disaster.

Give me a list of the best managers in the world. The top 5 in your eyes. Then tell me who of them is available for Arsenal.

Then tell me who you honestly believe is the best and most credible manager we can realistically attract.

15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Can i change my vote?

16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

The option is there.

17. 14Henry

None of them names are inspiring. And how many of them can speak fluent English?

18. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

I don't want to take any credits from Rodgers about his success but as any manager, he's in the perfect set up/context to succeed right now at Leicester.
    They've done an amazing job at supporting him, they have very good players, a good mix between experience & youth.

I don't think his success at Leicester can be translated into Arsenal in its current state.

Tbf I'm not sure that any manager right now can make any miracle with this team, in this context right now. Our overrall organization that has been defective for the last few years.

It will take time. We need to be patient until Arsenal as a whole figures it out. But the way the fanbase is reacting right now... :lol:

19. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Rodgers basically confirming there is a clause in his contract. Interesting.

Camron and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
  20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Genuinely bemused how you could think it's reasonable to draw a final conclusion based on one game. Especially given the context

vantoure likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.